Suggestion to make DrKs more relevant (DrKs have been buffed, irrelevant post)

Discussion in 'Closed' started by doronos, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LimeOnyx

LimeOnyx Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Pretense
    Guild:
    Heroic
    It's like DrKs have their damage handed back to them with zerk at <50% HP, and that's when they're close to other warrior classes with DPM. I don't see how that's high risk, high reward. Beholder's attack buff should stack with attack potions. It takes a bunch of SP (max the skill) to get that attack buff anyways.

TN Laxus, Fatlip, Newo and 2 others like this.
  2. weirdomonkey

weirdomonkey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    welpy
    I think the problem with buffing drks with endgame content in mind is that it warps the meta at midgame bosses like zak and krex where zerk is easy (or effortless in the case of krex), and it might turn heroes into the next class that people will ask for buffs regarding.

My suggestion is not to improve the theoretical dps of drks but instead to give buffs to effective dps. Letting zerk % dmg scale with % hp missing is a great idea imo, and will allow drks to go to the hardest hitting endgame bosses. Additionally maybe giving drks a special 100% stance could be implemented? It would fit the lore behind the skill as well, since drks are the bravest of the lot for fighting bosses with 1/2 hp

3. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Fyi the first thing I suggested was the scaling implementation with the 40% threshold at 205/210% increase, and I put that in my warrior suggestion thread as well last week, a long with a lot of other small things that would add up to aiding drks

4. doronos

doronos Well-Known Member

you obviously just trolling. drk's damage is way below the top 4 classes (corsairs nls buccs heros) if u are only looking at their damage WITH BERSERK they are already below them. now take berserk OFF u are WAY less than 1/2 their damage i'd say drk without zerk has 2/5~ of other dps classes maybe 1/6 of corsairs. why would anyone make this class if not for muling?! people are looking for high risk high reward and all they get is high risk average reward on LOW BOSSES and absolutely not worthy attackers at endgame bosses. If u don't understand how this game works, please do not respond to this topic anymore, it's not made for you.

5. doronos

doronos Well-Known Member

Imagine a friend asking you "what attacker should i make?" and u tell him oh DRKs are useful but they CANNOT ATTACK THE TOP 2 BOSSES IN THE GAME how is that making the class relevant. And what about next updates? more bosses maybe? more content? will they always be left behind? I don't mind about the damage of drks be slightly below the hero's damage but why can't i attack decently (without being cut 50% of my damage making it so weak compared to other classes) endgame bosses?!

Oh okay since arch mages which are more of a TRAINING CLASS cannot go to bosses let's make this game NLs story ofcourse..... everything else is a mule. NO diversity NO variety. And btw I do not oppose archmages to be able to boss. I would love to see a buff to mages that they can also be an attackers as long as the game diverse and all the content is relevant.

6. steamkong

steamkong Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BURP~!
    Level:
    Funny ppl keep asking for buffing certain class in lowrate server, here is not highrate and reborn server that u can have tanky dps and movement at the same time xD,wrong place maybe?
    Im enjoying the nostalgia btw Good Luk guys, Free Bump~

7. Gellyroll

Gellyroll Well-Known Member

IGN:
    xCintare ღ
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior ღ
    True DrK fans chose the class for the fun of controlling HP and risk rather than finding it stressful and the lack of DPS. However the longer I play DrK, the more I realize the lack of respect for the class. They should at least have their buffs stacked and get better DPS like Corsairs. (which are challenging classes but have high DPS in exchange for the effort.)

Imo even the person is washed, they still want to get HB. (Unless they're 30k ofc) Most of my parties really want HB for extra HP and MP because it saves more on pots or it's just nice to have extra buff to have around. I'm just quite surprised their buffs cannot be stacked because If that were the case, what's the point of the buffs? And I don't understand why DrKs need their defenses to go higher when there is Hex of Beholder.

If people want higher risk higher reward maybe I'd go to letting the buff stacks and buff Dragon Blood? Or adjust the skill as well. Instead of lowering the HP damage of the buff when it reaches max, it will go higher.

