Auf haven: allow non nls/warriors to hit while in 'air'

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Geyforlife, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    Archers, shadowers, corsairs, mages are unable to use their skills while they aren't on platform. In contrast, night lords and warriors are able to hit while in "air".

Not only does this give the nls flexibility to hit auf haven, it also gives them the advantage of not being stuck in midair after a knockback.

I think it's rather unfair that some classes are forced to fight on the platforms rather than on midair. I understand that this might not have been an intended design to benefit certain classes and hence, am making this feedback thread to highlight the issue.

EDIT: while I'm on it, I also like to thank the admins for implementing neo Tokyo. I especially like how the current meta for auf haven encourages more diversity other than just NLs.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    yann, Oppoisme, iSlayDogs and 11 others like this.
  2. Andreas

Andreas Donator

IGN:
    Egonic
    Level:
    19x
    We are definitely aware of this problem, and saw what a pain it was to some classes after spectacting a couple of runs.
    Some progress has been made to resolve this, however it currently doesn't cover all mentioned classes and their skills, and due to it being a client limitation we are still investigating what we can actually do there.

FuminoAya, A l l a n, rLink and 6 others like this.
  3. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Unintended buff to classes in aqua road hype :o

Hamburg likes this.
  4. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Aqua Road is actually classed as Swimming, whereas the Auf Haven map is Flying, which actually has more similarities to Jumping... So the changes may allow certain skills to be done while Jumping, but we are still looking into it.

5. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe
    B> Low lvl leech seller must do flying tc and backflips

Noee, Johnny, MoriForest and 4 others like this.
  6. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

It'd be like an early christmas present being able to cast Assassinate and Boomerang Step mid air.. :love:

I can only agree, it was terrible having to touch the ground after every attack at Auf Haven as a Shadower.

No seriously it'd be awesome,If it's possible to implement.

MSdrawman likes this.
  7. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    just a thought but would many small platforms in the middle of the map help? ~f6

8. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    They will end up swallowing most of the arrows shot by archers and stars by NLs.

ginwolf, PaddysPub, Jimmers and 2 others like this.
  9. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

Hi, unfortunately no.
    Imagine having many many many small platforms crowded on each other, you'd still have to Jump + Arrow Key down to land on one of them to be able to cast your 2nd attack combo, after each attack combo.

Now if we take that thought a step further, what would happen if we would place an infinite amount of infinitesimally small platforms on the map?

Correct, you'd end up with being able to attack whenever possible, without having to "actively" land on a platform since you are on one of them every single time. Now if we make those platforms invisible you'd have the attack mid air possibility for all classes, however, it'd still block arrows,stars, missiles and probably even fire arrows etc. from ranged characters. Just like @sparky95 said.

@camello had a hard time as MM at Auf Haven too. It lowers their DPS immensely considering they have to touch the ground to cast their next Strafe. Don't forget, that when you take dmg you slightly get lifted from the ground, having to "float/fly" back down to be able to attack again.

Sooo, if it's possible i think most would prefer an indirect "buff" change making characters able to cast their spells mid-air..

camello and Tect like this.
  10. LichWiz

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    It would also make it impossible to travel down, every time you do a down jump, you will just end up one step lower in a stairway of infinite steps f3, so even in theory this solution is useless :xD:

<digression>
    Fun fact, downjump works a bit weirdly with two platforms that are too close together. Down jump allows you to only go through the platform you jumped from, and end once you land on another platform. But because down jump does a tiny hop before dropping, you can actually land on a platform that is right above it, leading to you not being able to drop down and instead of getting stuck in a down jump loop between the platforms.
    </digression>

FuminoAya likes this.
  11. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe
    Is this the reason people didn't down jump in lpq?

