In Discussion Content Rose Garden Nerf/Adjustments

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Raimie, Apr 10, 2023.

1. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    am i tripping or did they lower the actual mob spawn rate in the bonus maps? i remember them being far more full when you first enter them...
    now the rate is about the same as the questline map itself

2. HikariNoPuri

HikariNoPuri Donator

Level:
    The initial spawn was maxed out and it has been now set to the regular map spawn. You would still get the current spawn rate after you cleared the bonus map once. No more free bees at the start. This change wasnt listed in the change notes. Im assuming the initial spawn might not have been intended.

3. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

Having run this a few times on my somewhat weak bishop i would like to offer my ideas on how to improve the user experience a bit.
    first off id like to adress the exp change, i went from 36% per rose garden run to a much healthier 15% per run so i think the exp is at a good level now.

now for changes, before i start i think its worth saying i do not think we should add all of the changes i propose as that would put us in a unhealthy spot again.

Start the combined timer when we enter the boss stage, while lowering the combined timer to 35 mins
    this would lower the bonus time loss for less funded players who have to spend more time in stage 1 and 2 and are hit extra hard if their rng is bad while still leaving more funded players largely unaffected.

Guarantee a miniumum of 20 min bonus time
    lower funded players are in a much better place with the hp reduction of the boss from the recent change but lower funded bishops now have to spend 15-20 minutes killing the boss thus eating into their bonus timer severly and making rose garden much less appealing. with a guaranteed 20 minute minimum bonus it will be worth running rose garden for every player no matter their funding.

Revert or reduce the -25% ultimate bee spawn
    bishops and mages have already recieved a 20~50% reduced bonus duration due to the boss having twice the hp and being hit hard from bad rng in stage 1 and 2

Give us the option to teleport to our prefered bonus map or automatically send us to an appropriate map based on our class
    having to run to our prefered map wastes even more of our already reduced bonus duration.

Increase the timer before bees disappear or remove it fully
    running after the bees are just annoying for some classes, while not affecting other classes at all. even the playing field a bit and make it less stressfull for classes with minimal mobility

Reduce the hp of the boss from 40m to 30m for mages (was 20m prior to change)
    15 to 20 minute boss runs wasnt appropriate for dps classes, it shouldnt be considered appropriate for bishops either.

s934, CreamGoddess, Sylafia and 5 others like this.
  4. Pure

Pure Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saturn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Trinity
    Update:

I ran Rose Garden again using banana graham pies for the first couple of stages, then I used Swiss cheese on the boss.

- 23 minutes of bonus room: using banana graham pies

however this time around I had better map control and more telecasting involved.

-Received 27 bees (135m) while using 5 Swiss cheese (10m)

These are drastically differing results from my initial post nerf run (where I received 14 bees).

With that said:

- Due to having a combined timer post nerf, I still believe that the bee despawn timer should be removed, as people won’t want to be multi clienting into RG, or else they lose time on their bonus room. Aside the fact that telecasting is highly important, so if someone wants to multi client and idle cast, let them.

- Boss HP should be lowered to somewhere around 30m-35m

I think with these slight adjustments we could see some more positive results from the playerbase.

Just my 2 cents.

Sylafia likes this.
  5. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    What are your thoughts on doubling bee survival time? I think the content making you hunt for bees is good as an afk checker. And by afk, I mean mindlessly just hitting shit.

Afraid if they remove bee death people will just mine numbingly rotate the map until 30seconds and pickup all their bees. Also bees might count as a mob and contribute to max mob on map, so better they disappear sooner anyways.

Think its cool the content makes you be actively thinking

CodGhost, Rielle, NTR and 5 others like this.
  6. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    I think a lot of the complaints about the bee despawn timer could instead be fixed by doing two things:

1) Reduce the bee move speed. It's pretty much equivalent to the lv 200 mount, which is just insane.
    2) Change the areas bees navigate to. Currently a lot of these areas are awkward spots with no/few mobs (at least in the 3rd map) so you have no reason to go there except bees. Moving these zones to areas with better spawns would make it easier to pick up bees while grinding, so it won't feel as bad.

