In Discussion Class/Skill [Feedback Request] Skill Changes and Balancing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by nut, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Gillies

Gillies Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'm just gonna throw a little QOL suggestion that I don't think its that important and can live without but it was something that always bothered me so anyway:

Make Rapid fire work while jumping.
    And to clarify, just the beginning of the cast, not being able to jump while casting in ground. However interrupting, jumping, and coming back would work in miliseconds.

(and yes I know you can attack and jump at the same time creating an air jump, I do it all the time, but its different)

• The motivation. Is a class lacking in some area they shouldn't?
      - No. its just to:
      (1) make more sense, because IMO its easy to shoot midair with a gun, as he always did in lower class skills. Hell you can even activate battleship cannon mid air but not shoot a gun???
      (2) BM is the class that have to shoot an arrow with 2 hands, so it makes sense that hurricane cannot do that.

• What do you expect or hope the change will accomplish?
      - To put simply, it would make Rapid fire a different kind of skill than hurricane. As it is in the original game, its just copy paste.
      - It would make using rapid fire more fun just like it is to jump and attack with sins. It would make more challenging and fun to run, avoind attack with a skill that can be used mid air, and always be recasting to reposition yourself while losing little time.

• Where does this proposition place a class or classes in the big picture?
      - I believe it would just make Corsair more fun. It would not make it OP, or better than BM or NL.

• Does this change have its place in Royals?
      - I mean, the server already got a lot of balance changes that makes it different than vanilla maple. I believe its not an outrageous request that would make this game unplayable for the nostalgia ultra guys. We are already pretty different than old vanilla maple anyway.
    If thats a dumb thing to ask I'm sorry for losing everybody's time its just something that annoys me for a looooooong time ^_^'

icedem0n, nut, Yaro and 2 others like this.
  2. Al3x

Al3x Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    13uccaneer
    Level:
    To add on to this, super transformation should have a longer duration from 120 seconds to 180 seconds to be on par with the shadow partner. This will reduce the amount of magic rocks needed and improve the quality of life of Buccaneers.

Javier likes this.
  3. Hwaiting

Hwaiting Donator

Some of my other thoughts on class balancing not with skill tweaks, but through content:

7/7: I think Bosses that spawn clones or trash mobs that aggro to players would be beneficial to cleave damage classes. Having cleave classes clear trash mobs and/or do heavy DPS to clones with significant HP, in order for single target DPS classes to thrive in boss scenarios would be more interesting gameplay. Bringing along Archmages for Ice/Fire Demon to clear out trash mobs(@GunzGaming 's Demon skill affecting bosses idea), MM Piercing arrow, party compositions would gain much variety.

Boss mechanics where the boss cannot be pinned would also be interesting. Crowd control in pre bb MS is sorely underexplored. Rush, Monster magnet, Corkscrew/Barrage kb, and Hamstring would gain relevance if players had to crowd control bosses that can't be pinned.

Boss content that takes advantage of burst damage: having to deal x-amount of DPS within a certain timeframe giving the party a bonus; something like being able to cancel the bosses damage reflect or magic/weapon cancel through burst damage. Shadowers' smoke screen synergy with Corsairs for example.

Mu Lung Dojo hard mode, Ravana Boss from Golden Temple, are some possibilities I think about. Oh well, one can dream.

7/15: As a last thought I'd like to push back against power creeping classes, and buff suggestions masquerading as "Quality of Life". I would be more in favor of new content(like LHC) rather than chasing complicated buff implementations, such as proposed Enrage modifications. LHC gave underutilized classes a much needed boost, I think future content can do the same.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    snowday, Novel, Cooler and 1 other person like this.
  4. nut

nut Donator

IGN:
    nutleafcity
    Level:
    poo
    Hi everyone. It's now been over a month since we've asked for your feedback. We will be closing this thread in about 7 days from this post (July 15, 11:59 PM server time) so we can consolidate all the suggestions and begin investigating and testing.

