Suggestion to make DrKs more relevant (DrKs have been buffed, irrelevant post)

Discussion in 'Closed' started by doronos, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doronos

doronos Well-Known Member

DrKs have been buffed. My suggestion is irrelevant. Thanks for listening, and participating in this thread.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    BassControl likes this.
  2. Gale

Gale Donator

Country Flag:
    If DKs can zerk without repercussions, heros will be obsolete since DKs have HB and slightly higher DPS than hero with zerk on. I think a better way of balancing is to increase the hp required to activate zerk from 50% to maybe 65% to give higher survivability while not allowing DKs to zerk freely.

LimeOnyx likes this.
  3. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    The only thing that makes dks unique is their interaction and risk taking with HP. By making zerk a buff, you take that entire gameplay out of them, and remove challenge. Same goes for increasing max hp.
    I think that the only reasonable buff to dks would be to look into high damage dealing bosses and tweak their damage to not hit over 15k in situations that are mostly unavoidable for a dk / bosses which spam dispell aggressively. But other than auf haven and anego slap, i cant think of many situations like the ones i've described.

Tsue likes this.
  4. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    making zerk hv an effect to half all damage taken seems like a great idea to tank tail in ht >:D

5. doronos

Hero's damage is higher.

If by "unique" u mean unable to go to end-game bosses just because of their design then who even wants that? And what is their "Gameplay" choosing the right potion to give their pet to use?
    They are just "outdated" when their zerk combo with HB was released there was no drk in global reaching 30k HP, and no monster dealt more than half their HP. in this mixture of versions we got to a point where some monsters can kill the DrK if they try to zerk. (No zerk = HALF THE DAMAGE it's INSANE amount). I'm just saying that if the game is releasing stronger bosses it should also take into account that it should give the players fair chance to beat them, and not throw all the classes that aren't 30K hp washed NLs into "mules" category.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    EvilReaperZ likes this.
  6. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Absoloot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    Imo that ruins their risk/reward dynamic which defines their playstyle. Then again royals completely changed assassinate, and super transformation... l have a lot of suggestions for drks in my warrior feedback thread, check it out and add some thoughts:

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/general-warrior-feedback-useless-skills.160831/

Hb makes them plenty relevant and they maintain a strong presence with zerk. I think some minor stuff would help them, like making sacrifice more relevant, or having dragon's blood increase str instead of weapon attack, or have berserk scale, instead of only starting at 50%

Enhanced and doronos like this.
  7. doronos

I really feel that if someone asked me if he should play drk, I'd answer him that it's a very outdated class that was good 60 patches ago. Because every strong end-game attacker already washing to 20k+ HP (so HB attacker only benefit noobs) and have HB mule, Heroes naturally have higher damage, and almost any other attacker is now stronger than DrKs that are completely left behind. The fact that they can't zerk at end game bosses (bosses that were released after a certain patch aren't good to hunt with drk, and for older bosses he just don't do much dmg).

rubbadub likes this.
  8. leopig

leopig Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    INXKlDs
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degeneracy
    It it great idea, now dk is totally a mule role in end game boss D:

doronos likes this.
  9. kyoko3102

kyoko3102 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    The only end game boss that drk cant do PROPERLY is auf imo. Just like everybody said, HP is a problem that EVERY CLASS can solve given enough $$ to wash. However, Berserk HP threshold is the barrier that cannot be breached just like the speed of light in this universe. So in auf or PB, drks are always be HB mule (even in GMS/JMS i played).

By the way, increasing achilles % in drk seem liek a good idea as low level drks arent affected.

Cooler likes this.
  10. Fr0zen

Fr0zen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    how to break the game: just need to raise the hp cap ;)
    (watch everybody rush to remake their characters)

19921224 likes this.
  11. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
  12. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    Auf touch damage is now around 16k for non warriors, pretty sure it's less than 15k with power guard and achilles.

I can imagine a buff to ski's attack speed, from 6->5 would be a meaningful buff without creating big changes to each job's relative standing

Comrade, GriZ and Tsue like this.
  13. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    i didnt add pg on my drk :(

14. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    I think the problem with Drk is that there isn't really a risk/reward? there is just risk lol
    I mean corsair is difficult to play but in exchange you get the highest dps in the game, drk is only around the same dps like hero (it's actually weaker when you got no buffs or only 1 buff) and they only thing you have is HB I guess (which isn't that useful cause most people wash)

I think a good idea is to actually make zerk harder (like 30-35% hp) but buff it's damage to 250%. This will make Drks be able to compete with NLs/Corsairs in DPS but also give you some serious challenge

Kung, Newo, Relmy and 5 others like this.
  15. Geyforlife

Geyforlife Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    This is rather interesting. My thoughts on this would be that this would make drks seriously broken at some content (HT, cwk, scarga,Zak,...).

Adding on this idea, perhaps we could have berserk scale with hp remaining? Like maybe 190%-239%(or maybe less?) from 50% hp to 1%? Would be a really fun mechanic. :o

RonJJ, Goji and Tect like this.
  16. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KnightFrog
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    What if you made zerk give like 1.5% damage for each % missing (or 15% for each 10%)? Like even if you had 60% HP you could still zerk but you won't gain much damage (only 60% more) but if you had like 20% you'd gain 120% more which is quite powerful. Not sure how will you code this though

OldOwl and Elie like this.
  17. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Bad idea because Drks can solo BF with 1 HP, stay at 4k HP in zakum, and even lower in Krex etc.

I still propose reverting zerk back to 40% but allow beholder hex buff att to stack with att pots.

Kung, Surfero, Comrade and 1 other person like this.
  18. Chonky

Chonky Donator

Doesn't this just make the original issue worse, which is that Drk cannot zerk for many endgame bosses due to the high damage?

Just make zerk scale with +20% damage per 10% hp, and limit it to a max of +100% damage at 50% hp. Easy fix, doesn't affect overall balance of classes, and allows Drk to fight high damage bosses without losing 50% of their damage.

RonJJ, smileycat, bacondagger and 3 others like this.
  19. kyoko3102

kyoko3102 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    we are missing the point guys, TS proposes to improve DK so that DK can deal its FULL DAMAGE even in end game boss

20. Fr0zen

Fr0zen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    same i would rather see the damage along those lines
    maybe using (max hp/current hp)% damage, with a upper limit of 200% damage (same as the current 50% trigger giving 200% damage)
    this will instead will have a smooth damage scaling from 50%~100% hp

really hate it when the damage suddenly cuts when i accidentally sneezed on 1 too many potions and i end up at 15.2k hp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.