Update on Soul Arrow

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Saledor, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Ngl that looks pretty dope :tobenawoo:

2. Aradia Megido

Aradia Megido Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    VeliZer0
    Level:
    I got kinda out of tone. I would like to apologize and I appreciate the effort you guys have managed to do to keep all players happy as far as you can.

This idea was already tested during the beta phase of certain server I'm playing right now, turns out the Power Stance proc cancels the Hurricane Animation so this approach, while may be useful for Marksmen and Wind Archer who don't rely on Hurricane, it doesn't work for Bowmasters.
    If there is nothing that can be done due to client limitations, I think the more straightforward and simple workaround is to increase their raw damage% on Hurricane (230% at Level 40 is pretty crazy ngl but I eventually grew accustomed to the raw damage buff) or grant them a secondary skill (such as Focus or Concentrate) that ridiculously increases their avoidability over the margin of +100~150, neither I do like this suggestion but it seems like the most practical thing to do at this point.
    More avoidability = Better DPS uptime.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  3. FeiLongHuang

FeiLongHuang Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
  4. FeiLongHuang

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    [SOUL ARROW POLL]

Current votes casted:
    #1 - 67
    #2 - 64

13 hours left till poll ends and results revealed.
    Players who have experienced the changes are encouraged to cast their feedback via votes.

Fixlim likes this.
  5. Raynian

Raynian Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Raynian
    As others have said, if the admins are committed to the change of requiring arrows, at least increase the duration of the buff to make casting buffs simpler. I would love for it to last 300 seconds even if it took 300 arrows, just so I could have SE+SA on a macro.
    SE lasts 5 minutes, but soul arrow only lasts 3:20 (200 seconds). Hamstring is even more awkward at 180 seconds, though hamstring is niche enough that you're only going to be casting it against mobile bosses in the first place. If your concern is keeping it in line with bow booster (a second job skill that also lasts 200 seconds), just increase booster to 300 seconds as well? Booster is rarely worth to cast as BM anyways, but it would help 2nd/3rd job and also MMs. 5 minutes for buffs is a nice spot to have them at, since many buffs are 5 minutes. HB, SE, MW(10), SI, etc. Sure, soul arrow is a solo buff instead of a party buff, but convenience is good to have especially on a spell that costs arrows to use.

6. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    My interpretation of the poll:
    1. 46% like the update as it is, 54% want some change or prefer without the update.
    2. 69% don't mind using slots for arrows

xDarkomantis and Jooon like this.
  7. kisuza

kisuza Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I casted my vote but I can't give an accurate response, or at least debatable poll:
    On poll 2: Define "use arrow"?

Does using arrow means having arrow in bag, but DO NOT cast soul arrow, so just let the arrow deplete?
    ie: never/rarely used arrow means rarely casted soul arrow, just too lazy to do so; regularly used arrow: always keep the buff on

Or does "use arrow" means: HAVE ARROW in bag, but casts soul arrow to not deplete it
    ie: never/rarely used arrow means rarely keep arrow in bag, but keeps soul arrow on so that it is shoot-able; regularly used arrow: always make sure there is arrow in bag even if there is soul arrow on.

The wording matters in this case because I always keep soul arrow on AND makes sure I have ice arrow in inventory. So does this consider use arrow or not? Soul arrow is casted, but not consuming arrow.
    It could be "use arrow" because I needed space in my inventory, it could be "did not use arrow" because it doesn't matter if I have arrows or not.

p/s: I have the feeling that majority of the discussion is talking about how great the +10 atk is. IMO, it is actually only +6, not +10 because the atk is +4 before the patch, net increase is only 6, not 10.
    I compared my DPS on MM (solo krex) before and after patch. The difference is very marginal:
    before patch: 95 mins to solo both eyes;
    after patch: 90 mins to solo both eyes.

It is only 5 out of 90 mins difference DPS (5%). You may argue 5% is a lot, but considering how much it costs us, to have like 4 slots of arrows per 90min, and the hassle to multi client for the sake of using an arrow mule.
    it takes 90mins to eat up 4 stacks of arrows, that is 4*2000*40 = 320k mesos, let alone the time spent traveling to showa / torturing our PC launch a second client (for arrow mule).
    Why are bowmen punished this way when they aren't even as attractive as NL?
    This update is not worth it.

Also to clear some misconception, casting soul arrow DOES NOT automatically give us a +10 atk buff, the atk is from arrows regardless of soul arrow casted or not. I've seen players whining about how unfair it is for bowman to get a +10 buff

Pea likes this.
  8. FeiLongHuang

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    The "use" here would the "act of active consumption of arrows".
    Following the history of the discussions, there was an interest to get a clearer picture on how many players (before v73.3) adopt the playstyle of:
    • Actively consuming arrows, thereby not using SA (the impression is that most doing this to gain the +WAtk benefit, though there is always the case of not using SA at all and burning the normal arrows)
    • Minimal to zero arrow consumption, mainly relying on SA (two sub-groups here, one that totally do not carry any arrows and purely relies on SA, another that carries some for the event of SA drop off/dispelled but want to have the option of temporarily maintain uptime until SA reapplied)
    The wording was based on the assumption readers has the context of what's being discussed in this thread. Though, I'll take note of your concern and be aware of this different perspective in the future. The poll was given one week advance period with the polling contents visible to all for feedback before releasing the link to the actual poll. Another action I would take would be to make advance announcement more visible to increase awareness of upcoming poll.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Tsue likes this.
  9. kisuza

kisuza Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the clarification, though there is something I disagree:
    I believe casting soul arrow doesn't nullify the +WAtk benefit from the arrow. I experimented this long ago. At least the atk range in the stat window doesn't reduce upon activating soul arrow

10. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    Tldr; it does. Visual bug.