Yakamoz, Javier, LichWiz and 4 others like this.
  5. Herres

Herres Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Herres
    Level:
    Suggestion for additional boss monster mechanic:
    Not sure if it's possible, but I got an idea for a really cool new mechanic for boss monsters.
    Some bosses usually summon clones which are basically a weaker version of themselves more or less.
    But what if a boss could summon different types of clones, each weak to a certain class skills and has a different set of skills\mechanics?
    For example, a boss can summon 5 different kinds of clones (one for each class), distinguished by their color (red for warriors, yellow for thieves, blue for magicians, green for bowmen and purple for pirates). Each clone is weak only to its respective class' skills (for example warriors cannot deal damage to a Magician boss clone and etc.). An example for how these clones could look like for Von Leon:
    clones.png

Not only that these clones are weak to only a certain job's skill, they each can have their own unique mechanic.
    For example (Just my idea, can be changed\debated):
    A warrior clone can double the original boss' attack and defense as long as it is alive.
    A bowman clone can add Damage Reflect to the original boss as long as it is alive.
    A magician clone allows the original boss to cast dispel every X seconds as long as it is alive.
    A thief clone allows the original boss to cast Seduce every X seconds as long as it alive.
    A pirate clone can add Weapon Cancel to the original boss as long as it is alive.

Each clone can also have a different amount of HP.

For higher difficulty: After a certain HP threshold, the main boss can summon two different clones at the same time.

The main reasons why this could be a good mechanic to implement:
    1. Just like CWKPQ every job has a role in the boss fight, making it difficult to duo\trio with mules (no more NLstory).
    2. Parties have to come up with good strategies to tackle this mechanic, making teamwork and communication crucial.
    3. Refreshing bossing experience.

6. Dominican

Dominican Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dominican
    Level:
    Guild:
    N/A
    Please don’t let me lose hope ^_^':D'( haha.

On a side note on the last notible buffs as we cross fingers for the hero class, DRKs should have their zerk restrictions lifted just like Buccs transformation CD and Shads assassinate to even out the playing field, they are a mid-tier DPS class with great support skills (HB) but you can’t even fully utilize their DPS at most end game bosses, let’s make it FAIR.

7. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    in case it wasn't mentioned already, please let dark sight be cancelable via any attacking spells in the game (or at least dark sight skill button itself), even when you are stunned.
    maplestory, which is meant to be played with both hands on the keyboard while bossing, really shouldn't require the player to reach to their mouse in panic in order to avoid certain death. its clunky and always feel unfair when you get caught by a sudden stun and 1/1 attack. the more chaotic the fight is, the less likely you are to notice in time that you are stuck in dark sight.
    even outside of the edge cases where this kills you, dark sight is just awkward to use when your only way to get out of it on your keyboard is a normal attack, or Assassinate (if you are a 4th job shad).

ZJZJ, Yaro, Dominican and 2 others like this.
  8. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    Well, since no one else has said it...

Can we have paladin's ice charge freeze duration buff? Before the bugfix it was actually useful in niche cases (like shao clones), now the freeze is entirely useless. I'd suggest somewhere around 20-25s, which is enough to keep mobs perma frozen with hammer, but nowhere near as long as before.

devontran, benkrong, Gwaihir and 4 others like this.
  9. Fli

Fli Donator

At this point I think Royals is end-game focusing and those content are mostly single target boss except for CWK/LHC so I will focus on those cases, assumed everyone are average funded with essential HP washed/quested also. Will skip most stuffs other players above mentioned already too.

Buff Dark Knight more
    Sure it deals a lot of damage and berserk is already buffed from 200% to 210% already but I would say that's far from enough. Countless single target bosses added after years and all of them got elemental weak(direct 1.5x damage for Paladin), dark knights can do CWK/LHC still only. Because in other boss fights they just want paladins which providing higher single target DPS and crash buff(who f*ing take noobs live HB LMAO).

Beside those multi target contents, a boss usually attacking with higher number and frequency, dark knights need to be concentrate to control their HP to provide midcore DPS which is even lower than paladins due to elemental stuff, other classes can just be braindead 30k washed and even duo attacking, this difficulty of having half HP is just for fun or meme purpose. Don't forget, there are some bosses like Bodyguard A they are not even possible to berserk. I don't see a point while people still arguing uncapping paladin's blast to make it more stronger/invest worthy but dark knights get nothing and lose them everywhere still, for now it's just not a good class to enjoy all contents of Royals.

