Class/Skill Enrage Skill Modification Suggestion

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Herres, Jan 11, 2021.

?

What do you think about this suggestions?

1. For

54 vote(s)
    94.7%
  2. Against

3 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Herres

Herres Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Herres
    Level:
    Hello,
    In light of recent discussions in the Decline of Heroes thread I decided to put forward a suggestion for a modification for the Hero's skill Enrage.
    This skill in its current state is not so popular since at max level it gives a boost of +26att for 4min with a cooldown of 6min, basically a nerfed version of energizer.
    and
    Because of that, and the fact that Heroes do not own a skill which is party beneficial I suggest changing the skill as follows:
    1) Boost STR instead of ATT, such that on max level it would give +30 STR boost (+1 STR for every level).
    2) Make it a party skill.

These two changes would make Enrage a way more attractive skill to get and would give Heroes the ability to contribute in parties.
    Moreover this modification is quite balanced and would not give Heroes an overwhelming advantage for the following reasons:
    1) 30STR for Warriors and Buccaneers are equivalent to about +5ATT boost, which is a decent boost.
    2) 30STR for the rest of the classes are equivalent to about ~1.5ATT, a very small boost.
    3) This skill works for only 4min with a cooldown of 6min, basically meaning that the expected value of the ATT boost is about 0.4*5 = 2ATT for warriors and Buccaneers and ~0.6ATT for the rest of the classes.
    4) This skill is obtained through quest and not given automatically upon job advancement. Moreover, in order to activate this skill one needs to level Advanced Combo Attack to at least level 25 first and only then one can start adding SP to this skill. Moreover in order to activate this skill a charge of 10 orbs is needed, which means that the owner of the skill actually has to attack, so making a mule for this skill is not as simple and trivial as other classes' skills.
    5) Casting this skill constumes a charge of 10 orbs, which means that it would decrease the caster's DPS temporarily as the orbs need to be recharged again.

In conculsion:
    1) This modification would give heroes a way to contribute in parties, and would be beneficial mostly for other melee classes.
    2) It would make Enrage more popular and would give Heroes an incentive to actually obtain this skill.
    3) It doesn't dramatically affect current game's state as it doesn't add a dramatic amount of attack and works for a period of time with a cooldown.
    4) Making a Hero mule for this skill is not easy and trivial.
    5) It would make Enrage a quite unique skill as it boosts stats and not attack.

This concludes my suggestion :)

raywuu12, ItzLeo, mutism and 6 others like this.
  2. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    From all the suggestions mentioned for enrage, this one is very interesting. When i first started reading i thought "30 str? Instant mule for equipping bows and shad gear" but because its a CD based skill, that won't be a reliable way to equip stuff and skip the requirements.
    And because its not purely att buff, this skill has a specific niche of making hero a great class for melee focused parties, similar to SI. Due to how washing became so prominent in royals, and how muling became an unavoidable fact of life, the role of melee tanks could now be filled by heavily washed bishes and range characters as well. Melee classes had an identity crisis for a long time now, and onlt after the bucc, pally and shad buffs did we see an increase of melee centric parties.
    If hero will get a buff that targets this melee centric alternative meta, it could actually help taking a step to solidifying it as the true alternative to NLstory, and heros will actually have a place in there as well.

nut, Dasha and Herres like this.
  3. Herres

Herres Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Herres
    Level:
    Your arguments were spot-on! Thank you for your reply ^^

I did forget to talk about the gear argument.
    I'd like to add that this skill is dispelable so relying on that skill for equipping your gear when facing a boss that can dispel is not a good idea.
    Moreover, Combo Attack on its own is dispelable and has a time limit (so you can't keep your charge of 10 orbs forever) so it's quite hard to accurately time between casts to have the +30STR buff constantly even with multiple mules.

4. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Hmmm where did you get this idea ~f3
    https://royals.ms/forum/threads/general-warrior-feedback-useless-skills.160831/

Anyway instead of the cooldown I think keeping chars in the alert/hit status is better because it keeps you from equipping/unequipping anything to prevent mule abuse abuse, and enrage is a late skill, so most heros won't get it or use it early and requires max aca

So the hit/alert buff prevents you buffing mules
    And a hero mule would have to be level 140 to even use max enrage because max ACA. Changing enrage to need max ACA would be a good idea too to prevent this as well, cause what hero doesn't max ACA immediately anyway, and the mule would have to have accuracy and rack up 10 orbs as well. Changing some boss spawns to be 145/150 and to have higher avoid would help too

This buff only affects warriors, buccs, and kinda helps archers, sairs, and Shads, but keeps the skill from being totally redundant

I also suggested max enrage (along with boosting str like 30/40), increase defenses lowers accuracy, and have a small stun resistance (like 20-33% chance to ignore stun during enrage), or chance to be able to still attack in stun but still not move around in stun like normal, under enrage. In this case the cooldown might be fair, but at any rate, 10 billion times more helpful than enrage as it sits currently, and this way it has some use for non melee classes. A hero has zero incentive to invest in it unless you're an ironman and that's a terrible argument to keep it as is.