11. FeiLongHuang

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    Err.....that is the statement for pre-v73.3 isn't it?

First statement here writes about players that DID NOT activate Soul Arrow, so they could consume their arrows while attacking in pre-v73.3.

Different players has different reasons for "NOT ACTIVATING Soul Arrow", the impression given out by players in the discussion: most do it to benefit from the +WAtk from higher tier arrows.

The logic of the statement
    Not activating Soul Arrow > Able to consume arrows while attacking > Gain benefits of WAtk bonus
    (to remind readers, this is how it goes for pre-v73.3)

Edit: In case I misunderstood your point, this statement referring to pre-73.3 or the current patch version?

If you're of the opinion that pre-73.3 soul arrow does not nullify WAtk bonus from arrows, this would be a good read: Soul Arrow Analysis post (v72.1)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  12. kisuza

kisuza Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Wait what, this is absolutely new to me, I never knew this fact. I apologise for this.
    Now to clarify my confusion, does soul arrow nullify the atk buff post v73.3?

13. FeiLongHuang

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FeiLongHuang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Spanar
    Ahh, now I understand where your opinion initially coming from.

For current patch version post v73.3, Soul Arrow buff no longer nullify arrow Atk bonus.
    At risk of been seen as self-promoting my own post, a much more fleshed out details of the skill can be found here.

14. ilyssia

ilyssia Donator

Honestly, after trying the update on both a Marksman and Bowmaster character, and ponder about it for a few days.

I'm greatly appreciative arrows has been given additional buffs, however I feel Soul Arrow consume 200 arrows is a little much for me. Since it takes away the freedom of archers of not carrying arrows. I think a better implementation is to increase the current arrow slot, and revert Soul Arrow as its original game mechanic, original duration and zero buffs from arrows.

This way, archers can continue to keep their original flexibility of not carrying any arrows, while also pleasing players who want to take advantage of the dynamic gameplay that the new arrows provide while also keeping the staff's intention of a slight penalty of using better stat arrows. Hopefully this will address the divide between the players who both happy and unhappy with the Soul Arrow change.

unknown (1).png

I'm also proposing Steel Arrows to be more accessible, especially in stronger areas of the game.

KittehIshMad, Kung, Dong and 13 others like this.
  15. KryosX

KryosX Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    KryosX
    Level:
    To be honest if you don’t want to revert the current update for SA just give me Soul Arrow (5min) atleast and I’ll be happy. Not having to waste 2x more arrows then how it is right will save a lot of space and will save me the burden of having to transfer all my pots that I get from bosses to my mule accounts for storage F3

Or add a passive +10WA in one of the skills and keep Soul Arrows as it was before by not having to use any arrows because to be honest that +10 WA for BM isn’t that much of a big difference we are talking in like +3-4k extra per hit which isn’t honestly a big deal if we compare to NL’s that DPS way more then us per row like come on. A small buff for BM’s won’t affect anyone it’s just an advantage for the party when bossing

Also most of us BM’s already feel weak compared to other classes (NL, Corsair, Bucc, Pally) that have very high DPS while bossing. Anyways I’m just saying that because most of normal BM don’t have end gear bows and are mostly seen as an SE to the party. I know we can say that for many other classes as well but it’s true. And one last thing, Archers are one of the lowest classes to have HP and don’t have the same avoidability or near as NL’s in which we are penalized even more then them (and yes we have puppet but in end game bosses that doesn’t work). So what’s the point of having a glass canons class if it can’t DPS as much as other classes with high HP. And good luck washing a BM.

So to summarize getting back Soul Arrow as it was (not using any arrows) and adding a +10WA passive buff while having 1 or a stack of crystal arrow or red arrow in the inventory won’t be such a massive of a buff and will keep everyone happy at the end.

JuliusOmega, Fixlim and Kayu like this.
  16. Sunrise ^o^

Sunrise ^o^ Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sunrise
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rog Gamer
    Hello there

trying hard I reached level 120 with my crossbowman 3 weeks ago

Sadness encompasses me the change of soul arrow (I have always used it) since it saved me crossbow bolts

I've never asked for a buff or a nerf

now I no longer see people who play bow or crossbow

I know many are sad oh upset with this change

my opinion is that they give a solution soon because honestly nobody wants to have an inventory full of arrows and potions

whitemagejames, Fixlim and Kayu like this.
  17. Kayu

Kayu Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PJBass
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
    Yup, it has become boring to play since this QoL removal. To be honest, I'm part of those BM who quitted.

I made another class for now, until they revert changes. If they do it someday.

Vano and Fixlim like this.
  18. KryosX

KryosX Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    KryosX
    Level:
    Pareil j'ai fais un NL

Kayu likes this.
  19. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Roger
  20. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    :)

tazan, CreamGoddess and Johnny like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.