M1CKY and NTR like this.
  7. Zancks

Zancks Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    Let me give you some details regarding the recent Rose Garden changes. Originally we wanted a place that was good for both attackers and mages but admittedly we didn't want it to outshine other content. Unfortunately nerfs or adjustements, however you wanna call it, had to be made. Take Rose Garden 1.0 as an event. ^_^' We view Rose Garden as a place where everyone can gain some mesos daily naturally limited by the amount of chars you have available for this content unlike multimage farming which is only limited by your own decision. Mages are now more in line with what we had originally envisioned for this content compared to where they were at the release of this content.

The range to interact with souls in Soul's Rest has been increased.
    This is just a little QoL change. Also for the people who still struggle and often open their character info window by clicking on their char, one click on the plant pots and children is enough. You don’t have to double click. We briefly considered allowing npc chat too but it was decided to stick to the click function for the uniqueness of this system.

Mobs inside the Rose Garden have had their exp values reduced.
    To be honest their initial EXP was incorrectly set 3.2 times higher than intended. With the other changes in mind we decided not to reduce it by 3.2 but by 2 times.

Rose Garden Box is no longer rewarded upon completion of The Queen's Bouquet quest.
    King Castle Golem now has a chance of dropping Ifia's Ring, Scrolls for Rings for STR/DEX/INT/LUK 30%, and Return Scroll to Lion King's Castle. The amount of Energizer Drinks dropped from King Castle Golem has been reduced.

Since the overall rewards from Rose Garden were too high we decided to combine and rework the rewards from the box and the King Castle Golem boss. Second thought it was also a bit weird to get rewarded twice for the same task. Most noticeable is the removal of chaos scrolls directly. Luckily you can still obtain them indirectly via the NX and Purification Totems.

Adjusted King Castle Golem's HP to 40,000,000. The boss HP is now the same for all classes.
    With the old boss HP we tried something new - different HP values for mages (20m) and attackers (80m). To be fair we underestimated mages and their boss HP was so low that they had an advantage in killing the boss. Overall we came to the conclusion that we didn’t like how that experiment played out and went back to one boss HP across all classes. While mages have their advantage in stage 1 and stage 2, attackers can now catch up at the boss. Stage 1 and 2 also have a good amount of RNG in them as you can get lucky or unlucky for quests drops but that should even out over time. After all we are playing MapleStory right?

Both the Rose Garden and Bonus stages will now share a 40-minute timer starting from the moment the player enters the solo quest.
    The reason for this change was to reward players for clearing stage 1, stage 2 and killing the boss faster and shorten the overall time one player spends in RG to make channels more available. Reworking the behind the scenes stuff for the timer also fixed a bug where the initial spawn in the bonus map was much higher then intended. We didnt touch the spawnrate globally or anything alike.

Golden Bees will now have a 25% lower spawn rate if more than 80% damage to the mob has been dealt with Meteor Shower, Blizzard, or Genesis.
    First of all, to avoid any rumors. Every mob you kill has a chance to trigger a bee spawn. There is no built in cap or dynamic bee rate.
    During the first weeks of Rose Garden especially mages were able to obtain more mesos than intended. Personally I hoped we didn’t need to add the Ultimate Nerf here, but after all it might be better. If you gear up your mage you should still be able to catch a good amount of bees. An alternative would’ve been to reduce the shiny power etc price, which we didn’t like as catching a bee could‘ve lost its excitement. We’ve seen the requests of an increased bee despawn timer however we currently have no plans of doing that. In fact catching bees is already easier than we intended it to be. Unfortunately we haven’t found a way to make bees not lureable but still catchable.
    Some seem to look at this content purely as „farming“ content saying that mages should be superior compared to attackers. One could also say this is a hybrid content of farming and bossing. Mages excel at farming, IL/FP even more than Bish but those are more useful at bosses. Attackers can’t farm that well but excel at bossing. Maybe with that ultimate nerf mages and attackers get closer together here.

Those were the changes we were able to do without having to release a new patch. As @Rielle mentioned already we will update dialoges and monsterbook stuff next patch. We are also doing some adjustments to the Frozen Rose mob in stage 1.