I also suggested rage for fighters have a similar change as well, would still help normal chars but not mules

Some skills are plain bad, and some are redundant because the meta, which can only change through gameplay mechanics being altered or improved. A skill with virtually zero return on investment like enrage, ninja ambush, big bang, ice/fire demon, shield mastery for bandits, dragons blood, polearm crusher, spear fury, have no reason to remain useless, they could all be improved to refresh their respective classes, even if they don't become meta, they shouldn't be sp dumps

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  5. MsMocha

MsMocha Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    AlwaysLatte
    Why not just change this bad beta test of a skill to the Enrage we had and loved in GMS?

https://global.hidden-street.net/character/skill/enrage-0

Changes Brandish to hit 1 target, and gives it +15% damage.

If you look through the updates it was actually +60% for most of it's life. I can 100% confirm that by V.96 (Aftershock), Heroes had +60% enrage. I'm not sure when/where this +15% was used, but it fits well with the requested fixes for Hero.

I think your proposed +Str party buff is better as a Rage replacement.

6. Herres

Herres Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Herres
    Level:
    I actually wasn't aware of your suggestion, great minds think alike? :)
    I would argue that +30str boost is quite enough, maybe a small increase in defense but no more than that. Also implementation (coding) wise it would be simpler.

If I'm not mistaken the Enrage you're refering to is post-BB, and boosting damage percentage-wise is too OP (This eventually led to current day GMS where every class deals trillion billion dmg).

Changing Brandish to hit 1 monster would just make Heroes an element-less version of Paladins.

About rage, this skill in my opinion is very useful and is used even at late levels when grinding (saves att pots). So I would suggest keeping rage as it is.

Graces likes this.
  7. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Sir/ma'am

Blah blah blah coding, I want fun not ez coding lol. I throw it all out there with the assumption the first few sensible ideas will get them on board, and the big flavorful ones might tag along.

Seems unlikely enrage will take these turns but I hope. If we don't see the str conversion as a party skill, it would be nice if enrage functioned completely differently, adding avoidability and status resistance, w/m def, lower accuracy, or a chance to attack through cancel during enrage (and shorten enrages duration), maybe

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  8. Herres

Herres Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Herres
    Level:
    Oh I didn't realize you've posted your suggestion on that thread as well ^_^'
    Let's just hope one of the GMs will see this thread and actually consider this suggestion. So far everyone who has voted on the poll was in favor of this idea so it's encouraging.

9. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I mean you literally quoted it, commented on it, then made this thread shortly after, figured it might be fresh in your mind, especially after me linking to it ~f3

xDarkomantis likes this.
  10. Herres

Herres Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Herres
    Level:
    I wrote at the beginning that this suggestion is inspired by the discussions in the linked thread above ("In light of recent discussions in the Decline of Heroes thread...") which I also took part in. I just felt that all the suggestion weren't solid and detailed enough so after considering all the suggestions I wrote this thread with the aim to present a solid idea with detailed explanations about how this skill should be modified and why.
    I wasn't aware of your own thread on useless skills if that's what you're asking.

11. DonCheeto

DonCheeto Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BebeLoco
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tesla
    It would really be nice if Heros could make Melee parties more viable, this is a great suggestion for Enrage :)

LimeOnyx likes this.
  12. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Thanks, I agree my suggestion Herres ripped off and watered down is good :p

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/warrior-rebalanace.188673/

This is a good read for enrage/hero ideas.

