Uhm... new godly items system?

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Marty, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodDoodoo

GoodDoodoo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    GoodDoodoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Improv
    i know, which is why i made smiley face. lol

2. House M.D.

House M.D. Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HouseMD
    Level:
    Guild:
    rekt
    That being the case, maybe the best thing to do would be to have current owners of 145 att ST obtain a 111 att clean one by usual means. Once they have one, they would give their old 145 att ST and the new 111 att clean one to a GM, who will then revert the 145 att back to clean 110att status and make the new 111 att one into 146 att.

3. SnowyKitten

SnowyKitten Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kairiasha
    The idea of "getting a new clean perfect item and trading it in" is absurd. Players waited for months to even have the chance to bid on perfect items when they happened to get gacha'd or crafted. This suggestion essentially says, hey everyone who had to wait (even given they have the meso) you get to wait again and hope that everyone else waiting now doesn't have more meso than you! It will also likely drive the cost of the first perfect items to extreme prices beyond what the old prices were.

Muren likes this.
  4. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    What about the people who searched for months to get a 110 Atk stonetooth, or the people who arent completely finished their weapons. You sre basically saying, sucks for them, they didnt finish their weapon in time so we arent going to compensate them.

ben259, Vivienneex and ReconKatana like this.
  5. House M.D.

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HouseMD
    Level:
    Guild:
    rekt
    Ok I suppose adding +1 att to every weapon in the game is another option. It's all up to Matt so everything else is really moot.

I'm a noob with no skin in this game and it doesn't affect me one way or the other. The best weapons I have are a 90att Maple Dark Mate dagger and a 8int 153 ma Elemental wand.

btw under the "trading with GM" scheme, people who were in the middle of perfecting their weapon could simply keep doing it until its +7 10%, then trade it in. So it wouldn't be "sucks for them".

6. cashlezz

cashlezz Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I thought that would be the best possible way as well. No hassle and everyone's happy

7. David

David Donator

IGN:
    Tainted
    Level:
    Guild:
    AllStars
    Wait why would anyone be "compensated"? No one lost anything. Your 90att Craven is still 90att. Y'all going to go back and add +1 to every item with a top-tier godly stat now?

I recall actually losing something, much more substantial than 1 weapon attack and getting dick-all in return.

EDIT:
    Not trying to derail the thread (hence an edit rather than a reply), but I don't know how bringing up precedent from similar incidents is "not even remotely relevant"?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  8. House M.D.

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HouseMD
    Level:
    Guild:
    rekt
    What did you lose, and how come they didn't compensate you?

9. Michael

Michael Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    17step
    Guild:
    Heroes
    Before this gets out of hand (since a player already responded as I typed this message): that topic is not the focus of this thread, nor is it even remotely relevant to this topic; if any of you want to discuss it, I suggest you take it to Private Messages, thanks.

I'm going to add my input as a player with a perfected, formerly "perfect clean" item:

I spent a lot of money on my 110atk Stonetooth Sword. I had it in my inventory for about two months before I did anything with it. I used my mesos that I earned on my own to purchase that item, and I would not have purchased it in the first place if it was not what was, at the time, perfect clean. I know that I'm not alone in this category: I won't name peoples' IGNs here, but I can count at least three other players off the top of my head who purchased similar items with the intent of one day perfecting them solely because they were perfect clean items.

I'll also give merit to what @maggles said a few pages back; it's only gotten easier over time to perfect a weapon; when I perfected my original weapon, a 105 attack Sparta, it took me nearly six months to do it, and that was with +4 in 30%scrolls before even starting to use White Scrolls. When I perfected my Stonetooth Sword, it took about a month and a half. Why? Because there are far more White Scrolls in the market than there ever have been before. Furthermore, when I bought my Stonetooth, it was nearly unique; I believe it was the third or fourth one ever Gached. Now there are at least double that number (potentially more that I haven't heard about, since the server's a large place). So yes, there's no guarantee as many 111s would have existed on the server as there are current 110s, but you can be damn sure there wouldn't be nearly as many 110s that were perfected, either; we would have simply put the same money towards buying the 111s that would eventually have shown up as well, for most likely a similar price, since the 111atk that was gached was sold for exactly the same price I bought mine for. You can apply this logic to any other job's weapon you'd like; Sleeves, Concertos, Revolvers, King Cents, Shiner Bows, the list goes on.