For now it would be interesting to get more feedback on how long stage 1, stage 2 and the boss takes you as well as your final bee count during the remaining time in bonus.
    Thanks for your feedback thus far!

NasiLemak, Pandora, Tail and 21 others like this.
  8. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    (Note: 1H Flame Sword Main)
    Before Patch:
    Hero: ~27
    Paladin: ~26
    (Mostly never echo'd) Gizer'd everything

After Patch:
    Hero:
    33 (29mins)
    27 (28mins)
    22 (27mins) - unlucky Stg1/2 drops

Paladin:
    24 (28mins) - unlucky Stg1/2 drops
    41 (31mins)

(Echo'd) Warrior Elixir Stg1/2 > Stopper Boss > Gizer bonus
    -----------

I didn't want to do Rose Garden on FP mage after I heard how Mages got gutted in RG, so I didn't want to attempt.

Things I agree with from looking at other's feedback:
    • Longer time before bees expire
    • Making bees automatically chase after you
    • Reduce the hp of the boss from 40m to 30m for mages; was 20m prior to change
    Some things I'd like to see:
    • Boss has Poison/Lightening weakness (for FP / IL users to use their Single target skills to kill boss)
    • Maybe make boss have lower hp for Ranged attackers? (since they get less bees overall anyways; helps Von Leon ranged atker get more time on Energy farming)
    • Make us be able to climb faster (shilling my own thread... I know...)

9. Fill

Fill Well-Known Member

1360 tma bishop. stage 1 and 2 average 2-4 mins each, boss takes 18 mins. average bonus is around 14 mins where i get around 8-12 bees.
    12.3k range dk stage 1 and 2 average 2-3 mins each, boss takes 4-5 mins on apple and bonus is around 32 mins where i get around 25-30 bees

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    NTR likes this.
  10. Kheb

Kheb Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'd like to say that I had been feeling incredibly burned out from this game. I took a break, touched some grass at Falador Square and returned right before RG was added.
    Since RG, I am enjoying playing the game again. I felt having a reason to upgrade my dk with Mw20. Bought new gear for my mage and actually played my mage (for my mage) for the first time in, idk, 3 years or something, I was very hyped and excited to play and go all out on this content.
    Now I can act like I am above human psychology but I am not, loss aversion has definitly struck me. I had been doing Degen IL-Mage LHC exp farming with friends to get our mages up to 170, making a plan to get meso and buy Mage upgrades and now I feel kinda robbed from that, and it sucks.

Regardless, I do very much understand the changes. Both meso and exp were insane. Not having the quest reward box does feel like another punch to the dick, allthough having double rewards from this content is probably a little too much. It was a nice PE farm for my DK while it lasted.
    I have to say that before I had the choice of doing bonus, since I have very limited time (and energy). Choosing not to do bonus and still feeling like my time spend had been worthwhile was something I really liked.
    While I am going to contradict myself here, the 40 minute timer does cut some time out of this content for me. I am doing like 20-25 minute bonus now, and losing those few minutes from this content make it doable for me most days. Also it makes it feel like upgrading my gear pays me back in having more bonus time. I think that is a good thing.
    On the otherside. Before I was doing pre-bonus very chill. Enjoying the content. Having a smoke-break during boss. Now I am 40 minutes of active, go-go-go. Things I like about this game such as chatting with ally, shit talking on smega and trying to negotiate some prices on whisper is now costing me a lot of meso, wich is actually making me enjoy playing the game less. I am not sure what prefer more.

THANK THE LORD FOR BOSS HP-NERF, WHY STOP AT 40M??? CAN WE DO 20M??? PLEASE I GIVE YOU 10 MINUTES OF BONUS FOR IT, IDGAF.

This Boss was Papulatus territory for me. Not afk enough to dual wield Royals and Tinder like Krex is. Slightly less tedious, but takes longer. However also gives more than 350 nx, so it's something I could make myself do, especcially with the rewards that followed (bonus and reward box).
    Anyway, I am very happy with the boss taking less time. Not only for my mental health but also for the limited time I have to play this game.