For those problems I suggest two things:
    1. Buff berserk, at least a little bit stronger compare to blast with elemental weak in ideal single target case, in real cases it doesn't have to win everywhere either but just not lose all(I don't have exact number in my mind though), hard to play so high damage reward that's a very simple rule of a game.
    2. Nerf some boss skills, at least everything need to be able to fight with berserk, this may place to Content section.
    Is Arch Mage a class only for farming?
    Except for LHC, I think I can assume mages in Royals are:
    I/L and F/P: just for farming.
    Bishop: Slightly worse farming ability but plus some buffs and tools.
    Because of
    So uhhh, what's the point arch mages exist now? their farming ability nerfed and not allowed to participate boss runs, this is definitely not good of a class nor consistent to the point Matt saying above. I don't think pure farming class is meaningless if that is Matt think of mages should be, but consistency of game should be care about.

For those problems I suggest either do A or B:
    A. Anything to make arch mages more viable to boss runs, I don't have any good idea except for buffing chain lightening/paralyze.(which is half confirmed they are not going to)
    B. Keep arch mages as farming class, so revert the Global drop rate nerf of wide range magic, if multi client multi channel farming is too overpowered this case, adjust the mapowner rule instead.

If B is implemented, then completely remove all the weapon cancel skills from bosses, rework everything about magic/power/armor crash and bishop's dispel after. This is to solve crash mule and paladin main's problems, this may place to Content section too)

TL; DR:
    Dark Knight is too weak of single target, buff it.
    Revert global drop rate nerf of wide range magic, and remove cancel/crash completely, to solve some problems also make this game more consistent.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  10. linkbane

linkbane Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    linkbane
    Level:
    Yeah, that would be great. Especially since you can rapid fire + jump while swimming already, it would be nice to do it normally.

Gillies and MaiAh like this.
  11. jessyjinx

jessyjinx Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MrTeaBags
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    For Dark Knights increase berserk damage to 220%(from 210%) increase berserk hp to 60% or 70% (from 50%) and maybe give the res beholder that we had before

For Marskman I would like (if it wasn't already mentioned before idk) that snipe would be an active skill meaning that every x seconds it would snipe automatically without you having to press a key (like final attack without it fking up strafe) idk if this is even possible to code lol

Javier likes this.
  12. Dominican

Dominican Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dominican
    Level:
    Guild:
    N/A
    DRK doesn’t need a dmg raise they surpass heroes with the mobility and DPS with ease, what drk needs is to remove the Hp requirement for zerk because it limits then from bossing at a lot of the end - game content.

Theyre on par with buccs and Shads in terms of dps but are farrrrr more limited (as buccs once had a CD with their skills and Shads had the assassinate limit removed) its only fair their zerk hp requirement get lifted.

Ringghost, devontran, Yaro and 3 others like this.
  13. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Level:
    ✭✭✭
    As a selfish [​IMG] player, this is what I'd like to see change for the [​IMG] classes:
    2nd Job Advancement
    Change: Extend Bless duration to 300s.
    Reason: QOL Change. I set MG, Invincible, and Bless on the same Macro. It's kind of a waste of time to buff yourself again 30 seconds before bless expires and doesn't really benefit the mage player as taking physical damage from most bosses generally 1HKO you anyways.

Change: Make Holy Arrow an AOE ability.
    Reason: Gives Clerics a reason not to go to every zombie/ghost map in the game to train. It also helps bishops who can't AOE in low level PQs. Invincible in itself is an almost useless ability for mages because the threshold of dying to physical damage is only challenged when bossing. Otherwise it just saves potions. Technically also nostalgic in the sense that this change was later made to official MS servers anyways.

3rd Job Advancement
    Change: Add visible timer above Mystic Door.
    Reason: I'm not talking about the skill timers on the top right of your screen, I mean a literal animation change so that party members can see whether a door will expire soon or not. It wouldn't affect how the ability works, just adds clarity. (I suppose this change isn't very selfish in nature.)

Change: Rework Holy Symbol. Completely remove the extra XP effect.
    Reason: Replace with party version of Invincible (and include magic attacks too). so people can survive bossing without having to HP wash (as much). The only reason this class is even considered OP by anyone who isn't a Bishop main is because of the XP boost. Would probably piss a lot of lazy rich assholes off, but fuck them.

