Notice Updates & Changes 18/08/14

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Matt, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sila

Sila Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Silachan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    This is honestly a big thing. I've had many friends who have disappeared for a few weeks come back, and I drop everything I'm doing to go and say Hi to them. Most of the time they're in the FM and it's much easier to just hit Trade and go see them, rather than go back to town and then go back to whatever I was doing afterwards.

It's easier to make quick trades with people, easier to quickly update your shop/check on it.
    Am I the only person who carries a stack of 100 town scrolls and goes through the stack almost within a couple days? o_o Town scrolls are so helpful for so many things. Especially when you're a nut like me and you do quests and end up going all over Maple's various maps- or you get lost a hundred times. Or you wind up somewhere you can't survive yet (such as too far down the clock tower in Ludi...or getting lost in Sleepywood..) Though I know i'm probably a minority in that situation. Town scrolls still have a lot of purpose imo even with an instant warp to FM.

As for other thoughts on the subject... John said a lot of what I was going to say, but also:
    Some things in here are vastly different than GMS. Some better, some just 'neutral'.
    For one example:
    In GMS, Wedding invites used to warp you to Amoria when used- allowing you to attend someone's wedding.
    In here, you have to actually get to Amoria- however on the other side, wedding invites are reusable so that's a fair trade off.
    Smegas drop from mobs, making it much easier to buy/sell and find what you're looking for without needing to spend money on conveying a message.

Thus the FM becomes more of a social place- just look at the various guilds choosing to hang out in different FM rooms together.
    My guild often meets up in one of the FM rooms to play games, and we also gather just to hang out.

There's really not that drastic of an affect on gameplay by being able to haste/HS/MW yourself from the FM. I've given my new alts haste through FM so that I could get to places faster. I've HS'd myself at bigfoot/whatever a few times- but most of the places where HS is most beneficial you still need a bishop with you anyway. (Zakum, pap, etc). It's a small increase- a couple times every 24 hours (or however long the boss respawn timers are)- it really isn't that drastic.

I agree that people shouldn't have been able to smuggle tickets into PQ's to begin with. The only one I saw understandable was LMPQ- because that one tends to be the most glitchy, kicking you out of the PQ at absolutely random times. The few times I did LMPQ, I was only able to succeed maybe 2 or 3 runs out of 15- so I 'understood' it there even if I didn't actually do it myself. Removing ~storage was one way to do it- and probably the easiest way to do it.

Storage in FM was/is vital for a lot of reasons- and it's not too farfetched to have it included because it was part of GMS too. as Kat said on my suggestion thread (http://royals.ms/forum/showthread.php?t=12971 )m, Scrooge used to be part of the FM- I think it was v75 or so?

I had been thinking up a reply to your point of view all day...but I kept getting distracted and now it's 6 a.m, and my mind is blank. :/ I had thought up more comparisons but now they're lost somewhere in my mind. if I remember them I'll post again.

Tl;dr: John summed it up perfectly, but I have other reasons aside from simply the social aspects too- it really aids in gameplay and makes it a lot better.

2. Manslut

Manslut Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ManSIut
    Level:
    nib
    Guild:
    MANLOVE
    To sum up a few questions from Matt and my viewpoints on the matter, I understand the removal of the ~storage command that was accessible from (pretty much) anywhere in Maple World, but not complementing this with a Storage NPC in the FM (which should be there anyway) is a step in the wrong direction. To me, it's a no-brainer to have an easy accessible storage, that can't be abused by smuggling stuff in PQ's/Bossruns.

And feedback on lag, it still happens, for about a minute every hour around xx:30~ish, which seems like heavy load due to backups, but still disconnects most of the people unless you're not doing anything (and even then you might disconnect). So the lag spikes remain, and will cause disconnects, but it's better than before.

3. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    When did this last happen? I was on from about XX:25 to XX:40 and didn't experience any lag =/

It happened a couple of days ago before this server check due to Java garbage collection occurring every hour, but it should have been resolved.

4. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

Probably a bit late now, but I think my preference on the ~storage and Trade button issues would have been to make sure that neither of these could be used in any of the following maps:
    • PQ Maps of any description, including the entrance/lobby/exit maps of the PQ. This should also apply to Amoria PQ, GPQ, HTPQ, ZPQ and any 4th job skill PQ maps.
    • Event maps.
    • Jump Quest maps.
    • Major boss maps
    • Maps where you are being tested, such as the 2nd job advance map and the clone fight maps for 3rd job advance, plus some of the 4th job skill quest maps.

SAKI, Dizz and Sila like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.