It might be me, you dont have to give a fuck about this. But everytime I am taking my hands of my keyboard to pick up my mouse because I can only click on something since npc-chat key doesnt work (INTENTIONALLY FFS). I am very annoyed. Like irl all-caps annoyed. I don't care if this makes it feel special or unique, I have no good words to speak about this. It's breaking the flow of my game, I find it very tedious for no reason.
    Yes, thank you for increasing interaction range of the ghosts. If you would like to try out how it feels with even more range, I am not holding you back. You have all the right to experiment, just saying....

Lastly, everyone is talking about class balance, meso farming, inflation, multi-mage farmers ruining the economy, if it's fair or not if the mages take less time to kill a boss in solo content. I do not give a single fuck, I don't care. I was having alot of fun playing this game again, I was very excited for my other characters to gear and level up. Now I am significantly less excited and less enjoying playing the game than a few days ago.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    NasiLemak, LLew, s934 and 5 others like this.
  11. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Akatsuki
    Thank you for this QoL. If you could, please remove the dialogue box of freeing the children. It's an annoyance more than anything else.

It would be nice if you guys could make them walk faster and have lower attack range(projectile range unaffected). It's definitely weird that when aggro'd they try to snipe you a whole screen away with very slow projectiles. (would also be nice to have unrestricted Rush but if its to bring variety in rooms, then nevermind)

I'd be careful when discussing IL/FP vs Bishop. I know there's plenty of people that will argue Bishops have expensive books and thus more expensive but this was argued during the discussions of making Dukus viable. Bishops are essential almost everywhere and can join HT/Auf/VL or even be mules. If Pink Bean or any other big boss comes out, Bishops will always be able to participate. Archmages can't do anything besides farm/mid-level+ leech. People tried to convince Staff to at least make Archmages decent at bossing in Neo Tokyo but that fell through (mainly for FP mains).

12. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    stage 1 : 1~3 minutes
    stage 2 : 1~3 minutes
    stage 3 / boss : 3 mins 40~50 seconds

i did 3 runs so far on my drk, apples + echo from the start of entry til the end.

1st run bee count : 41
    2nd run bee count : 42
    3rd run bee count : 50

upload_2023-5-1_9-55-18.png

CodGhost, nut, Donn1e and 4 others like this.
  13. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    [​IMG]

Kloss, Tail, LichWiz and 6 others like this.
  14. Snuf

Snuf Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SnufTheDit
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    What map do you go for bonus?

15. Green Mind

Green Mind Donator

Sorry Kenny but I tried this and it was a hot (cold?) mess.

Rhino has 456300 HP based on monster book. 40% of that is 182500 (so that's what blizzard should not do more damage than on average, to avoid triggering the nerf following 2 blizzards)

By equipping wand 8 I can handicap blizzard to average below 182500. This is better than removing gear since CL will be boosted too. But I have to cancel echo ~f3 and go in without big potions like pie.

Now that seems trivial but keep in mind there's still 91k+ HP to shave off, and handicapping tma in general makes that take more time.

Big Bang (needs charge and has terrible range): 80k-90k
    Ice Demon first hit (wand 8): just below 30k
    Ifrit: 38k-43k+, high 50k-60k+ with Ice Demon's effect*
    CL: average 48k on first monster
    Ice Strike (wand 8): less than Ice Demon
    * Ice Demon and 1 hit from Ifrit after is not enough to cover the residual HP

Notes:
    1) Equipping wand 8 weakens Ice Strike which had the more relevant hitbox in most situations, so I need to waste time casting it 4 or so times vs 3?. I could have moved to another section instead.
    2) In many cases, other platforms just require too much climbing time to reach to hit with things that aren't blizzard.
    3) Left platform group is the only one where the suggested strategy kind of works, because you can freely teleport down to hit bottom floor and go back up without having to climb again.
    4) When using ulti in bonus, you usually get more rhinos coming in or spawning into the ulti's hitbox. E.g. you can be hitting 5, then maybe 2 more spawn on a platform, one walks in from bottom, etc. Obviously it's not worth stopping and circling to kill rhinos from earlier spawn if this happens.