4th Job Advancement
    Change: Remove Lv15 Summoning Dragon Requirement from Bahamut
    Reason: This is the only cross-job requirement that the class has. Unless you know ahead of time that it's a requirement, misusing your SP really screws you here. I only find myself using the baby dragon when I'm bored. Having to recast this useless dragon every minute is a waste of time unless you plan on extending the duration.
    2nd Job Advancement
    Change: Buff Meditation. Meditation Level + (# of Nearby 4th Job Mages x Meditation Level) would result in a maximum of 20 solo and 120 in a party of 6. Require 3 Magic Rocks Per Use.
    Reason: This ability is overshadowed by potions. Even if you wanted to stack Meditation to +120M.Att, you would be doing so at the expense of other utility and would have to regroup to maintain it for your party. It would also be pretty hard to abuse this buff for XP gains since it's distributed based on level & number of party members.
    1st Job Advancement
    Change: Make Magic Guard immune to dispel.
    Reason: There's literally no counter-play to this. It's stupid that if you want to go bossing, you need to spam heal, pots, and buffs the entire time. If you're lucky, you might be able to do damage if the attackers don't get pissed at you for stealing their XP.

Change: Delete Magic Armor
    Reason: Who the fuck even uses this ability? Magic Guard, Invincible, Bless, and Elemental Resistance do this, but better. It serves no purpose other than to trick noobs into accidentally spending SP.

Change: Rework Energy Bolt. Make it stronger than Magic Claw.
    Reason: At least then you have the option to decide whether you want to trade being able to attack through walls and have vertical range as opposed to using a short ranged horizontal line-of-sight only ability.

4th Job Advancement
    Change: Buff Big Bang's Damage & Range.
    Reason: Bishops need a way to not use Energy Bolt / Magic Claw (1st Job) as their only attack for mobs that are immune to holy damage. In combination with a HS rework, this would actually give bishops a reason to attack bosses too. Unless you're lv.170-180+, you will have no reason to even touch this.

Change: Allow Mana Reflection to kill the monster that attacked you.
    Reason: Monsters don't do that much damage in comparison to their HP amount. If you're going to let yourself get hit for 30 seconds straight to kill one monster, you're just wasting your time. If you're willing to let yourself get hit for a thousand hours to solo a boss using nothing but potions, you're an idiot. Congrats. Unless you're lv.170-180+, you will have no reason to even touch this.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    MaiAh, Punk, Aqwrd and 1 other person like this.
  14. RadiantRay

RadiantRay Well-Known Member

So recently I had a really great idea for a buff towards Heroes and DRK. Just make the custom skill, Total Crash, a general warrior skill instead of a Paladin exclusive skill. All 3 warriors have a similar ability and something I noticed recently on this server is that hardly anyone wants to go on a boss run that have weapon cancel without a Paladin.

15. proclus

proclus Member

백기사의 토탈 크래시 스킬의 이펙트 이미지가 수정되어야 한다고 생각합니다. 원래 매직 크래시 이미지를 복원해야 합니다.

16. Aqwrd

Aqwrd Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aqwrd
    Paladins

Fix their Heaven Hammer aggro in LHC. I never notice this problem when running LHC with fire mages, when they meteor the mobs clump and gain aggro. When HH'ing its different though, some mobs lose interest or never gain interest at all. The problem is very noticeable over a 1 hour LHC session, I think it has to do with having other members on the same map screwing up aggro.

Notice the top and bottom right Bears.

upload_2022-7-15_13-16-49.png
    This is a mages clump, notice how tight, delicious, densely packed, and gorgeous.
    upload_2022-7-15_13-18-50.png
    This is a pallys heaven hammer clump. Disgusting, loose, sloppy, gross, stinky.

Archers

Fix Puppet. This problem is very easy to show. I have a great fix for this problem, whether it can be implemented is a different story. Puppet now shows as a buff icon. Right clicking this icon removes Puppet, all linked aggro is now gone, it was already possible to remove aggro. Puppeting whilst a Puppet is spawned will carry over any old aggro to the new Puppet.

In this situation, I have to either wait 60 seconds for Puppet to die, or hope these monsters can kill my Puppet which has 20k HP. Gaining aggro while a Puppet is alive turns the Puppet useless in its current form. This problem is created when gaining aggro after a Puppet is spawned, in order to chain the new aggro to Puppet, all old aggro is lost.

icedem0n likes this.
  17. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    I have an i/l arch mage main. Kinda rare I know :p

Some things have been brought up already, but I would still like to throw in my opinions on arch mage skills too.
    I understand and agree that arch mages are superior mob clearing jobs and it would be unfair if they delt high single target damage as well, but there are a few ways I can see arch mages being better without making them too OP.

