Game Challenge: Ironman Mode (Solo, DIY - No Trading)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PaddysPub, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe
    Opened another char, i ist possible to add my 2nd char aswell to the guild?(I'm in the 2nd guild but thats cool)
    (with L) lronHamburg

LichWiz likes this.
  2. Samadhi

Samadhi Donator

IGN:
    Samadhi
    Guild:
    Ironman
    It's been a while since I wrote something here.
    I have been largely inactive, and, simply put, there was not much to report on (my last progress update, almost exactly from two years ago, is eloquent enough).
    However, today I feel sentimental because it is a special day: today is the Ironman Challenge 4th Anniversary!

First, let's get a small progress update out of the way:

There's not much to say. Since my last post in 2017, I have gained a whopping three levels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New entry: +15 att SCG, with the help of a bunch of White Scrolls. There's also a hefty Blue Belt from Dojo, that I should upgrade some day.
    All my timid attempts to get a better weapon dissolved in a RNGfart. It is enough to say that my last two dragon weapon crafts were both perfect gimps.

[​IMG]

Furthermore, I haven't been able to grab a Zakum helmet, mostly due to disconnection issues getting in the way of my solos at some point or another.

Anyway! After 4 years of Slash Blast, yesterday I finally acquired my ACB after a lucky guild run!
    As a bonus, I eventually passed a Heaven's Hammer 20 after failing it twice in the course of my Ironman career. Morlune refused to take it for himself, as he's following a Zakum solo-only path for his skill books. Thank you, proud Morlune! I hope to find time to test my new build.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next cautious goals: further attempts to get a better Dragon Flame. Maybe a belt upgrade. A Zakum Helmet, if my ISP allows me to.

I just want to say that I am proud of the Ironman Community, and I am incredibly happy to see it active after all these years! I am cheering for your next adventures.

With Love,

Samadhi.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Yiks, LichWiz, Tect and 4 others like this.
  3. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman

Oof, you are inspiring me to finally make a progress update now..
    I realized i haven't written a thing about my journey with my lvl 143 bucc ~f6

4. TaZMaNiA

TaZMaNiA Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swango
    Level:
    Can i get invited back in the guild? i came back from inactivity, and i am not in the guild anymore, guess someone must have kicked me to make space for active players

The nick ingame Tazimir

Mooshy, LichWiz, Joong and 1 other person like this.
  5. CulaZen

CulaZen Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Earl
    Level:
    count me in! IGN:ironzen

6. Moose

Moose Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Soleil
    Level:
    Guild:
    Legends
    Just a brief update:

Ironman did 2 successful GPQs!
    Congrats to IronAngel on passing Gene20 and hitting 170!

Keep an eye on the discord, The 4th annual holiday IronZak™ sign ups will be coming soon!

7. Novaeus

Novaeus Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Novaeus
    Level:
    Feeling slightly nostalgic and require some difficult progression, so I'm joining the movement. Would love to be invited to the guild. I'm usually on from 7pm - 9pm UK time.

novaeus.png

Ruvx, TaZMaNiA, Samadhi and 1 other person like this.
  8. Marshing

Marshing Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Marshing
    Level:
    Probably won't turn into much but the biggest part of a journey is starting it I suppose. Maple0000.jpg

TaZMaNiA, MSdrawman, Novaeus and 3 others like this.
  9. MSdrawman

MSdrawman Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IronMeme
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    We did another guild run! We totally failed at signing for the run and everyone accidentally used up their daily runs entering and leaving the room twice, except Me and Dylan (Foxz). Also there is echo at the start and i didn't have my mic on for the first few minutes and i didn't have the game properly aligned for a while lol. It was a great run. Only book was Meteor 20 lol

TaZMaNiA, MoriForest, Samadhi and 2 others like this.
  10. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe
    I kinda skipped the middle and I gotta admit the pillow really adds to the stream.

MSdrawman likes this.
  11. MSdrawman

MSdrawman Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IronMeme
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    I finally did it! Been making a lot of improvements on my character and i'm happy to have been the first ironman to get a black belt from the dojo! Really awesome!!!
    Maple0038.jpg

Rinn, xBabyCara, IRONCPA and 6 others like this.
  12. cheese69

cheese69 Member

I'd love to join! I just started Royals a few days ago and I want to have an extra challenge!
    Just made a new character! IGN: IronPepe :D Please send a guild invite!