By trying to go out of the way to kill rhinos after 2 blizzards (though for some platforms like mid I just used normal blizzard because it's not worth climbing), I ended up with 25 bees /26 min 30 s (I pied in boss with echo) which is below what I have been getting just using wand 7 as normal (28/24min (gizer) or 32/26min (pie) so far).

So maybe I should equip wand 8 and just finish off the ones nearby if possible after 2 blizzards... and still the benefit is probably minimal since only 2-3 near you per group will be spared the nerf. :X And you have to kill the nearby rhinos before using the 3rd blizzard to kill the ones that are on platforms too far away, making you potentially late to next spawn.

Solitary bottom rhinos can be aggroed with Ice Demon, where the DOT can take them out of nerf range given enough (a lot...) of time, but I was already doing that with wand 7. Ice Demon also has that weird property where they sit there for a few seconds before chasing you.

Also this is definitely not feasible for FP in room 1 with the platforms being so far apart and explosion being slow as hell. Maybe they can mist in room 3, not sure as I haven't tried as I want more TMA (levels) on FP. And as everyone has mentioned Bishops are N/A.

I took screenshots but realized they are horrible (didn't take NX cover off my wand 8, didn't show I canceled echo and pie following boss, and I covered powder count with cursor though you can see the net difference at bottom right). But honestly what I described should be pretty obvious based on layout.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    NTR and Sylafia like this.
  16. Sylafia

Sylafia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sylafia
    Level:
    Guild:
    FlatEarth
    The 25% nerf for mages is entirely unnecessary. This *is* farming content, and the shared timer with boss HP buff is already enough to keep mages in check. I've said before, but my bishop is now getting entirely outclassed by my paladin.

Here you say "Attackers can’t farm that well but excel at bossing. Maybe with that ultimate nerf mages and attackers get closer together here." Do you mean that attackers are intentionally getting buffed at farming? If so, does this mean mages can finally have a buff for bossing? Or any reason at all for mage mains to not just quit since they seem to be hated by the entire dev/balance team?

Yeah bishops can kind of join some bosses, but outside of Von Leon where muling isn't possible there's really no reason to ever take a mage main instead of a mule, unless they're a friend you're taking along to be nice. Bishop support just isn't engaging enough to require an active player, since it's pretty much: cast hs, cast holy shield, have ress in case something goes wrong.

Daisies, Kung, NTR and 1 other person like this.
  17. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    1st map, i tried 2nd map / 3rd map prior to rose garden change, i always got better yield from 1st map

CodGhost, NTR and Snuf like this.
  18. TWBlueBear

TWBlueBear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    RG is good and friendly for newplayer,who almost build mage first.
    Newplayer need to spend many ~mesosto build hp wash attacher.
    RG is more interesting than sell leech and farm ulu.
    Now RG nerf. Newplayer go back to boring leech and farm ulu.Feel cut out of all the fun :donke:.
    Poor mage can't enjoy bossing to get~mesos~mesos

LichWiz, LLew, EivenOwo and 2 others like this.
  19. Pure

Pure Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saturn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Trinity
    Life Update:

I haven't smoked dab's in a hot minute. I got a dab pen tonight. Yea. Nuff said so

- High as a kite

I made a record-breaking 15 golden bees stoned as a mfker

That's not bad.

I beat myself when I was sober.

GG.

More results tomorrow...

Edit:

I had 20 minutes of bonus room time. But the bee despawn wrecked me, no joke ngl lol.

Please extend it or remove it QQ

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    NasiLemak, GunzGaming and Neried56 like this.
  20. bish

bish Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Please increase the equipment drop rate from King Castle Golem. I run RG daily on 1 character and only get rose earrings(Equipment). Didn't got any Ifia earrings.(At least 10+ RG run)

And you remove the possibility of getting a cs and reward box. Even though you make the reward in the box dropped by King Castle Golem(Ring, Scrolls), but the boss NEVER dropped these items. For me.

Am I unlucky?