In the boxes part where you need to get the right combination

12. LichWiz

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    As far as i remember, in LPQ the distance between the boxes is enough to do the jumpdown without encountering the bug i mentioned above. People don't like to jump there because you end up jumping two boxes high, while you only wanted to stand on the lowest box. so a common way of moving between the lower boxes is jump then walk diagonally to fall to the next box.
    I'm talking about realllly close platforms, like there are places where there are steps that are very close to the ground, and if you try to do downjump from the ground below the steps, you jump unto the steps, and if you drop from the steps, you go back to the ground.

FuminoAya and Hamburg like this.
  13. KANGOL

KANGOL Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    kangol
    Level:
    non
    funny thing here, archer also magician can do use skill with jumping at the same time, but i think it is accepted as a using skill in the ground to the royals system.
    it is pretty hard to command both keys, skill and jump, anyway this is my personal idea

14. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    You are probably referring to hurricane or genesis that can be used with the jump if timed correctly. This is most likely caused by delays (similar to telecast concept). But, none of those classes can use the core att skills while they are falling after a down jump which proves that they are vulnerable in air.

15. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Aqua Road Swim system in Auf Boss room map, Lower overall speed on all characters while on swim is probably what i believe most players are looking for.

————

Meanwhile from what i recall in Official Servers. Auf is an Un-Rushable boss. But in royals, it can be rushed, cockscrew blow, etc. therefore spamming these rush skills on auf, keep it continuously in “the push back motion” makes it unable to cast skills, making it pretty easy to be killed.

Whats the mechanics we have now from my observation is when knocked back a player from will not be pushed into a flying state, and therefore requires the warrior to ground before rush is available to used again.
    Therefore unable to be continuously used and abused.

Imagine this but u can continously rush midair.
    [​IMG]

Before making adjustments to Auf Haven, I sincerely hope that this questionable abusable mechanic could be placed into consideration.

I will not be suprised if most players just bring their supportive rush warrior mule + Se Mule and their NLs to solo this exciting End game Attraction.

I hope it can remain as challenging, teamplay required boss as it currently is.

@Matt

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Charu, Jesseh and FuminoAya like this.
  16. KANGOL

KANGOL Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    kangol
    Level:
    non
    I meant archer's double shot or magician's magic claw lol anyway you right, those classes skill's attribute is definitely different from nl or warriors' in terms of using skill in the air

FuminoAya likes this.
  17. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    I agree. Maybe what should be done instead is to remove nl/warrior ability to hit in 'air' while in auf haven boss room.

18. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Removing NL ability to hit in ‘air’ is questionable. Making all balanced, yes. Making the boss more difficult, yea too.

Infact making Body 1 / Summoned Auf haven actually challenging due to its flight potential.
    As of now the most effective way to deal with them is by using Nightlords while unflight classes such as ur warriors/se/sairs continue to shut and control the main boss.

Charu and Jesseh like this.
  19. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    What i personally feel is if Auf is adjusted into an Un-Rushable monster, allowing all classes to hit and kite the boss midair might retain its challenging aspect while comfort of all classes available in Mapleroyals.
    Player will actually have to stay at the right side of the boss to refrain getting seduced into body. Or time seduce and fly upwards immediately.

Boss’s mini aufs will actually be required to kill as 8k touch while seduce and including zombify is pretty deadly.

Boss skill used such as dispel, genesis and sword slash skill will be alot more frequent compared to now as rush spam will not be available. Forcing players that are above auf to either run away, darksight, or take a head on a stun along with a 24k touch damage.

Maximising Darksight & HB, including moving around the map will actually be important skillsets in auf

Meanwhile of course I personally enjoy difficulty and teamplay required content,
    a good percentage of players enjoy 1 button stress free bosses might differ.
    Therefore i can confidently say that this suggested that i’ve made above might not be popular.

Charu, Jesseh, Hamburg and 1 other person like this.
  20. FuminoAya

FuminoAya Donator

Did only Sair recieve the indirect buff being able to attack while mid-air in the Auf Haven Map?

#riot :'(

NTR, Geyforlife and Jooon like this.