13. bobdanoob

bobdanoob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EliteNoob
    Level:
    Guild:
    Weebs
    Finally decided to commit to making an ironman. I decided to go with an assassin since it's my most played class. So far I've grinded to level 47, but I'm planning on getting to 50 tonight after posting this. My main achievements so far have been acquiring the event reindeer nose, I managed to get a steely set while grinding out a NLC quest to unlock icicles, and made a 6 att work glove. Once I get to level 50-55, I'll be grinding a nice Maple Skanda off of grizzlies. Also excited to unlock level 50 so I can start gaching, which will give me more scrolls and other useful items. IGN is IronMatalyst, I hope I can join the guild and the ironman journey with the other members of the guild. I'm planning on making updates here as I progress. :D
    upload_2019-12-21_14-54-32.png

TaZMaNiA, IRONCPA, Hamburg and 5 others like this.
  14. recept2

recept2 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    IronMage
    Hi, i just started an ironman aswell, i'm a mage
    IGN: IronDT
    i'd like to join the guild for some useful tips

LichWiz likes this.
  15. Moose

Moose Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Soleil
    Level:
    Guild:
    Legends
    Let one of the JRs know when you're online. I'll send you an invite to our discord in PM!

16. Moose

Moose Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Soleil
    Level:
    Guild:
    Legends
    Impromptu Ironzak today.
    6 Ironmen ran, all 6 survived!
    Zak was slayed in about 39 minutes.
    Loots included TT10, ACA 10, Screen20, Concentrate 20, and 4 helms

Well done Ironmen!

Samadhi, bobdanoob, Hamburg and 2 others like this.
  17. Inusama

Inusama Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Inusama
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    [​IMG]
    Grats Jigger on TT10 and jam1n for passing Smokescreen 20!
    No deaths but Taz dc'd on kill ~f18

Dodge, Samadhi, Tect and 1 other person like this.
  18. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    "All 6 survived" well, except tazz lul

19. Moose

Moose Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Soleil
    Level:
    Guild:
    Legends
    Tazz has an even worse record than me and Sky surviving tbh.

PaddysPub likes this.
  20. bobdanoob

bobdanoob Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EliteNoob
    Level:
    Guild:
    Weebs
    With the Christmas event ending, I think it's about time I make an update post on where I currently am in my Ironman journey, as well as talk about my future goals with the account. I'm going to briefly discuss my level, stats, range, 4th job skills, gear, and other highlights that I consider worth talking about in this post. This post is going to focus more on early late game details (level 70+) rather than discussing every area I trained at, and what I got from those areas. I haven't used the forums in a long time, so I'm not sure how the format of this post will look. I'll try and adjust it if it looks wonky. Now that I've briefly introduced you to what this post is about, lets get to the good stuff.

The last time I posted here a month ago I was a level 47 Assassin, my range barely passed the 500 mark, and my gear looked like trash.

[​IMG]

Well, within that month I've reached level 130, become a Night Lord, and am just barely off the 2700 mark for my range. Also, I've got a little fashionscape going on now with some NX gear. I have to say, I've made some amazing progress within this month. Since I started late, I wasn't able to get the 1.5x exp coupon from the 12 days of Christmas event. Despite that, I was able to grind hardcore on this account. Had I gotten the 1.5x exp coupon, I think I would've easily reached level 140. Before I go into further detail with my current account status, I want to talk about a couple things I had to grind along the way.

The moment I became a Hermit, I committed to doing Al-caster's quest line to unlock summoning rocks. I have to say, whoever created that quest line deserves to be defamed by every player in Maplestory. It took about 2 full days of grinding to complete the quest. I grinded from level 70-77 just finding all the ores for this quest. Despite the fact the grind for this quest was terrible, I've now unlocked summoning rocks, allowing me to use Shadow Partner, one of the most important skills for a Hermit. After completing the quest, I grinded at Wind Raiders until level 85. At 85, I began hunting Headless Horseman. The only reason it was possible to grind Headless Horseman at this level was due to the amount of gelt chocolates I had obtained from the event. These badboys allowed me to hit him, as well as kill him fairly quick. Roughly 1m exp per kill adds up, and when you get to the point where you can kill 20-30 per hour, it really adds up. At the beginning I was only killing 2-3 per gelt, but I was leveling really fast. Plus with the short exp boost, I was leveling up even faster. Headless Horseman has been the main source of exp from level 85 to level 130. I recently made a goal to obtain 100 Jack O'Lantern's from Headless Horseman. And well, we're almost there! 92/100 completed. I was hoping to reach that number before making this post, but I should reach it in the next couple of days.
    [​IMG]

Headless Horseman wasn't the only boss I grinded on the way to level 130. The next challenging boss I faced was Bigfoot. I was committed to getting a toe and then obtaining the Silver Deputy Star, a great pendant that any player can obtain and is pretty much best in slot until late game where you get Mark of Naricain or a Horntail Pendant. I killed my first Bigfoot around level 105. It took about 45 minutes to kill. It was sort of a waste, but finding a Bigfoot is kind of rare so I decided to take a chance at getting a toe. Sadly, I didn't get a toe from my first kill. On my 7th kill when I was level 118, I finally got my first toe. I continued grinding Headless Horseman and Bigfoot until 120, and then made my job advancement to Night Lord.
    [​IMG]

