Update on Soul Arrow

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Saledor, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunMoon

SunMoon Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    So if I am deciphering this correctly, we have got a working solution for hurricane but because of some meme ability to jump around firing 2-3 100% damage arrows it got scraped...
    Can we open up a MapleRoyalsBeta public test server so I can have alot of fun do further testing on that

Aradia Megido likes this.
  2. kyoko3102

kyoko3102 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    change the topic to "make hurricane jumpable" , its getting off and off topics ~

but if u ask me, hurricane is like a stationary machine gun and should stay that way

Gert, Nerd and tazan like this.
  3. Inugami

Inugami Developer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    lnugami
    Level:
    Guild:
    Wish
    Nothing to contribute on this thread but I'm pretty sure they do actually shoot normal arrow if you have Soul Arrow off, or I think that's for Strafe or something?

4. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    if u have soul arrow off all skills use arrows

5. FeiLongHuang

FeiLongHuang Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    Depends on how the skill coding works, could be a nightmare to change, but putting this out there for future reference when it's viable:
    - All arrow based attacks does not require arrow usage, damage based on original base calculations.
    - Soul arrow skill for consuming arrows with WA bonus.

Key points covered:
    [1] No ammunition playstyle maintained, and players that skip Soul Arrow skill can invest SP elsewhere
    [2] Players willing to put small extra effort on their archer class benefits from the additional damage buff with arrows

For you lore junkies out there ~f17:
    Archers in Maple world has always been self sufficient with making their own arrows. However, various skilled craftsmen of Maple world able to craft higher quality arrows that improve the lethality of archer's skill. To effectively utilize these arrows, Athena teaches fellow archer disciples the Soul Arrow skill to magically absorbed a certain amount of these arrows. Thereby temporarily allow the skill user to dish out magical arrows that has the identical properties of the consumed arrows*. Master of this skill is said to be able to sustain the skill much longer with the same amount of arrows absorbed.
    *Imagine a version of EMIYA archer from Fate/Stay Night

Fixlim, Dasha and Jooon like this.
  6. Aradia Megido

Aradia Megido Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    VeliZer0
    Level:
    Making hurricane jumpable does solve more than all the above "Archer buffs" that were implemented in this patch, but that was not my point, my request specifically asks for Hurricane not being interrupted whist in midair, never did I ask to make it jumpable, not to disrespect Staff work and I understand they will leave Hurricane unchanged, alright, now the real concern is them being unable to solve the issue without altering the functionality of the skill. This is really bad because... it doesn't give much hope for us, I assume isn't as simple as "disable Hurricane jump button", "enable Hurricane shoot arrow whilst in the air"
    I honestly don't care about abusing arrow jumping hurricane that is not my point lol I just want the skill not get interrupted every time I get hit, maybe idk if you disable jump button for Hurricane stupid idea I assume this is some really dev team work and it's harder than looks but I appreciate the footage to shown by Matt himself so it's indeed possible nonetheless.

Even if you choose not to invest SP on Soul Arrow at all, there isn't any skill worth wasting SP besides Final Attack, and Final Attack becomes useless starting 3rd Job. All you have left are 1st job skills, a Lv20 +avoid skill that can be replaced with an Archer elixir, lasts more and can't get dispelled. Then again I was able to MAX Focus on 3rd Job iirc because 3rd job has many skills such as Inferno and Silver Hawk that gets obsolete quickly when your DPS is good enough to nuke monsters before they can attack you. Speaking of Silver Hawk and Inferno, why Phoenix doesn't deal burnt-based lingering fire damage after the initial hit but Inferno does even at Lv1? I think this is another minor issue you overlooked, Phoenix is a 4th job skill and as a elemental skill it's supposed to at least retain the ability to burn mobs for lingering damage Inferno had back in 3rd job but it doesn't even do that.

