Max Damage Cap can't be changed

Discussion in 'Closed' started by GunzGaming, Sep 30, 2020.

?

Should Damage Cap Be Increased?

1. No.

36.6%
  2. YES. Increase it

64.8%
  3. Other - Explain below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    I tried to find a past discussion or conversation about the max damage cap but there isn't much. The only thing I could find is in the Archer thread discussing to raise cap for MM snipe to balance MM dps.

I've mained paladin since 2003 on GMS and played royals for a while now. To see where paladin is now is pretty amazing!
    But I think for balance purposes that cap should be raised to 225-250k? I'm not sure if it's possible, but I feel like we should discuss this openly. There's a lot of Paladins being made, and still NO MMs. On holy weak mobs that would make Paladin=NL/Sair in theory and have paladin even a bigger contender in most bossing content, rather than just a novelty. And hopefully, balance MM to be relevant in this game.
    Let's hear it, am I asking for too much or should/could it be done?

Damage cap can't be changed
    SIKE. I WAS LIED TO!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    Hwaiting and Baconfry like this.
  2. Bator

Bator Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    ~f1At the same time,bucc will be god.

3. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    I think that will BARELY help bucc DPS. That final hit is not very often.

LichWiz likes this.
  4. Haplopelma

Haplopelma Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    Nope. Paladins are not supposed to be godly dps. It is a supporting class that enables other classes to shine. The class offers a balance of magical and physical damage. To call paladins a novelty in today's bossing is laughable. They are one of the most desired classes (COUGH COUGH fix crash mules) and are extremely useful in end game content such as HT, Auf, Toad, BGA. The class is extremely versatile and I do not see how we can justify having so much versatility and the dps of a sair that brings litterally nothing to the table except damage. Furthermore, the fact that blast is a single line super high dps makes knockbacking bosses that otherwise other classes cannot a must have in some scenarios. I think Royals has definitely a problem with class approach where people think dps > all. It is a shame seeing so little MM in the game, the class offers insane utility if played correctly. Unfortunately, the class has been reduced to a dps contest at krex to see if bm>mm. Shoutout to @Albuttt for showing me and many people how a proper mm can be utilized at HT (Piercing arrow and other spells for clearing or mob control). Also, snipe piercing weapon cancel was awesome (revert pls), it makes sense, a snipe is a well placed shot, it should find the weakness in the armor!!)

TLDR: Pally fine, MM misunderstood because of stupid dps battles at krex

icedem0n, Marks20 and Kung like this.
  5. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I can't remember the particular thread or comment, but I could have swore Matt or maybe another admin/dev stating the damage cap was restricted by the client and would be impossible to change without a custom client, though I could be misremembering.

Paladins are far from a novelty, and not only bring great single target DPS, but also the beloved Total Crash. I'd say they are in a fine spot right now.

Marksman are hurting pretty bad, but I'm not sure that raising the damage cap globally or just for Snipe is the answer, as the bigger issue seems to be their lack of scaling to endgame due to their main 4th job skill doing static damage on a fixed cooldown.

6. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    @Haplopelma lol I love you. Was worth a shot

@UrbanJuggernaut I think you're right and I can't remember where I read that from matt.

So pretty much RIP MM. I think they are kinda bad, even if the krex right eye race is dumb.

7. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    The topic of raising the damage cap is actually an idea that keeps coming back for years on this forum now. It has been a point of discussion on the palladin feedback thread before they got buffed.
    From what i've seen so far, after pallies got their buff, and all the bosses in the game gained new weaknesses, they lost their status of a meme warrior class.
    They have the power to freeze mobs, a crazy hard hitting single target, the ability to remove weapon cancel, and they still hit pretty hard when compared to the other warrior countparts. I don't think a buff to end game pallies is really a needed buff for a class that recently found their niche

8. OldOwl

OldOwl Donator

I have played GMS since launch and Royals 6 months past launch. As far as I remember GMS came in 2005 not 2003.
    Anyways, currently paladins are very strong, of course with a godly gear as other warrior are.
    Not sure lifting the damage cap will make them stand out as other classes will benefit from it the same way more or less.