Ice demon

What ice demon actually does is turning enemies 100% to elements like fire and ice. This means that enemies taking 50% damage to fire (or no damage at all) will take normal 100% damage from fire spells. This is useful for Ifrit and F/P mage if you are in a party with one. The damage over time is certainely helpful too when fighting larger mobs I can't one hit with blizzard, as well as helping me deal with shao clones in a matter of seconds.

However, it also turns enemies 100% to ice as well for some reason. This means that if an enemy would otherwise take 199.999 damage to my blizzard, they suddenly take a lot less damage if under the ice demon spell.
    Here's an example of this:

[​IMG]

Enemy to the left was affected by ice demon. Enemy on the right was not.

It would be great if:

1: Ice demon doesn't make enemies stronger to ice if they are usually weak to it. Or in the case of F/P mages, making enemies stronger to fire if they are usually weak against it when using fire demon.
    2: Make sure it works on all mobs (not sure if it does work on LHC now, maybe it does) and maybe even bosses as well. This would make arch mages capable of dealing damage over time on bosses and assist party members, or just make solo bossing quicker. The damage over time is nowhere near attack class level of damage, but tweaking it to make less damage (at least on bosses) if it became too op would be a fair compromise.

One thing to keep in mind if ice demon would work on bosses is that ice demon makes enemies unable to attack and move for a few seconds unless pushed around. If it did that to bosses it would be super OP to just spam ice demon.

Mana reflection

I would love to see mana reflection ignore magic guard. I have my mana reflection at skill level 23/30 right now. It deals 1-3k at best on bosses like papulatus, which is basically nothing, because it takes magic guard into account. If it didn't, it could actually deal decent damage.
    According to bbb wiki, it originally dealt 1000% damage if reflected at level 30, which may have been to counter this. However, for HP washers that don't use magic guard, reflecting 1000% would deal absurdly high damage understandably.

Meditation

Would be nice if it stacks with potions so I don't accidentally use it and cancel potions I'm currently using.

Ifrit

I would love to see an increase in ifrit's range. This is an issue with every spawn I've used on other characters as well, but ifrit may be the worst. I have to constantly readjust ifrit to get closer to papulatus and other bosses in order to deal continuous damage, because if I get as far as like, 3 meters (9-10 feet) from a target, it won't do anything.

Javier, Green Mind and GunzGaming like this.
  18. Green Mind

Green Mind Donator

Arch Mage (again)
    Paralyze
    Paralyze should at least hit 3 monsters, while not losing power unlike Chain Lightning.
    Chain Lightning can be used to farm in certain maps at least, but Paralyze...
    As for bossing, a big problem is everyone and their mother resists it (I think I mentioned that in my previous post).

Mana Reflection
    Kind of a controversial idea but I'd love Mana Reflection for only Archmages to be buffed. Maybe make it a true damage reflect that negates damage albeit with a cooldown, or even a party skill for them (after increasing its damage potential of course).

Ice/Fire Demon
    Just wanted to mention that I/F Demon against a weak monster is outdamaged by neutral Chain Lightning/Paralyze, so it has zero use (except F Demon as a fast(er) mobbing skill for F/P [​IMG] ) and is just a janky elemental reset that can be left at level 25 to hit 6 monsters. They definitely need a power buff (on top of what Shiratsuyu and others have suggested).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  19. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Wrote a month ago ^_^'
    Make a thread like this is something remarkable from staff, and i can imagine the hell that will be, organize- analyze, and filter the opinions. B4 give any suggestions i would like to drop a few opinions on this matter. Balance is complicated, theres times when a thread with a change suggestion is made, and most ppl agree with those ideas, a staff members appears and reply: "Balance this is harder than you guys think" and i not only agree with that, witouth trying to offend or think to higly of myself i think "Its even harder that you guys think sometimes", because changes must take into consideration SEVERAL thinks that are not that related to the game.

1.- Game/server state
    2.- Ppl behaviour/experiences/emotions
    3.- Current gamer population mindset
    4.- From where ppl get their ideas for changes?

And ive thinking about this thread for days never replied bcs i knew i had to write an essay for this, Im shurely missing several things i haved in mind(I might edit them as i remember)

DISCLAIMER.- If I reply to a comment made in this thread so far its not necesarily bcs im agaisnt that person or want to enter in a debate(not agaisnt this either tho, its good co confront ideas to learn) its mostly a disagreement with the argument, not the person itself, sometimes ill even agree with the argument/proposed change, but not the timing.