While we're at it, there's a "bug", that allows archer to attack and jump at the same time, however the projectile shot doesn't consider the gained height from jumping unlike thief when jump the throwing star considers the height and momentum of the jump, instead the arrow simply shoots normally as if you were standing in the ground, it doesn't even increase the flexibility of the arrow as it will miss its target if too high or too low, the only realistic benefit of attack jumping is being able to AR jump to increase mob control and improve mobility on life-death scenarios such as an unwashed Ranger trying to hunt unpinned BF, and also because it's hard to pull off and you look flash when you do it pretty consistently.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  7. Kayu

Kayu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PJBass
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
    Yo,

I felt kinda worried when I first saw the patchnote. Then I tried that new Soul Arrow skill, as a BM main. How pain it was to play ...
    I mean, I tried all the classes, and BM was definitely a class made for me : Infinite arrows, chilling as Hurricane works like a machinegun, and really fun to play with. Now, it's less "chilly" to play, cuz I always have to count how much arrows left I have, wondering if I'm gonna have enough for bossing, plus since this skills consumes arrows, it leaves less space for potions.

I got lazy to make new chars, I sweared to myself my BM was going to be my last char. And he will be. Imo, the old way Soul Arrows worked was fine : Infinite arrows without consuming any items, without getting WA buff. It's just easy, and works well. I'm going to follow this topic though, watching what you guys will do for BM. If nothing changes or if it does but in a wrong way, I think i'll just quit. :/

Although, I appreciate the fact that our staff is doing well overall, always attempting new things, with fun events and stuff. So, thanks for that. :) This is just my feedback. I mean, I thank you when you're doing good, but for now, I just express my dissatisfaction, unfortunately. I'm so sorry. :(

Vano, Fixlim, Saledor and 1 other person like this.
  8. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    Idk how you got that lore from but hidden street says soul arrow temporarily allows.. screw it here read it.

Screenshot_20210808-011606_Chrome.jpg

9. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms

Yeap I understand how you feel. many of my fellow bm mains have also left the server since yesterday.

I will probably do the same if they dont accomodate chill playstyle of this game

I hope NLs crying over how bm is op now enjoy finding an se when all bms quit.
    But i doubt they will have anything to worry about, afterall when they find one, that bm has a +6wa boost

Fixlim and Aradia Megido like this.
  10. shanglelxd

shanglelxd Donator

Country Flag:

10*

11. FeiLongHuang

FeiLongHuang Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    Imagination do wonders when one reads a lot of fantasy stuffs ~f11

Edit: It's just made up lore in case staffs go down this route of implementation

12. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    6* since apparently every bm used to hold red/diamond arrows from the beginning, they alr had +4wa boost

13. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    well i think hidden street would be more credible since almost everyone who started maplestory in any server started out reading info from that website

Additionally, I do not think its appropriate to post made up lore on a discussion debating on whether or not an update should be changed considering how many players are actually quitting because of it.

14. KittehIshMad

KittehIshMad Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kitteh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    The utmost important issue here is the already scarce archer players are planning to leave. I don't think that would do good to anyone nor the server.

Aradia Megido and Saledor like this.
  15. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    And they left with reason. This soul arrow update is.. for the lack of a better word, a complete joke. Goes against the idealogy of Soul Arrow and the nostalgia it brought with it to begin with

Evan and Aradia Megido like this.
  16. Kayu

Kayu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PJBass
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
    Yes, BM is the best class to have fun with imo. I don't reach that fun when I play my Hero or my IL mage for exemple.

Sadly, yep, I don't want to play BM anymore for now, almost planned to quit. :( Please, staff, do something, make BM great again ! :p

Fixlim likes this.
  17. Diphenhydramine

Diphenhydramine Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ssIGNss
    Level:
    Guild:
    Revolution
    Where you get your data from?

18. MoriForest

MoriForest Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Imagine quitting because you have to hold two row of arrows. What a complete joke. Makes me want to download Royals again just to delete my BM to disassociate myself with you quitters.

eVolve, Jen123, Tail and 33 others like this.
  19. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    do it coward

christie97, Gert, Archer and 10 others like this.
  20. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    I already became a paladin, while I wait for this to be clarified

:3

Thread Status: