Bossing Add more End Game contents plz

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Doo, Oct 5, 2021.

?

Should we get more new content for end game players

1. Yes

149 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. NO

20 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    As some of you may have noticed by the hint at the bottom of the Lionheart Castle release poster, we do have intentions to release the Von Leon boss in the near future. Lots of work has already been done on the boss including the addition of some custom made attacks to ensure the fight will be challenging. We still have a bit more to do before it's ready, but hopefully it won't be too long until you will be able to experience this new content.

[​IMG]

Pandora, kmusissi, Metronome and 32 others like this.
  2. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create

Very excited ! Sir
    But I am curious about ur thoughts that release Pb without any drop in the future!

Will that be considered ? Thx

jackfrost90123, Donn1e, Josh and 2 others like this.
  3. bluepacmanghost

bluepacmanghost Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FrankieCosmo
    Level:
    I think this thread is very revealing. Obviously, a lot of people are interested in more end-game content, but they're worried that implementing Pink Bean will spell the end of Royals. Its drops are presumably the best equipment that we'd ever see available on the server (though they don't have to be), and that'd mean that the hardcore veterans of the server will eventually hit a rock wall in terms of character/damage range progression. This leaves them with little to do, which isn't good for player retention.

To me, most of the fun of Maplestory is in watching your character(s) get stronger, as the mechanics are simple, and the PvE elements are pretty easily mastered. Eventually, as progress slows down, I normally quit my characters to start new ones and re-experience that fun. I can only imagine how more serious fans feel about logically completing a game that they've sunk so much time/effort into (i.e. by maxing their character, making nearly perfect gear, etc.).
    It's a very ironic and sad way to consider the game, but I think it's a difficult, looming problem that should probably be addressed somehow. If the devs have already addressed this sentiment somewhere before, could someone direct me to that?

Also, just because this is the internet, please allow me to clarify: I mean no disrespect by any of this. I love Maplestory, and I think Royals is an awesome server. I really respect all the work that has gone into making it feel just right. I just want to see the community stick around for a long time, and I like talking about game design.

4. Hwaiting

Hwaiting Donator

I don't see how releasing Pink Bean would spell the end of Royals, any more than releasing Auf Haven did, or releasing Von Leon will. I do agree that the devs should be careful in the implementation of Timeless/Reverse weapons, so that situations such as the 87 stat Auf Haven helm can be avoided. Anyway, there already is a soft cap in terms of range progression, for players that have finished Auf Helm. The nature of Chaos Scrolls means that there won't be a hard cap in terms of range progression (rock wall).

As long as Royals carefully looks at how Pink Bean implementation affected the rival servers, and does enough thorough playtesting to ensure that Pink Bean helps the game rather than hurts the game, I'm sure it will be fine.

Furthermore, there is the question of if Pink Bean should be a boss that is farmed, or a boss that is defeated. As long as the effort to defeat Pink Bean involves 30 end game players, the rate at which Pink Bean will progress characters forward will be limited, and that is okay. Defeating the Bean should be no trivial feat; it should not be nerfed. In fact I think releasing Reverse weapons would impact character progression more in the short term than Timeless Weapons with Pink Bean.

Finally, there are some classes that won't even benefit from Timeless/Reverse Weapons, like Dark Knight (endgame spear is still Sky Ski and not Alchupiz), and Mages. So I think that Pink Bean would not have as much impact on most of the playerbase, just the most hardcore endgame players that can actually attempt the expedition, or are rich enough to benefit from rolling the dice on godly Timeless/Reverse weapons/pendant/MW30.

I'd argue that Pink Bean is necessary for the progression of the server, and the demand is high for it, as seen by the feedback given in the thread and interested generated.

JuliusOmega, CreamGoddess and Kethoe like this.
  5. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    How to build up hype 101 ^

this is the good stuff :tobenaww:

6. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    brace yourselves for a dumb gimmick, but the timeless/reverse weapons will tank much of the current end game weapon market stages, and will make other content even easier for those that can afford it, making solo MC sweaties even more powerful not only in damage but in how much more they can accomplish and how quickly with two new sets of end game weapons.

first, the reverse weapons should be forgeable from pieces of time etc as usual, but pieces of time and other components should be untradable. timeless weapons can still be dropped from pb.

