Game Challenge: Ironman Mode (Solo, DIY - No Trading)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PaddysPub, Nov 4, 2015.

1. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    I have a gunslinger as well, its a veeeeery slow start >.>
    [and that gunslinger is effectively inactive cause i have enough characters to deal with as is ;)]

2. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    15 att shield.JPG

And look what we have here. I'm so happy this shield turned out the way it did. 3 30% and 3 60% successes. I don't think I'll get a better one than this.

ardetor, Dodge, Tect and 3 others like this.
  3. ardetor

ardetor Active Member

3rd job!!!

Got real lucky/unlucky with equip drops (8str/0dex purple cast linen, 8str/0dex brown double boots o___O) and managed to scrape together enough STR to equip my Abyss Shooter :)

Range jumped from 460-825 to 621 - 1098! watch out, zakum

Germy, LichWiz and Yiks like this.
  4. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    I'd like to get you in the guild asap, since you shouldn't be in a normal guild. Let me know if you're online right now, and I can jump on and invite you.

5. ardetor

ardetor Active Member

I'm online right now and for the next few hours!

(I tried /find-ing the 4 names listed on the first page without luck for a few days :/ So I joined the guild my main is on.)

LichWiz likes this.
  6. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Yeah, TheTrashman is my character, but I should really just link my forum account to get PM's regarding it considering I haven't played on him in a while.

7. ardetor

ardetor Active Member

I'm online now, if this is a good time for you!

8. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    I'll be online in about 15 mins. IGN is ArcticEdge

ardetor likes this.
  9. NoCake4U

NoCake4U Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Joining ironmen

IGN : IronAid

LichWiz and Yiks like this.
  10. Yiks

Yiks Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Yiks
    Level:
    Welcome! Are you online now - I can add you :)

11. NoCake4U

NoCake4U Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yep im online rn

12. Yiks

Yiks Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Yiks
    Level:
    Added! Feel free to join our Discord, link in the Guild BBS :)

13. Ming2284

Ming2284 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    hey, would like to join the challenge as well.
    IGN: IronBored

LichWiz and Yiks like this.
  14. Yiks

Yiks Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Yiks
    Level:
    Hi would be glad to have you! When can you come online? :)

15. Ming2284

Ming2284 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'm on now

16. Yiks

Yiks Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Yiks
    Level:
    Added! Not many BMs among Ironmen I think, haha

17. bobdanoob

bobdanoob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EliteNoob
    Level:
    Guild:
    Weebs
    I took a long break from my ironman account but I'm finally back. I'm planning on making two different posts, but this post is going to focus on what I last did on my ironman before I took a 5 month break.
    In my last post I made it my goal to solo Krexel and Zakum to obtain an Almighty ring and Zakum Helmet.

I completed my first Krexel solo run at level 138. It took about 2 and a half hours with gelts, and I had to solo it without TT20 because there were no Ironman around with a tt20 skillbook. Using TT10 and gelts was enough to get the job done, getting me a decent first Almighty ring. I don't remember how many throwing stars I used to complete the run, but I'm pretty sure it was around 25 sets of throwing stars. I only had Shadow Stars at level 1 since I was pretty low level, so I'm pretty sure I used my Cilbi/hwabis and then a couple steely sets at the end. Overall, soloing Krexel was my biggest achievement at the time, and I was glad it was over. However, Krexel is a really easy boss to kill. Aside from the fact it has 500m HP total, all you do is stand still the entire time. The real challenges are starting to come.

[​IMG]

The next boss up is Zakum. Before doing Zakum, I wanted to get myself TT20 through the group zakum runs us ironman occasionally do to unlock certain skillbooks. Without a doubt I could've done Zakum with TT10, but I only had roughly 8-10 gelts left at the time, so I wanted to maximize my dps. An Ironman player named IronNacht obtained a TT20 skillbook at some point, and ended up letting me have it, and it passed.

