How do you feel about the nerf to summon farming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akash, Dec 13, 2018.

?

Do you like the fact that pets can no longer loot items from monsters killed by summons?

1. yes

173 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. no

162 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. EeveeTheFox

EeveeTheFox Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EeveeTheFoxX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Liquorstore
    Its more of the "I don't like this because it makes my life harder" thing. As well as it not being transparent that this will be a change brought about in the new patch as all other changes have been talked about EXTENSIVELY.

2. PerfectSin

PerfectSin Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CrticalError
    Level:
    Guild:
    Cloudy
    I don't really care one way or another about the summon farming situation. I just think the staff who are making these decisions need to realize, that you don't implement something like this without the SOLUTION being implemented as well. I was in the military for 6 years, and when we encounter problems, we don't just go to the platoon sergeant without first taking into consideration, and coming up with a solution to the problem first. Sure you say you are going to implement things to alleviate the fact that nobody but the die hards will summon farm anymore, but the truth is, you haven't implemented them yet and its by far even more ridiculous suggesting the changes are coming #SoonTM.

Remove the problem + Implement the fix at the same time in the future. Just my logic as to how I fix problems.

Johnny, Alpine, Tardex and 2 others like this.
  3. tazan

tazan Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    kind of a minor annoyance to archers like what if im grinding on another map besides voodoos
    or does no one do that anymore

4. Fr0zen

Fr0zen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    i want the nerf to be on wing boots instead tho
    i dont mind dragging my pet to loot at leprechauns, but i really dont want to pick up 10 dark engrits + green bandanas n red moon shoes -.-'
    item ignore buff plz

Trunks, Hampa and nyannko777 like this.
  5. Frozen

Frozen Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Frozen
    im glad they made this change. "afk" farming is botting, you're not playing the game at all when you do this..

Trunks, TheKing, MaiAh and 4 others like this.
  6. MoriForest

MoriForest Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Should have been implemented sooner tbh. The idea of having more than a few clients open and afk collecting income for you is terrible. Then again this won't deter people from afk farming; it is still feasible but only with a few clients cause otherwise it would be too annoying or inefficient at all. RIP to those who are hardcore farmers with more than 17854193123 clients open (looking at you @iSaind )

ginwolf, Johnny, x3heybee and 12 others like this.
  7. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    but this change undoubtedly makes a lot of stopper farmers stop farming. isnt tat reducing the market supply?

and with regards the more balances and changes thingy, why is it that those weren't implemented first? if those balances are gonna replace the stopper afk farmers, wouldn't it have been a better idea to implement them first, then remove the afk farmers? suddenly making the main source of stoppers way harder and giving us no other alternative is kinda a bad thing no?

8. iSaind

iSaind Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSaind
    Level:
    Guild:
    SaindArmy
    @MoriForest dont worry there is still the way to sell leech on my AM or bishop to make money. Although now the project is rip. Which is sadly my dream was to have 16 Farmers constantly farming. And to those who are thinking thats AFK farming. WITH 16 CLIENTS its not afk farming anymore. It is a challenge :D. Time to sell leech i guess ? Or the best is 3 farmers and selling leech... well though you need to move now and check everytime if hs has dropped hmmm

Mrkaren, Chiffon, x3heybee and 2 others like this.
  9. carrot

carrot Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Blank
    Level:
    Instead of doing this nerf thingy (summoning won't allow pet to loot the drops). Better of create a feature like

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/implement-lie-detector-to-address-botting.122891/

If it the reason of addressing player who bot. Implement something like Captcha within 3 - 5 mins for afk farmers prevent them from botting and not nerfing the summoning attacks which prevent pet from looting the drops of it which is part of the game features..

We need more buff in the game and not kept nerf the game features.. If wanna nerf, buff something else which allows players to generate messo while they do their work or study, not all player have time to actively grind all the time..