Example:
    Level 1 Dragon Blood: MP -12 HP -48 every 4 seconds; Attack +1 for 8 seconds
    Level 20 Dragon Blood: MP -32 HP -72 every 4 seconds; Attack +20 for 160 seconds

As for Sparky95 said that you don't have to zerk 50% because it's pretty easy to zerk most of the bosses, maybe dragon blood will make it more challenging and risky? While giving you a nice deserving buff as well c: Also you have the choice to use this skill or not. I think DrK will be more relevant when their DPS goes higher and this is just my idea on how that can happen. u.u

Darklit and Cooler like this.
  8. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    ... Is the Staff even interested in making class buffs stack? So far they've remained silent so it's best to assume that they either don't want it happen or there's limitations regarding it.

9. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    It's great to see more ideas and suggestions getting thrown into the pot.
    But this... scares me beyond anything else because nobody can anticipate the dragon blood HP lick timing and it can kill anyone with 1/1 skill from major end game bosses. I don't think there is a way to save oneself from the deadly timing if they do trigger :X.

Gellyroll likes this.
  10. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Well...even riskier...tbh i like it, as u know drks are meant for masochist ppl ;)

Jesseh likes this.
  11. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Masochists enjoy pain, not sudden death -.-'

Cooler likes this.
  12. absolian

absolian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HolyAbsolian
    Level:
    ⓵⓹⓼
    here's my opinion.
    i suggest to merge AND adjust a Berserk with.... wait for it, dragons blood.
    first lower zerk from 50% HP to 40% HP.
    then apply a stackable buff/debuff of dragons blood.

so Berserk (Lv.30) become this:
    40% HP to get 200% buff damage
    +"x" Attack damage (stuckable damage buff only when life below 40%hp)
    lose "x" amount of hp every "x" amount of sec (this -HP & Attack damage amount will have to be balanced by feedback and experienced players and calculations. @Eli and @sparky95 come to mind)
    *and remove "dragons blood".

first this will make Berserk and DrKs bit more risky and automatically give them the lack of damage that was missing, in the exchange we all agree upon, greater risk = greater reward.
    second, it will make use of useless buff that no one really use.

the idea of balance your HP during a fight, from over time damage AND boss/mob damage and keep it below 40% will make the fight harder, more risky, but also grand that reward of dmaage Drks lack right now.
    sure it wont fix everything, but i guess it might be good start.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  13. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/general-warrior-feedback-useless-skills.160831/

I've said this in my "useless" skills thread about dragon's blood, and a lot of other drk skills relevant to this convo (like zerk scaling or buff stacking) dragon's blood should stack or increase str instead of att if it doesn't stack. Db shouldn't kill you either, it should only ever take you to 1hp imo
    Also I think rage and enrage should also just increase base str so they're actually useful and technically stack (but anyone under rage or enrage are in the "alert" state so nobody can abuse the stat buff with equips

14. LimeOnyx

LimeOnyx Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Pretense
    Guild:
    Heroic
    Maybe an experienced DrK can explain to me how nerfing Zerk to <40% will not break the class and further alienate DrKs from high-level bosses. Having to maintain 12k HP and still be the 3rd warrior class as far as DPM goes is worthless.

15. Tsue

Tsue Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Tsuenami
    Guild:
    USSR
    What is the actual disparity between the warrior classes' damage? I thought that they were relatively close together now.

16. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    ok, ill stop the sarcasm and elaborate, that idea doesnt seems that bad to me just bcs:
    1.- the hp will have an exact cast time, so thats another thing to pay attention to, at some point we will be used to it
    2.-as far as i know theres no 1/1 for us, thanks to achiles we always have a little margin to be heal ourselfs
    no, the whole point of this thread was "how to make drks relevant at the new high lvl bosses" and some of us even added that drks are behind even at normal bosses now, this idea keep drks useless at those bosses(auf haven/pb) but, are suposed to buff drks at current game state.

well... theres calculations, and ive saw some grapics, and some ppl throw out nessi krex dmg thread(wich is a good start point, but not the whole reality) my problem with those calculations are that doesnt take in consideration the common circusntances in a "x" boss run, how do they calculate? well:skill dmg multiplied by casting speed per minute adding buffs or no buffs.....and no, it doesnt work that way.

so in my experience the answer would be like this:

Pallys are around 15-20% stronger than heros/drks at mid early end game state(till 50att gears) at single target, but that difference become smaller and smaller and super end game state, not quite shure, but i think theyre always gonna be stronger at single target, but the difference can be less than 5% with more than 65att gears, multi target speaking of, i hardly think they can do 40% of dmg that heros/drks do(this is fine in my opinion, they have to memorize the mobs/boss elemntal weakness so the fact that theyre stronger at single target dmg is correct, the dmg cap removal would be great for them to keep the difference no matter how funded they are)