[​IMG]

Now that TT20 has been unlocked, and I've grinded to level 140, it's time for me to do my Zakum run. The first Night Lord to solo Zakum was Jigger, and it ended up taking him a little over 6 hours to complete the run. The main reason for this was because Zakum spawns a lot of mobs during his body phases, making it hard for Night Lords to focus on damage. A way to avoid having to deal with the mobs during Zakum is to let Zakum run out of MP so he can't summon any more mobs. In addition to the large amount of mobs spawned by Zakum, Zakum loves putting weapon cancel on so you can't damage him very often. Since Night Lords are limited on throwing stars, a long term fight won't go well once you run out of throwing stars. I didn't want to spend 6 hours on Zakum, so I decided to stock up on throwing stars and potions beforehand. Coming into the run I had 1 Cilbi set, 24 Hwabi sets, and roughly 25 Steely sets(not sure if it was 20 or 25 sets, but it was around there). I'd have enough throwing stars for about 5 hours, and I was hoping this would be enough. The first half of Zakum is his Arms. The arms are pretty much the same deal as Krexel, stand still and attack until they're all dead. I think each arm took around 10-15 minutes to kill, so roughly 80-90 minutes total. I ended up getting to level 141 during the arms. At that point in the run, I was expecting the body to take 2 hours. The hardest part about Zakum for a Night Lord at a low level is the mobs. Zakum loves spawning mobs. It felt like he spawned thousands of minions during the run. Most of them fly up to the top corners, but some come down to the bottom left and get in your way. A Night Lord's biggest weakness is when a mob gets in their face. Unless you have Ninja Storm, you won't be able to push the mob back, and in Zakum's Altar, you don't have room to run around and flash jump. I had Ninja Storm level 1, but of course it wasn't enough. For one, the skill only has a 42% chance of activating, meaning you might have to use the skill 4 or 5 times to get a mob pushed back, and sometimes when you use the skill, you end up aggroing more mobs than you already had on you. Another useful tool Night Lords have is a first job skill called Disorder. Overall, the skill is pretty much useless, but, if you punch a mob with it, it makes them lose aggro on you, allowing you to either finish the mob when it starts running away, or simply continue focusing on Zakum's body until another annoying minion gets in the way. Eventually, I got to the third body of Zakum, and was starting to run low on throwing stars. In the middle of the third body, I decided to wait for Zakum to run out of MP. The amount of mobs he was spawning was getting ridiculous, and I only had 1 or 2 gelts left at the time. Once Zakum's body runs out of MP, it's pretty much the same fight as Krexel, spam TT until he dies.

[​IMG]

My Zakum run was just shy of 4 hours. If I had more gelts and throwing stars, I probably would've committed to spamming TT throughout the body instead of waiting for him to run out of MP. The main loot from Zakum was Berserk 20, 4 Zhelms, and 5350nx. I was looking for a decent dex Zhelm, and if possible, some nice luk as well. I ended up getting a 17 dex 13 luk clean helm on my third loot, so I decided to scroll it. I ended up getting the helm to 33dex, which was really nice. Dex is extremely important for me, especially since I want to go dexless in the future. With my Zhelm obtained, I'm getting closer to being dexless.

[​IMG]

The only other thing I have to discuss is the first thing I did when I came back to my account. I ended up gaching until I could make two Stormcaster Gloves, and was hoping to get myself a 13 or 15 att glove to improve my range. Instead, I blew up one glove, and made a second 11 att glove. Kind of sucked, but with the anniversary event around, maybe I can get lucky and get a few event gfa scrolls to obtain my 15att scg.

[​IMG]

I'm glad I'm getting back into this gamemode again. I don't have any more screenshots ready right now, but I've made a lot of progress since I came back. As a matter of fact, after this maintenance is over, I'm planning on getting level 150. Making updates on this post kind of motivates me to play this mode, since it lets me look back at all the progress I've made. It's crazy to see all the progress I've made, especially since it's all been accomplished by myself, asides from unlocking TT10 via group iron zakum runs, as well as TT20.

Toad, oR11, Gert and 14 others like this.
  18. Wonderstruck

Wonderstruck Donator

Very nice read. I have some questions.

Could you let us know your potions used for 2.5h krex and 4h zakum?

Do you mind sharing your ironman equips and how to obtain them as well as attack range?

19. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    DeeReynolds
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    He was using gelts throughout those two runs by the way, if you didn't see in the screenshots, so that's an extra 120 att right off the bat.

20. Shungers

Shungers Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IronShungers
    I am a cool new ironman and I'd like to join the guild. My IGN is IronShungers.

Gert, Joong, Yiks and 2 others like this.