9. nyannko777

nyannko777 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nyanpasu77
    Level:
    Guild:
    KumaFarm
    Piercing Arrow can hit over 200k but how come they cant change the damage cap on other skills

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    furoshiki, Guden and Jooon like this.
  10. Haplopelma

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    fake news :D

11. Haplopelma

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    lmfao vote was in favor of removing cap now its flipping. Whoooops

12. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    damage cap cant change. just confirmed it. guess we can all go shut up now gg lol

13. nyannko777

nyannko777 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nyanpasu77
    Level:
    Guild:
    KumaFarm
    no you

Jooon, furoshiki and Guden like this.
  14. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    nyannko777 likes this.
  15. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    This is really interesting!, but with that being said, i would like to ask u a few questions(actually open to change my mindset, but i would need to resolve this to do so)

Im one of the very few ppl that actually would like to see a dmg cap increase. Mainly for pallys. Here my reasons

B4 october of last year i saw pallys were a good job in royals, but ill maintain what i said that day at ror5(despite i was underestimating pallys a bit back then) good, but just that, utility was barely compensated by the dificulty of learn how to use ur pally(wich i know can be easy for some ppl, but that dificultity exists and has to be taken in consideration)

But then the adition of neo tokyo, later the adition of shogun earrings to bga and the option to skip toad jq now(thank u for this btw devs) gave pally a real spot to shine as an absolutely amazing job, arguably the best warrior , now that those things are "worth doing"(again if u dont want to change jobs devs add content to benefit the underestimated ones, thats even better)
    Why would i like to see an increase then? Bcs as far as i see theres no reason to get a pally till "god tier" here. i mean, the increase of dmg will not change anything for the 90% of pallys on server(i know, number pulled out of my ass, but u get me) theres severall ways to "main" a char, but one of them is to try reach the sky, what are the motivations for a pally after they have funds enough to reach cap on regular basis?, Pallys are now an absolutely incredible job witouth any changes, i just think of myself here maybe, if i see that i reach my limit at some point, idk, that would be a huge unincentive for me.And its not about be top dps job, its about compared to myself, make my own dmg become higher and higher( But yes theres ppl who underestimate pallys, and also shads and mms bcs of that krex thread, but thats not the only reason)

Also, i would love to hear an explanation about how an mm should be played to shine, or where they do over bms. Its not all about numbers, pallys for example have the kb effect and also when mobbing burn or freeze the mobs is incredible useful! i actually havent seen anything really especial on mms, yes the can clear mobs more easily, but athts an ability that other jobs that u will probably have in all raids(bish) have and even better.Once ive runned with a really high geared mms in server(probably the stronger one, unlisted on range trhead) and the only thing i thinked all the run was "oh boy, i wish this guy were an bm",i even withed him. So again, i would love to know, he was just geared and he doesnt know how to properly use his MM.
    Thank u in advance

Jesseh likes this.
  16. Haplopelma

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Passionfruit
    Level:
    @Relmy
    I definitely understand your point about "reaching new tiers of damage" but the problem is pallies can hit way higher than 200k. This means that you would be overbuffing them way too much. Furthermore, theres an aspect that is extremely satisfying when you hit 200k. Sure you can put the cap at 250k and you will still get the satisfaction but I do believe it would make the class overpowered. Also, as a pretty strong dk yourself, im sure you feel extremely satisfied when you crit 6 digits (or whatever number you are at right now), now imagine that feeling everytime we hit 200k, I still get it even though I hit it quite often. For a new player, with high level, some minimal gear investment, it is possible to hit 200k and your first 200k you never forget it. You raise the cap and theres no more reason to make the other warriors. If we can hit 200k non crit, imagine how high our crits above that would be. I personally think the class is already too strong compared to the other warriors.

As for MM, definitely using piercing arrow the proper way is very skill dependant as you need to learn animations but the difference in skill comes from maximising your dps and skill usage since you have strafe and snipe. In between these frames, you can resummon, cast the puppet and do many things. Compare that to hurricane, if you stop you lose dps. So BM promotes a quasi-stationnary gameplay while MM encourages active gameplay which reminds me very much of paladins.

Let me give you an example for pally: When we are hitting Head A on HT, when the wing goes up, if we keep blasting, we would be blasting the wing, which is a different element therefore losing dps. To maximise my dps, every time wing goes up I have to use ACB. MM is similar, you adapt to the circumstance and it makes it engaging, and that requires skill. Seeing MM use the perfect skill in between the frames of their attack makes for great gameplay.

Cheers,

Relmy and Kung like this.
  17. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    Hitting over 200k with my blizzard? Hell yeah that would be nice boi :o

18. GunzGaming

GunzGaming Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JohnSilver
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Great debate guys but it's pointless.

@Relmy yea, I wanted a higher damage cap so I can be even better, which is always a dope thing. To have games buff your class, even if it's balanced or not, is awesome but selfish lol. The true reason why is that, if Paladin is supposed to be the top single DPS warrior, once you fund DK/hero enough, like an absurdly godly amount, it becomes better than paladin single target. for example, Tirn on the HT record party, mans hitting 200-250k x 3 while I'm capped at 200k or ACB which sucks. so this argument is regarded for the super funded and not the average player.

once I finish 200 on the paladin, moving to shadower. it's the new meta. so diverse, high range mobbing, no needed party skills. the greatest class IMO.

cya around fellas!

Relmy likes this.
  19. Dabsta

Dabsta Well-Known Member

It can be changed with a custom client (maybe someday?) don't give up so easily