1.- Server state.- Royals has currently an aprox of what, 800-1000 daily players? How many of them will want to do the same content, at the same time AND bring the role the pt needs to fulfill?(This is what actually balances things like LHC, with a server of 10k ppl, Royals LHC would be broken). Many ppl are agaisnt multiclient, and theyre not wrong on many of the problems multiclienting causes, but theyre mostly simplfying things when they just propose "Remove/limit multiclienting". Its Like seeing someone after being shot by a gun and say "Just remove the bullet" as that will solve the problem, Its even more complicated than that, its currently a necesary evil, how many times ppl logged in to boss with friends to get frustarted by, not finding out the job/role they needed to fill the pt, and after 30-40+ minutes of trying to get that missing job out there, just disband the pt cs theres no one to fill.

Theres ppl who left the game bcs they dont like multiclienting or the "must make an nl with a ton of mules" things? Ye, ok, do you guys really think these ppl will comeback bcs of multiclienting restrictions? Theres several threads that made pretty clear that a big % of the server does not want the remove of multiclienting. Lets acknolegde it, multiclienting is a part of royals, leave it, you will hurt the most to please a few if you change that.

Kudos to the ppl who never struggled R- a pt, but remember the generalization of positive personal experiences are fallacies, Even when I can trow the oposite experience, I did struggled getting a last member for a casual pt several times, We dont even need to look at our personal experiences, everyone witnessed that poor guy sending smega after smega for over 20-30-40-1 hr "R- x job for HT/CWKPQ, no need range".

2.-People reaction to changes.- Who moved my cheese? KEK. Ok, lets go str8. Be carefull with nerfs, any change is potentially dangerous but nerfs are the MOST dangerous. Cs youre literally taking away something from someone and that cause a negative reaction, this for example:
    Makes all the sense in the world, its a great design idea when you balancing a server from the scratch. Are these good changes to the current royals? .... I wouldnt be so shure, these include many nerfs to jobs that arent doing too great in the current meta, and doesnt give anything in exchange... Ppl are more emotional than rational, and the thing that makes royals the no1 server its their population, hitting them is something that always scare me, not always bcs of me, the more the server population reduce,makes everything worst for everyone.

3.-Gamer community mindset.- Ive heard several times "R0Yals ppl Are ......." fill it with whatever you want... it wont make sense, royals? common, ITS A SOCIETY CHANGE, its not 90s or early 2000s anymore, look at any game comunity rn, you will see 3 kind of ppl:

A.- Meta followers
    B.- "Fun" competitive ppl.- Those who choose the resource they like the most(name it job/role/character/deck/archtype/monster/pokemon,etc), BUT, they try to min max it, and make it as best as they can, so they can compite with the meta.

These 2 kind of ppl are the biggest % in any game comunity, cant trow a number, but its not needed, anyone who played several games know this

C.- Real casuals

When ppl say the proble is ppl elitism, or their standards, its not seeing this reality, this includes ourselfs, its really hard to come back to those times where the run was with yourself and we felt progress just by lvling up, or completing that quest, rn most of us will ask, "Is it worth to do it?" Time really feels like is passing faster than ever, even kids barely have time to play, do their homework and go to sleep early so they can go to school the next day, wich btw also explains why ppl exploits any chance they have as most as they can, the progress expectations are higher than ever with the smallest avaib time ppl ever had...

4.-From where ppl get their ideas for changes?.- Mostly from their own experiences, POVs and in some cases from friends POV. And this is absolutely necesary and theres nothing wrong with it. The problem starts when some ppl categorize that as THE truth or THE reality, sometimes backing that up with "I have X years playing" " I have all jobs lvl 200" or "I have x gears", all or this are nice back ups to show experience, but under any circuntance could fit as a prove of reality. As a Drk main i got involved countless times in that hot topic of "Theres, or theres not a difference between using a drk/hero" or wich one is better and i have found several ppl saying oposite things as the ultimate truth, never considering have a bigger sample to see if their personal experience is common or not. Theres several examples of this, someone who visits the forums pretty often would seen everything from "With the recent buffs marksman have overpassed Bms and no one make bms these days" to "Theres no marksman population, theyre just capped Bms, even with the recent buffs". From "Whats up with the new wave of shadowers?" to "No one buys shadower things anymore, theyre a dying class"

Its absolutely necesary to share your toughts in threads like this, but please be careful, specially the veteran players to not share those as an absolute reality. Altought, were all guilty of this at some point, not gonna exclude myself, lets just try to be objective.