On paper heros and drks used to be compared like this

Self buffed Heros>DRK by around 10%
    Just SE Heros>DRK ..
    SE+SI Heros<DRK..
    BUT....thats on paper...in reality, things are a little bit different, just bcs theres a point that nobody adds to the formula, and that is "getting into zerk range"

I ve tried myself against heros with pretty much the same gears as me, and ive found that theres almost impossible to surpass them ANYWHERE, at zak/ht and most bosses out there, theres something that drks always have and that is either over heal, lose a second bcs of manual heal(wich drks do waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more often that pretty much all jobs) have to roar bcs onyx apple heal ur ass and at that exact point boss decide to no atack u, at this could see like a tiny problem, and it is, but its really constant, so that takes away that little dmg difference we have over heros when se+si.

This comment pretty much summerizes how drks were designed on gms, but like this is royals and no gms, a little revamp could be nice.

Jesseh and xDarkomantis like this.
  17. LimeOnyx

LimeOnyx Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Pretense
    Guild:
    Heroic
    Man. I just wish Zerk was active+passive just like Beholder. Passive in that zerk gives 200% dmg at <50% and active in that using it sets you at 50% HP if over 50% HP.

Fatlip and Cooler like this.
  18. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Ill just throw this now:

In general, im not an expert on ms private servers, and i dont want to be, but comments like this is an "x" type server not a "y" type, if u want these changes move to taht kind of....no, pls stop. If u want to be a pseudo expert of ms servers thats fine, but try to think that theres ppl who just want the best for this and only this server. im shure that many ppl as me like to see royals as a separate game now, and no just a purely old gms look a like, like i said b4, an exact copy of old gms would be cool, but just for a little time , no one will stay at a server like that.

Random comment:Bu..bu...but ure just crying to get your fav job buffed, if you buff this job, later other person will want to get a buff aswell and it will be a never ending story. JUST LEAVE THINGS AS THEY ARE NOW...........theyre alrdy fckd up changing things b4.if u want those changes go back to gms, where every job are pretty much the same with different looks.

thats a childist way of thinking, lets allow to everyone give theyre opinion, and we, as adults can analyze the argumnts and see if we agree, or, if we dont just explain why theyre reasonings are wrong in our opinion, theres no need to make fun of others opinions.

Now to re order this thread i will like to point this.Currenlty drks have 2 problems that need to be fixed.

1.-Theyre going to be useless at all the new major bosses that gonna be introduced at some point, like it happens with auf haven now
    2.-They have a hard handicap for no reason, bcs they have a harder gamestyle than heros to deal even less dmg.
    with this 2nd point i would like to add, theres no reason to add another handicap for a little buff, with drks being stronger than heros, should be no problem, bcs if u like a hard gamestyle u just have to choose drk, but if u get frustated too soon(like ive see tons of times with drks) u can choose a hero for a much safer and easier game style, what if heros ask for a buff later? well, well just point out that, they have tons of advntg over drks...as simply as that

19. absolian

absolian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HolyAbsolian
    Level:
    ⓵⓹⓼
    yep Heros has no right to ask for buff because they do the right amount of damage (while play it safe with 30k hp), Drks risk too much to deal too little.
    i think we all agree that all we ask is just to twick Drks a bit so it wont be as hard/useless for no reason becasue it has no longer any use since everyone wash hp and the drks do less damage out of all warriors while be the riskiest and left out.

20. EvilReaperZ

EvilReaperZ Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FKisrael
    Level:
    Guild:
    FKisrael
    The major flaw that raised by all Drks is the "risk" to gain on par damage that Heroes already dealing , so just remove the "risk", to all the Heroes discussing in this thread, it wont make Drks stronger then Heroes, relax.

Some might counter with Drks have this HB skill, but who need HB when everyone have 30k hp?

Some even went as far to say there is only 2-3 boss that Drk can't handle and that's totally fine, but what about the bosses that are going to be added in the future? PB? Or we as Drks have to make a new post when every new boss added to the game and beg to be include into a boss fight?

Still gonna stick with my previous suggestion, Berserk activate when HP is OVER 50% instead of LOWER.

Which the ORIGINAL maple implement to the later state of the game to make Drks able to fight the long list of upcoming stronger and deadlier bosses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.