I'll leave your extrapolations of my opinions based upon those facts up to yourselves.

Officially, as I've stated before, we're actively looking into a solution that is as fair as possible to as many players as possible. Please be patient, and keep suggesting your possible solutions as well; we've been reading this thread and weighing all the options we have.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Senpai Shrek, Gangsta and Plenty like this.
  10. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    Why not let anyone "buy" an extra weapon attack for their weapon for.. lets say 1b, That would make the people with perfect weapons very likely to do it, and someone like me with a crappy weapon wouldn't bother.

You make a new sub-forum in support, with item stats and your ign anything you need.

1b is not a lot of mesos and some sacrifice should be needed, this would only help the players with good weapons so it's not unfair, also you get less work and less pissed players since if you don't wanna pay then don't.

Great money sink too as an extra bonus, ~f14

11. Michael

Michael Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    17step
    Guild:
    Heroes
    @David The reason this thread exists is because there was a change made to a game mechanic that arguably devalued a broad scope of items indiscriminately, all at once. If I'm correct, the situation you're talking about wasn't due to a change in the way the game works (and the post I deleted was about that same situation). If I'm mistaken, please PM me about it.

maggles and Tentomon like this.
  12. Chokladkakan

Chokladkakan Web Developer

None of the solutions presented thus far are optimal. This is not a coincidence: there can't be an optimal solution if we wish to permit the godly system the plus five option (in particular because there can't exist an isomorphism; the sets are of different orders!). For the purposes of this discussion I define optimal to mean a solution which:
    1. Preserves the rarities of (relative) item statistics,
    2. Preserves the mean of item statistics and,
    3. (Almost) preserves probability densities (e.g. finding an item above non-godly status is as likely as before).
    My choice of criteria is based on what I considered reasonable: all of the above seem like important qualities to me. You are free to disagree.

Let us consider the two feasible potential solutions I've managed to parse from the tirade that is this thread. The figures presented are based on the same assumptions as Tentomon use which are, to the best of my knowledge, accurate.

Keeping the godly system as-is and increasing the (magic) attack of previously perfect items by one

This, as has been noted, is problematic because in the new system, perfect statistics are 5/6 as likely as they were previously. That is to say, had we had the new system all along, there would be 5/6 as many items with perfect statistics.

However, since there are (presumably) reasonably few perfect (magic) attack items on the server, 1/6 = 16.7% surplus of perfect statistic items isn't all that large. All the same, criterion one is blatantly unsatisfied.

Criterion two is almost satisfied. The ratio between the means in the this system and the previous one is close to 1 for statistics with small intervals (say, below 20 distinct values for a given statistic). In particular, the ratio is closer to 1 for these values than it is for the next potential solution. (Note, for the mathematically inclined, that as the number of possible values for the statistic, this ratio converges to roughly 0.983.)

The third criterion fails quite badly; finding items with a better than non-godly statistic is 125% as likely with this new system as it was in the old one (for statistics with more than five distinct options, excluding godly ones; the mathematical model works out slightly differently for smaller values).

On the other hand, it fails this criterion less badly than the following proposition.

Removing the option for plus one in the godly system and increasing the (magic) attack of previously perfect items by one

This, quite by design, satisfies criterion one quite nicely. Kind of. The probabilities for the four greatest statistics are preserved. Having said that, since we are dealing with probability distributions, this preservation must affect something else, since there is one more option in the new distribution. In particular, the five worst outcomes of a given statistic are less probable now than they were.

This, naturally, leads to criterion two, which isn't satisfied: since there is now one more good statistic and the worst ones have all decreased in probability, the average has shifted upwards. As noted before, the ratios of the averages are farther from 1 with this system than they are for the other one. (Again, for the mathematically curious: for very large amounts of possible values for a statistic, this solution is better; it converges to 1, however it does so very slowly.)

Finally the third criterion. As remarked earlier, this method is worse than the previous one. Indeed, the probability of finding an item with a better than non-godly statistic is now 150% of what it previously were (also for statistics with more than give non-godly options, as before).