The first challenge of becoming a Night Lord was obtaining my 4th job skills. The main skill I needed was Triple Throw. To unlock Triple Throw, I had to complete the prequests and then team up with some other Ironman and take down Zakum. After completing two runs, one being a duo with jam1n, and then a trio run with jam1n, Jigger, and myself, I finally obtained a Triple Throw 10 skillbook! Triple Throw is extremely important for Night Lords. It's fast hitting and deals a lot of damage, perfect for bossing. I'm now focusing on obtaining Triple Throw 20, but it's gonna be a while until I obtain that. My guildmate Jigger is also a Night Lord, one that's higher level than me, so I've decided that he gets all Triple Throw 20 books until he unlocks it. With Ironman players being limited to two group Zakum runs per week, it's rare to find Triple Throw 20.
    [​IMG]

After maxing Triple Throw 10, I maxed Maple Warrior 10. I'm currently working on maxing Shadow Shifter. It took 2 Shadow Shifter 20 books, and I've recently obtained a 30 book off of killing Dodo. If my 30 book fails, I've almost unlocked Qualm Monk Trainee's which drop the 30 book. The only other skillbook I have is Shadow Stars 30 which I got from one of my Papulatus runs (I wish I took a screenshot of the Pap kill but I forgot to).
    [​IMG]

My most recent achievements which I just obtained today was reaching level 130, and crafting my first Crystal Ilbi. It took around 8 hours to grind for the LUK ores at Lucida, but in a way it was worth it. I got a 10dex 8 luk clean level 70 thief top off of Lucida. Lucida drop a lot of thief tops and bottoms. I'm currently gaching at CBD for topwear luk 60% scrolls to scroll the top. I've currently obtained one scroll, and my top is at 10dex 10luk with 6 slots left.
    [​IMG]

I'm currently training at Temple of Time as well as occasionally killing Headless Horseman. I've decided to wait on killing Bigfoot since it's time consuming killing them, but I have a goal in mind for Bigfoot. Like my 100 Jack O'Lantern collection, I want to make a Bigfoot Toe collection. I find a lot of Bigfoots, but it takes about 30-40minutes with Warrior Elixirs to kill one. I'm saving my gelts for my upcoming Zakum and Krex solo's. Until I improve my range and obtain skillbooks or other items I need, I don't want to touch Bigfoot. I only killed Bigfoot in the beginning for the Silver Deputy Star. The exp right now isn't worth it unless I gelt. Last time I killed Bigfoot with TT10 maxed it took like about 20-22minutes with gelts.

As a Night Lord, I've been doing some minor HP washing so I have more HP to tank bosses/monsters. I think I can get about 7k hp if I do all of my washes that I have available, I haven't done the calculations for that recently. My int gear is pretty terrible, but today I made a 10 int 5 slot green bandana, so that's a nice boost to my int gear. I might even consider grinding for another 5 helm int 60%s so I can finish that dana and get more int. I've already done the HP quest, it took maybe 5-6 hours total to grind everything out. I wish I had more hp so I could solo certain bosses, but unless I put more ap into int and slowed down my leveling to focus on int gear, I can't do that.
    [​IMG]

The last thing I'm going to write about is my current gear I'm wearing. I set my base dex to 90 and I kind of regret it. Originally I only had +60 gear in dex, but I now have +85 dex in gear without MW10. I have yet to solo Zakum, so I'm missing about 20 dex in that slot. I currently have a 10dex top, 15dex bottom, 10dex earring, 11dex hat, 5dex nose, 5dex dep star, 10dex cape, medal, white belt, 9dex shoe, etc. I'll have screenshots of my gear here so you can see that. The most annoying grind for gear so far was farming bottom dex 60% scrolls. These things are so rare. I was getting one scroll every hour pretty much. I made a 70att claw, which is pretty good for a starting claw into early late game. It's hard getting claw 30% scrolls since you have to gach at Kerning City for them. I don't plan on adjusting my dex until I solo Zakum/Krex most likely, as well as find better equipment for each slot.
    [​IMG]

Overall, my future goals on this account right now are soloing Zakum and Krex. I expect each run to take around 2 hours, and I don't plan on attempting it until I'm between level 140-150. I'm hoping I get TT20 around that time, but if I don't have it, hopefully gelts can carry me through those runs. I'm not sure how many throwing star sets I'll need for a solo run. I currently have one Crystal ilbi, 15 hwabis, and like 12 steelies I think. I'm working on replacing my steelies with hwabis from hunting Chimera every now and then, as well as gaching.

Well, I think I've rambled long enough. It's my first time making a post like this. I plan on making more updates like this in the future, hopefully not as long as this post. I tried to make it as short as possible, but there was a lot to discuss considering I had to sum up a month of fast-paced progress (early to start of early late game). I'm not sure how this post is going to look, but hopefully it looks ok. If anyone has suggestions on how I can improve my format/posts, let me know. I'd appreciate it greatly. :D

One last thing, if anyone is reading this and is interested in the Ironman mode, start a character and make a short post. I have to say it's fun earning everything yourself. Some things are a hassle, but it's well worth it when you get good results.

Wonderstruck, Mooshy, Levi0sa and 8 others like this.