Some people enjoy the afk farm

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    jaydenlim, Hampa, iSaind and 2 others like this.
  10. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    am glad this is first step that needed in royal and they finaly did it !
    i tho there is no hope in royal i mentiond this kind of farming as bad for a while
    stop abuse multiclienting [alt tab summon click] farming
    let's legit farm and be in front of the "client screen" bring old nostalgic farming
    not royal multiclient legit "botting"

i think it was about time when someone crazy enough make 40 clients and ruin 2 best farming spot with just [alt tab summon click] "afking"

i hope afk farming aspect to stop fully one day =[

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    TheKing, Vinilos, sids and 7 others like this.
  11. Nostalgia123

Nostalgia123 Donator

Country Flag:
    Afaik There are two viables way to farm etc/meso in royal. Sell leech and farm hs/ores/tooth/charm etc. (Besides chaosing eq)
    With the increase restriction in passive afk farming, there will probably be a transition from passive farming to leech seller. So farming etc will see an increase in price.
    Current players will probably not create any new farming mules now. This means that there is less people buying leech. Only new players(standard mags route for new player) and new attackers form the supply for buying leech. A reduction in people buying leech and an increase in people selling leech means that the leech price will drop.
    Low level leech.
    With many new pqs, new players (probably mages) will not buy leech but do pqs.
    Low level bs will cater only for new hp washing attacker.
    Ulu skele petri
    Farmers will probably shift to selling leech. Supply is still questionable because it is seasonal.

So after peak season, there will be drastic change to leeching scenario. Definitely there will be less people in royal and maybe some leech sellers are still present. There is not enough demand so the economy will be screwed up.
    But maybe price of hs will increase to the point where it is viable for farmers to farm.
    Maybe i am wrong so please educate me if so

nyannko777 likes this.
  12. Foxshiro

Foxshiro Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Foxshiro
    Level:
    Ultimately, it's the staff's decision in the end, whether they "run it by" the community or not. The community would have a lot of one-sided bias based off what favors them the most. The staff made a decision with, hopefully, the future of the server in mind. It's not like this decision is irreversible. If things don't work out, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it.

Catalyst likes this.
  13. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    I think its a pretty interesting idea to reduce this lame afk playing attitude and hopefully this will lead people to go back to actually playing this nostalgic game instead of pointlessly accumulating goods for no reason.
    I would rather have to loot summon kills manually than having the whole server die off due to the fact that the only purpose of playing this game is getting virtual money.

Vinilos, MaiAh and Frozen like this.
  14. iSaind

iSaind Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iSaind
    Level:
    Guild:
    SaindArmy
    A suggestion or a compromise between hardcore Farmers who invested alot of time raising up mules ( thats also effort) would be:

-! if Heartstopper be completly gone of the game!

That way you can farm atleast ETCS or something else.

And if gold Tooths is also a problem because of massive farm there, then make it sorta not pet loot able

In my opinion that what I though for a good while since new source release that this COULD happen, but not the other way around -.-'.

My last words on it for this subject ^

jaydenlim likes this.
  15. Ruvx

Ruvx Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ruvx
    Hehe.

16. OrcaGel

OrcaGel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    crocogator
    Level:
    Was hoping autohpmp would be hurt as well.

17. Glowy

Glowy Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nocturnal
    finally we can see the true amount players in royal!

Catalyst, jaydenlim, Vinilos and 9 others like this.
  18. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    It seems bad, now that it got nerfed the stopper prices got crazy high and apples got higher too. This makes it that the cost of potions in HT would be similar to the reward from split and give you less incentive to make runs since you'd get no profit. This will further encourage you to sell leech instead, especially now with the event favoring high spawn maps to get snow/stars/pigs

19. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Prepare to observe the lowest playcount in royal christmas history.

jaydenlim, GrEEeNN, Chiffon and 3 others like this.
  20. Nessi

Nessi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LuckyLook
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Fryslan
    Or , the prices will be adjusted accordingly like an healthy market

ginwolf, Mrkaren, Aerith and 10 others like this.