• My rage and enrage suggestions I posted forever ago, adding STR, but keeping players stuck in "alert" status (prevents mule abuse)
    • Enrage has a smart KB effect, like arans had (lowers KB thresholds), good for auf
    • Enrage can shatter damage reflect
    • built in stun resistance (~20%?)
    • Enrage undispellable
    • Also lowers accuracy and/or diminishes potion healing effects (opposite of Alchemist) 10%? (needs a drawback), or drains HP/MP
    • 20% chance to cut through WC (although I've always said sacrifice should be able to do this)
    • Possibly being a party skill like rage (see first bullet)
    Hero's need like one x factor thing to give them flavo/function, enrage, or improved finishers (panic inflicting darkness in bosses) could be the thing. Or their monster magnet works better, or their magnet affects bosses

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  13. RadiantRay

RadiantRay Well-Known Member

Sounds like a nice suggestion if it were for Rage and not Enrage. I feel that since Enrage consumes all of your combo orbs it should stay strictly a self buff.
    Since it's not possible to have stacking weapon attack buffs I would also assume it would not be possible stack stat buffs as well with Maple Warrior. Maybe a dev could confirm that.

I read that thread and the points it makes for people not playing Hero are
    1. It has very low dps compared to other classes due to other classes receiving buffs and
    2. Their utility have been slightly diminished due to more 1v1 bosses and other classes being better at tanking

If we were to take that thread's points as the primary reasons why people don't play hero then my simple solutions would be to
    1. Increase the class dps. Example: I like the idea of making Rage stack with attack pots in some way, whether it be with weapon attack, damage percentage or bonus stregnth, however in the future we should refrain from buffing the damage output of the classes future.
    2. Make the Power Guard bug an unintended feature.

14. nut

nut Donator

IGN:
    nutleafcity
    Level:
    poo
    I don't play Hero in Royals, so I'm not too knowledgeable, however it makes more sense to me to think of rage as a party buff (and so we should think how to make it useful there) and enrage as a self buff (as @RadiantRay put it). I think some very reasonable changes to Enrage have been brought up, including being unaffected by dispel and giving some immunity to reflect or weapon cancel, which somewhat goes with the theme of the skill.

Either way, I like how thought out this suggestion is, especially for it's simplicity in relation to benefits. If there's any suggestion to implement, this one should probably be tested out first.

Is this a passive aggressive statement? You say ripped off and watered down, but what I see in this post is at the very most inspired, and at the very least a well polished, reasonable, and detailed suggestion with actual justifications, as opposed to the myriad ideas in your thread which are seemingly random in nature.

Jooon likes this.
  15. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Hey nut it was a joke with an emoji, you good? ~imboss he forgot he had read my suggestion in an another thread a long time ago then made this thread, you don't have to worry about it but good thing you cleared it up for everyone who can read whew

None of my suggestions are arbitrary (six of which you just agreed with: 1 it affecting the STR stat, 2 a possible form of cancel counter, 3 a possible form of reflect defense/counter, 4 immune to dispel, 5 themes of the skill, 6 staying a solo buff) and are all explained when I bring up the suggestions almost every time I do. I definitely did in my original threads, sorry you're having issues but if there's any confusion you can pm me about it or ask in the related threads

I'm all for seeing enrage get modern treatment, and my post history and threads have mentioned it, ironman aside, it exists as a useless skill for a lot of reasons (att pot meta, dispellable+orb consuming with a CD)

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  16. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    The way you wrote most of it seems that way tho :rolleyes:
    Take a chill pill on Leg***ds or others “ripping off” your suggestions shall we.

DeCero likes this.
  17. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    I was joking with Herres because we had an interaction in an old thread he forgot about, it was funny, and I wasn't bringing up the other thing you mentioned in a totally different thread where I also said I wasn't upset about it at all (if anything I was frustrated that a server I don't play or post in swiped my idea that I was suggesting here). I'd consider deleting this post, you're just doing bad faith jabs at me and being off topic

Anyway Herres op and a lot of other folks suggestions about enrage are valid and worth testing

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  18. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    If anything, i don’t think herres will he simply taking it as a joke, more so of a jab of what you like to say, “bad faith”.

Meanwhile keeping things in topic.
    Your arbitary suggestions is making enrage quite a OP skill when hero itself already have quite a amazing kit don’t you think?
    Simply making it stackable above apple would be way more then enough , just my opinion.

19. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    That was a list of multiple possible suggestions, not a total list of demands, and I'm not replying to the other topic you keep bringing up, weird.

20. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Weird as your random suggestions and bad faith jabs to OP.
    Sure.
    -

Current GMS adjusted the skill to a toggle skill that changes its “brandish” like skill into a lesser target skill but does a higher damage multiplier.
    A fun food for thought, Imo it was a pretty interesting change, yet alittle too wild for our vanilla server.

Instead, i edited my post above
    “Simply making it stackable above apple would be way more then enough.”
    Simple adjustment, a DPS boost to its current kit.
    in return lower the amount of Weap atk that it adds compared to the current enrage.