In all, let us draw some sort of conclusion: the first potential solution (which involves incrementing the (magic) attack of previously perfect items and then keeping the godly system as it currently is) has the disadvantage of not preserving the rarity of perfect items. However, it does a better job with godly statistics overall (as in not just perfect ones) and it also stays closer to the old average statistic.

The second solution does manage to preserve the individual probabilities of the four most rare godly outcomes perfectly, but it does so at the cost of both worse adherence to the probability of getting any godly statistic and to the old average statistic.

Deciding which of these trade offs are better is a judgement everyone has to make on their own.

(A note on the mathematics: the probabilities involved are reasonably easy to compute; just imagine the probability trees (or better yet, get a piece of paper and draw it). In particular, the probability distribution of getting a statistics between, for example, 1 and 8 in the old system (that is, an item with a range of 1 through 4 without the godly bonus) is

(p(1), p(2), p(3), p(4), p(5), p(6), p(7), p(8)) = (ρ + π, ρ + 2 π, ρ + 3 π, ρ + 4 π, 4 π, 3 π, 2 π, π),​

where ρ = 9/10 * 1/4, the probability of getting a given value without the godly bonus, and π = 1/10 * 1/5 * 1/4, the probability of reaching the end of a godly branch in the probability tree. The probabilities of greater ranges or for the other systems are similar; we increment up to 5 π in both, we keep the same rising-then-falling scheme in the number of π's, and in the second final system proposed we start with 0 π rather than 1 π.)

13. Marty

Marty Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Linyah
    Level:
    I leave half a day and I come back to this... Lol.

Honestly, both sides have their valid arguments and this probably makes this very hard for staff.

People perfect items because they want their item to be finished forever. They spend billions on it so that they know that the items are as good as they can get, and that they will never have to worry about upgrading it again. And now, room for improvement is available again and we spent billions on an item that's no longer what it used to be.

I myself think there's nothing better than knowing that, no matter what, my perfect item will never require an upgrade, meaning you can focus on something new. I still might have a 90 att craven, but I no longer have an item that will never require an upgrade, which was my intention when I made it (just like others with perfect items).

When you look at, for example, a 75att craven as @David stated, there's one difference. That item wasn't scrolled with the intention that I mentioned above, it's scrolled in an attempt to get a better weapon. It would've been scrolled the same way, with or without the existence of 56 att cravens, whereas I would never have perfected a 55 Craven with this knowledge.

Sila, Gangsta and maggles like this.
  14. Goofy

Goofy Donator

IGN:
    Goofy
    Guild:
    Queens
    Sami you got your perfect weapon for free. Shut up. ~f13

88 attack slash claws hype

15. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    Chok, is there any way you can change the distribution of the bonuses to get an optimum?

Particularly important is that the probability of a perfect weapon remains the same as before.

16. mettzi

mettzi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    QueenBee
    Level:
    15x
    Guild:
    XIII
    Sorry for the off topic post, but if hiddenstreet isn't 100% accurate on stats, how are you guys able to find out the real average of the item? I guess you could npc the item and then in the buyback menu it'll show the avg stats, but there has to be an easier way.

17. Goofy

Goofy Donator

IGN:
    Goofy
    Guild:
    Queens
    RIP royals

maggles likes this.
  18. maggles

maggles Donator

Guild:
    synergy
    I think the hidden street is actually accurate on averages but not ranges, so the max attack is now +10 to the average of items listed on hidden street.

19. HoloDrake

HoloDrake Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HoloDrake
    Level:
    15X
    Guild:
    Balance
    In my opinion, the proper solution would be to do nothing. Nobody's entitled to anything. This doesn't ruin the game in any major way, and people should just learn how to deal with it. 1-2 att doesn't make weapons that were once "perfect" less useful. Just be happy that you have a well scrolled weapon.

cashlezz likes this.
  20. Vivienneex

Vivienneex Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Cherish
    Guild:
    Potatoes
    I'd joined this server because I hated the constant updates that the official server had. There was this sense of 'normality' and guarantee that the server was not going to expand, change, or have any sort of 'potential weapons' that would eradicate the hard work all the players have put into the game with just one update.

Why does this feel the same? :'(

Sincerely hope that a satisfactory answer would be given by the GMs soon.

SuperYulin, Lightz, Gangsta and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.