OK TLDR.-

-Multiclienting and "high standards" are not problems that have to be solved, those are part of the comunity and the game,we have to work around them

-Be extremely careful with nerfs, even when those make sense.

- Be careful when you take veteran players opinions as an ultimate truth, as sometimes they dont really represent the mass of players or the core/escence of the jobs.

Now my proposals:

CONTENT:

1-Twist a bit some bossing raids to encourage a bit the most underwhelming role: Multitarget. Like adding HP to Zak arms taking a bit of the bodies
    -Either slighty reduce HT heads HP to add it to wings/arms or reduce the % of HP where arms trigger the warning but also reduce the cd between Arms skills to compensate.
    -Change stg 4 of Auf Haven from radom mobs apearing to 2-3 Bosses with a decent amount of HP(taking Hp of other bosses or increasing the final rewrds from Auf to compensate)

2- Add an ingame task to get the nx from voting, i know not everyone is on board with this, but really the ammount of nx influx from ppl who arent really doing anything in game really hurts the economy.

3-Change the way how the game blocks you from keep spamming the same key.- lemme go a bith further in this. I dont really know how its called but we all know the original purpose. You have to be present, dont leave a weight in your keyboard or macrobot. I dont really know how bad is for ranged jobs, but as a melee user this have screwed me A LOT, reposition at some places is not always easy and is speacially frustating when I stop atacking due this-move- position again and find myslef unable to atack again bcs i didnt cast any skill when I moved. How to change it? easy .- Just make us have to use 3 different keys after some time to fill the same purpose. Any suggestion here would be apreciated.

4.- Change Low lvl PQs.- If LHC has proved something for me is that it doesnt matter how benefitial or broken can something be, as long as you need several ppl to do it, that itself will balance it up. Despite it might sound too broken, i really think party play should be more rewrding, nerfing leech is an option, but we all know how that will end, I propose to greatly increase KPQ-LPQ-LMPQ bonus exp instead, and why not, add HP elixirs as an obtainable reward from tokens of teamwork(with a limitation). To be an alternative from leech. To those who will be worried about leech market, dont be, remember, leech is not only the best way to lvl due the speed, it also has(and for me and several ppl is the biggest factor even over the speed) the fact that you dont have to be there.

5.-Idk if it will be VL, or PB, but please one of these has to be a MAYOR challenge, something that needs 15+ good and well equiped players or 8+ perf auf circlet users, it would be good if somehow it promotes job variety, but the most important thing is that shouldnt be something that cant be done with jsut a few ppl, or in an easy way.

6.- Let us cast all skills while on air with the exception of those that will be broken cause of this(cant remember any rn, but i know theres a few that will be broken if theyre avaib to be casted in air)

JOB Changes.-

WARRIOR.-

Increase power stance effectiviness from 90% to 95%
    .- From my personal experience ive found that melees see themselfefs affected more by a single kb than ranged attackers, on paper a guardian warrior user should have the biggest stance rate, but most of us will agree that one gets more confort from a really high avoid thatn stance/guardian itself, heck im pretty used to duo att with both my Drk and my 1h-shield paladin, and i found repositioning my paladin more often than my drk just bcs my drk has around 120 more avoid points than my pally, thats ofc only a personal experience and might be biased, lets just remeber the difference between dodge a hit and just dodge the Kb effect, in term of pot usage and die risk, from my eyes this will trow a bit of fairness for the warrior class.

Hero.-

Increase the action range(down-up) of Brandish skill.

Change Enrage skill and make it a pt Buff.-
    There has been several ideas that might be pretty good as: Make it a STR buff, or give everyone an att buff wih a big CD(pretty much a 2nd echo) but work based only when hero is in pt(not much into this bcs something ill explain later) Make enraged atackers resistant to seduce with a % or make the pt able to bypass reflect, give an small stance chance to everyone in the pt etc. Theres many ideas to make a mediocre skill into A good one

Rage.- Either make it a self buff or NOT TOUCH IT, its been explained why an stackable att 2nd job buff is broken, and doesnt really help heros, just create a a new mule.

