Uhm... new godly items system?

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Marty, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    uhm, the price you bought your 111 attack is the same price that 110 attacks have sold in the past month, so you can't really argue that you "lost mesos".

So there really isn't any obvious price differences in my opinion. You also state that there was no guarantee? 2 years without a 111 attack stone tooth is a pretty big guarantee. Altogether it just sounds like you want to devalue other people equips (people that have put more time and mesos into their equipment than you) just because you want a better sword :p one man's opinion though.

Imagine if you had finished scrolling your 111 atk to 146 atk and a month later a 112 stone tooth was released? Please view situations like these in the view point of other players
    )-:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Christine

Christine Donator

IGN:
    2spoop-e4u
    Guild:
    fruits inc
    Not sure what you're trying to say here.
    So we shouldn't compensate players who spent 15b+ into scrolling a perfect item?
    ~f6

Tentomon and Imouto like this.
  3. Plenty

Plenty Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Plenty
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hollywood
    It's not that hard to backtrack a scrolled weapon when it was clean.

Mr. Chicken and Gangsta like this.
  4. SnowyKitten

SnowyKitten Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kairiasha
    The point I believe he was trying to make, was that say the perfected ST's that were 110 would still only have a chance to be 111 now, so they could have just as easily rolled to 110. Regardless, I believe that players with scrolled versions of previously perfect items should have the chance to be upgraded, but not freely and indiscriminately upgraded. What the cost should be, can be discussed.

5. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    But the hardship of a perfected weapon is not so much the cost of the 111 attack stone tooth.
    It is the billions in white scrolls that you funnel into your weapon, and not a lot of people with current perfect weapons would have perfected or bought the 110 if the 111 was out.

(just how like a 112 carabella went for 5b while a 111 carabella has 0 offers at 500m.)

And who knows? We already witnessed a 111 attack stone tooth on the day that the changes were taking place, so maybe the % chance of getting a 111 attack stone tooth now is the same as getting a 110 stone tooth before.

Madi and Gangsta like this.
  6. ReconKatana

ReconKatana Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nefarious
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nakama
    I'm sure if people knew the existence of 111 att ST's in the past would NOT go and purchase a 110 attack ST. If you're gunning for a perfect clean weapon, and you had no idea a 111 att ST existed, then it is a totally valid reason to purchase a 110 ST under the assumption that it is the HIGHEST CLEAN attack of that particular weapon. About your thing on the rerolling, how many people have you seen buy a 109 att ST willingly? They're all buying 110 ST's until recently.

Gangsta likes this.
  7. omnom1337

omnom1337 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kaim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Here's my thought on the issue - Say that 111 attack STs had been available the whole time. Those people with 110 ATT STs would not have used all the money on WSs to perfect the ST when they knew that 111 could be obtained. Until now, 110 WAS perfect. Therefore, the people who went to perfect their weapons deserve a +1 ATT boost (if possible) because people would not have bothered WS-ing something that wasn't already perfect.

Common sense dictates that there is no point in using WS + 10%s to perfect a weapon that wasn't "perfect" in its clean state - If someone can afford all the WS to perfect a weapon, surely they can afford to shell out a little more for the weapon to be perfect when it's clean.

EDIT: Darn, ninja'd by like ten seconds ^

Gangsta likes this.
  8. Nostaigia

Nostaigia Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    eff it people are just going to flame me for my opinion

It wouldnt bother me much considering the price I got my ST for, but what I was saying is, are you telling me that all of the ST's that were scrolled would have been 111 attack clean? How many 110 clean ST's were on the server in the first place? Are you claiming all the 110 attack ST's that were perfected are equal to the amount of 111 ATT ST's that would be on the server?

9. Gangsta

Gangsta Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gangsta
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    Uhm no

kinny and Plenty like this.
  10. omnom1337

omnom1337 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kaim
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    The problem with this, though, is that (to my knowledge) there is no way to verify how many WS were used on each individual weapon. I could say that it took me 50 WS to perfect a weapon, when it really only took 40. If there's no way to verify that, then it wouldn't be fair to those who didn't have to buy as many WS due to their better luck.

11. Gangsta

Gangsta Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gangsta
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
  12. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    Nostaigia what you are saying is INCREDIBLY biased. Please look at this issue from the view point of the players who are in the middle or have already perfected a previously perfect clean weapon. Also you bought that stonetooth for the exact same price as a 110 atk. So theres no reason to complain.

ReconKatana and Gangsta like this.
  13. SnowyKitten

SnowyKitten Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kairiasha
    Nostalgia, all I see here is, "screw everyone as much as possible without people getting in too big of an uproar"

I don't think it necessarily makes sense to give them a free buff to the weapon attack, but rather have a cost. Maybe 1b. Maybe more, maybe less. No real idea what is reasonable, but to give it away free on the premise that "oh they probably wouldn't have done this if this....." is convoluted.

14. Nostaigia

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    All I was saying is that max clean weapons are generally extremely expensive (billions) due to their rarity. Im not sure that just taking every weapon that WAS perfect and just changing it to what is now perfect makes sense unless you can really say that there would be an equal amount of say 60 ATT sleeves as there would be 59 attack sleeves if the +5 godly system was working correctly before.

Does this make sense?

15. Gangsta

Gangsta Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gangsta
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lubs
    Not to mention doesn't have a perfected weapon to understand how long it takes (especially for people who don't make 5b in their first two weeks)

Graces and carcrash like this.
  16. Abamita

Abamita Active Member

IGN:
    Abamita
    If the administration were to do that, the prices would eventually find an equilibrium similar to what there would be with an unaltered market. It is not a perfect solution, but there isn't one in this situation. Is there a better idea?

17. Blasphemy

Blasphemy Donator

Well he does raise a valid point. Having the godly item system range up to 5+ means there's more possible outcomes. Therefore a 5+ weapon will be harder to obtain than 4+ weapon was prior to this change.

18. Nostaigia

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nostaigia
    Level:
    Holy christ I couldnt give two cares if my ST was worth 7b or 2b. All I care is that I have a 111 attack one.

Tell me if this does not make sense: If perfect max clean weapons are as rare as they are supposedly supposed to be, if there are 40 perfect weapons now and you decided to simply add 1 att to each one, you just added 40 now new perfect weapons to the game. If there would easily be that many max clean weapons by now if it was working correctly all along, then I see no problem with that. But if there would only be 15 perfect weapons, then I dont see how adding 1 attack to all 40 would be a correct solution OVER A DIFFERENT SOLUTION

Catlaunch likes this.
  19. workteam

workteam Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    No
    Level:
    Nostaigia is right.

People who have perfected items are obviously not going to agree with it, but his point is valid.

20. ReconKatana

ReconKatana Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nefarious
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nakama
    R u st0opid?

Look at the argument from our perspective. Why the hell would we pay for (for the sake of this argument) 110 ST when we KNOW there was a 111 ST available? If the godly system was implemented waaaay back when, it wouldn't be an issue. Now that you have a 111 ST collecting dust in your inventory, WE want the exact same stats. We were under the assumption that 110 att ST's were the highest rated clean you could buy at the time. Stop thinking that just because you have the best clean weapon, means you can control the market. You bought the 111 clean for 2.6b, that's the equivalent of a 110 ST clean a month back.

Graces, LamiaZealot, KevinJai and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.