reverse/timeless weapons should either bypass PB damage reduction effect it has, or r/t should be the only weapons that can damage PB. they should also get set bonuses from the other r/t gear, not scrolling, and the bonuses only increase damage to pb, no other bosses, and they have the same general stats and requirements as dragon gear/etc

the other components to forge the reverse items should come from non-farmable locations or rewards, such as boss runs (stop. if you're about to argue that you dont boss and this is unfair, then you don't need r/t gear because you wont be going to pb anyway, and the gear wouldn't be better than dragon sets, except against pb ofc).
    since there are systems to reward active gameplay now via exp, this same system could reward players with new r/t components after a boss battle (like when you get a present from snowman, etc.) for active players, or after x amount of boss kills, whatever, TBD requirements, but untradable and universal rewards (no selling runs)

another aspect is if these weapons are untradable and can only be self acquired, perhaps there is no meso sink because of their non-existent market, this could be added by having the weapons needing to be honed by an npc for a meso cost after battle.

these are all existing methods, and the point is to stop powercreep, farming, market control, rwt (no white scrolls/scrolling) since the existence of the vanilla r/t weapons and their vanilla components will eventually tank the current market

they should also probably be level 170 or something. the argument could be made to just make them high level. doesn't matter, level eventually isnt what gatekeeps abusive meta behavior such as multiclient, market cornering and control, min/max boss reward control (hello! MW30??? this too will thrash the economy, another can of worms that will just enrich the rich who can buy their vanilla r/t gear. its why i made supplemental suggestions such as this https://royals.ms/forum/threads/heros-will-10-sb-more.194832/ ), pure stupid lottery economy, and exclusive damage ranges and HP, and "deep pockets" to scroll them is what gatekeeps things like end bosses and then exploits them

as said before they shouldn't be conventionally scrollable, either. a full r/t set bonus should be the additional TBD stat buffs, not gig market items, lottery items, or current scrolls

simply put, r/t weapons definitely will trivialize the current mc boss meta worse if you keep giving powercreeps inches, they will allow those with way too much to consolidate way more power (acquiring as well as selling mw30). and if the vanilla weapon's components can be farmed/marketed, this will also lead to a similar outcome. the point is anyone can accomplish this pb damage requirement, not through wealth, and they only help you against pb exclusively,

the existence of mw30 alone (or a single mw30 mule) will be massive for damage ranges and "party" times everywhere. adding two new end game weapons on top of that, will send the economy wild.

mw30 should either not exist, or follow the active player only trend, only affecting active players. and maybe have a CD?

whitemagejames likes this.
  7. Comediante

Comediante Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ucker
    Guild:
    Rice
    BUMP

Daisies likes this.
  8. Wonderstruck

Wonderstruck Donator

Interested in some sort of high level grinding map. Just normal map, decent eq drops for level 170+!

Pandora, StarSaber and Metronome like this.
  9. StarSaber

StarSaber Donator

IGN:
    SaberStrike
    I love the introduction of LHC because quite honestly, classes have a lot of toolkits
    LHC brings in more of a dynamic than just Single-Target being King.

If we can introduce more of that AND without a timer, that would be amazing.
    Because for as much as I like LHC, timers have partly turned it into Stoppers and Apples being your admission ticket (is there anyway to disable using said items in there?).
    [Edit: Another way to look at it, is remember Henesys Hunting Grounds? Imagine if that came with a timer]

A lot of x3.2 exp bonus was to make many areas viable and more used, which you do see early game.
    However, at 135+ it turns to just One Way of the Highway with Bosses and Apples.

And quite frankly, going so one sided is nauseating, in any topic, food, or life-style after a while.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  10. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    in two other servers, i saw how empress cygnus was running in version83 it seems almost unbelievable to me, but there they are, the reason why they hardly play there is because of their exaggerated ease, we prefer the nostalgic and challenging royals

11. Wonderstruck

Wonderstruck Donator

Any normal map probably wouldnt make it easy though. The exp can be less than HT or whatever boss. Just an option to pick mesos/npc eq and gain some exp. I’m not sure what empress is though.

JuliusOmega likes this.
  12. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    check image is this boss ,

Screenshot_2022-03-10-14-43-12.png

I never thought that it could be implemented in version 83, they have already achieved it and it is very extreme from what you can see !!

I still hope to see her here one day
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  13. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Roger
    idk exactly if work same as Pierre, but see a high version boss on royals in 2016 with all skills like spin and other things even in an event was impressive, the only thing that I wonder is if empress match with Royals proposal.

ImVeryJelly and JuliusOmega like this.