Crash.- Just match it with Drks one. Make it the same skill with different looks.

Dark Knight.-

Increase the action Range of Spear Crusher(down and front)

Make Berserk an scaling buff.-
    Its been said that it was imposible due client limitations, but with the new developers there might be a chance of this has changed. Make berserk buff proportional to the % of HP the user has up to 230% at 35% HP left.

Sacrifice.- Make it a 100% slash skill.

Aura of Beholder.- Despite I like the skill as it is and have mastered to become a really usefull one, im pretty much the only one i know that does this, most of Drk users i Know either havent raised a single point of aura or avoid to summon beholder bcs they did added points into this skill. Being survavility one of the problems of many Drks users It woudlt be so bad turn aura in some kind Of Self ressurection big a BIG CD(1-2 hours)

Paladin.-

Uncap Blast(Rebalancing swords a bit)

Fix threaten

Increase the action range of Crash.-
    One of the reasons why pallys crash has such a small range acton is to avoid to be muled, we all know this didnt work as intended, and on top of that hurts the real paladins making them having to stop atacking to move and buff the rest of the Pt every 30 secs.

Archers.-

Bowmaster.-
    The "afk" hurricane thing was indeed broken, but being unable to use their main att skill while changing clients really hurted them... i cant think of a good solution for this, but this is soemthing to take into cnsideration.

Harmstring.- Something that match with the concept of harmstring and gives an small push to this class, make harmstring aside slow down the movement of mobs/bosses delay the cast of their skills by 10%(or increase the CD of those skills by 10%)

Marksman

Blind.- I think Blind buff was a good idea and a step into a good direction, but in my experience the effect is not that noticeable into the main bosses, buff a bit the effectiviness might be the final push this class needs to be competitive.

Snipe.- Change it form an active atacking skill to an active buff where the arrow works like final atack used to, witotuh having to cast anything with no delay(as gaviota) when the skill on.

Mages.-

FIRE/ICE.-
    Theres several good propositions for AMs, i would like to see being iced or burned to have a better effect. Lets say "You need to hit at least the same amount of damage as KB requeriment(to avoid ice/burn mules) to apply this effect: If burned- 20% of mob/boss defense reduced, If froze 20% of mob/boss speed reduced.

Seal.- Just as blind make it work on bosses with a really small chance of activation(1-5%), really short duration(3-5secs), and a Dmg requeriment

This will not make AMs good at bosses or whatsoever, but at least will not be Complete deadweigths there as they are now.

Not much to say about Thiefs or pirates, theres soem good ideas in this same thread, so I wont just copy paste others ideas. Just remember to also be carefull with the buffs where you make any job to be a NEED(as for example paladins, bishops and Bm/MM are now) since its not only the jobs by themselfs, its also about how they play with other jobs AND the pt number limitation. Taking last Year Crash change as an example: It was such a fiasco not bcs it didnt made sense, it totally did, it was bcs, other jobs had a more viable option than rely on Cr, the ones who didnt were indirectly nerfed by this change(all multitarget) and this added a new inconvenience(wich btw persist to this day) a new NEEDED job to Ht for example, making at least for an important boss such as horntail just 3 free slots avaib for any job, the other 3 MUST be an specific role.

A good question to ask b4 any change is: "How would this change affect the job itself, and x?- y?-z? and the relation with y-x-z?

Thank you for trying to keep the server alive by making it better and more balanced, i hope you make the right desitions, best of luck.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    Kheb, icedem0n, snowday and 4 others like this.
  20. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    everyone has good suggestions about the demon skills, but i really think the simplest thing to do is drop the elemental aspect entirely and give demons an ignore x m.def effect for like 10 seconds on bosses and whatever vs normal mobs. much less work, way more simplified, and doesn't secretly buff paladins/sairs which they do not need (which would make mages even more trivialized/exploited)

as i said in my first post i also think the demon effect should also increase your summons damage on magic att lvl, again not elemental, vs normal mobs and a short window vs bosses. simplifies all the element/demon/summon concepts down, which frankly do not work as intended due to the farming and bossing metas

this makes max demon the skill to open mages up to be able to boss better by doing more direct, intended damage with max para/CL, and buffs your max summon damage as well if its active during the demon effects

LichWiz likes this.