New Official Damage Range Thread ?

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Doo, Oct 30, 2020.

?

Shoudl we make New Official Damage Range Thread ?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2020.
  1. YES

69 vote(s)
    67.0%
  2. NO

34 vote(s)
    33.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create

MM
    if test dps , should have all buffs too , with si , pyrope =dsc
    warrior including si , one hand sword/axe/bw should be all same too.
    and claymore=ST

jackfrost90123 and weiwei0310 like this.
  2. liomio

liomio Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Liomio
    Level:
    DPS is a good idea, but there's not a real good way to test DPS not unless you want to make everyone solo krex right eye and even there there will be differences depending on the attack pot used (amplifies the difference between att speeds or weapon multipliers)

3. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    meant dps without external buffs aside from mw20 if required. just purely the own character's buffs (eg se for archer only, si for bucc only). but if full buff i think works out too i guess. then only real distinction is drk slow vs normal

lxlx and Doo like this.
  4. Rhynhardt

Rhynhardt Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Rhynhardt
    Level:
    Look, we have people whining about managing screenshots, I doubt we really can have the expectation that the threadcreator will go into frame data and calculate potential DPS via their total str/weapon attack. I also don't agree that players should be able to cheese it by white scrolling ineffective weapons.

These threads are more than just flexing the damage number, people refer to it as a measurement of character progression as well. There's no point to a thread that tries to reflect community progression when the only way to get recognition is to scroll things that you really wouldn't bother with in game. It comes off disingenuous and just leads into misinformation. I also find the idea of comparing a MoN vs HTP to weapons absolutely laughable, you're talking about maybe a 6 weapon attack difference in comparison to a frame data difference of dozen extra attacks, that is grossly minimizing the difference weapon attack speed has.

In my opinion, weapon speed separation is necessary or:

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/damage-calculator-all-classes.123479/

EDIT: Only applies to those going for top 10 spot** Make the submitter do the calcs themselves and make them submit the screesnhot of the calc data they used. They have to send screenshots/video of their gear anyway so easily verifiable. Bam, then you can just measure raw DPM output rather than ranges.

EDIT: Didn't realize we had a calculator like this. Easiest solution, only applies to top 10 damage range players. Everyone below that, doesn't matter, if you feel two are too close, ask them to do the damage range calcs for you if they want their spots.

Put more responsibility on the poster, and less on the threadstarter, though I will concede the threadstarter will have the extra step of verifyign they put in the right numbers, but that will solve the clunky thread problem imo.

lxlx and Doo like this.
  5. Tiffaux

Tiffaux Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    12x
    Guild:
    Tulips
    I'm totally down for separating the weapons used: dmg range part can have whichever item one likes to use to maximize their range, and a "dps part" I guess, in which people use their actual attacking wep.

I think making the distinction between those two is important as some ppl might not be interested in the max. obtainable, but unusable dmg range, and only want to focus on their max range that actually does dmg (in their main att skill).

I absolutely have 0 knowledge about most jobs, but as an example to what I can relate to: I wouldn't make a distinction between a NL using a RC or a green sleeve, as they both still serve the main goal: highest dps range with main att. (hence, they are both actually being used as endgame wep).

On the discussion about owning the weapon that you posted your dmg range with: in my opinion, it would be completely fair to remove people from the range thread if they don't own their wep/equip anymore. The information would simply just be outdated and not correct anymore and that to me would have most value. This way the top 3/5/10 would perhaps change a bit more and give more incentive to players to reach certain goals. To still honor those players that have had the high ranges, there could be a legacy section, just like discussed for the legacy players of the old range thread that have no pics anymore/quitted.

Now of course there's the major issue of not knowing if/when players trade their items and don't own them anymore, hence don't have their stated range anymore, but honestly, after reading all the comments I feel like there is no perfect solution on this subject, the latter is just my opinion.

I think separating dmg range - dps range is feasible and I would love to see that implemented at least.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who is putting effort in this matter ♥

Aestel, Jesseh and lxlx like this.
  6. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    I personally don't believe a new thread is necessary but if it can transfer all the archived data and serve a better purpose with categorized sections, I guess it can work out.

I support the idea to categorize sections according to weapons, especially in the case of warriors with extra choices. It would also be interesting to add a DPS/DPM section to reflect the true potentials of every character, with advantageous weapons.

If I had to make an educated guess, as to why the original thread owner began a range thread, not a DPM chart, is due to the range being a static value while DPM relies heavily on the situation. If there is a section that requires recording submissions to compete for DPS/DPM, I think it's splendid since it may motivate even lower ranged people to master their controls and techniques. Some complications may follow but this thread was made to discuss such topics.

Here are some factors to consider when measuring the DPS/DPM regardless of the weapon choice/range.

Is the target 1-hit material like Alishar in LPQ?
    How long will the combat last?
    What Att pot will be used?
    What buffs will be provided?
    Are we assuming a dummy/wall target with no obstacles?
    Are summons/dual attacks allowed? (meso explosion etc.)

I'm honestly not sure what is the most ideal combination here so I'll wait for others to carry on.

Regarding the trade/ownership of weapons, I agree with this.
    It'll add extra work to the thread moderator but I cannot think of a better solution than differentiating the current, active range rank holders vs those who retired by selling/trading their equips. We will have to rely on everyone's integrity to prevent momentary trades but the discretion of the moderator should be enforced to tell it apart from a permanent one.

Relmy, lxlx, Jooon and 1 other person like this.
  7. Dabsta

Dabsta Well-Known Member

How about we just keep the range thread a range thread, and the people who want to compare their DPS use the krex speedrun thread instead

8. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Ill say this again:*pls im not flaming anyone,read this text as im talking from the beach with a piña colada in my hand*

It isnt easier just to define what weapon is allowed to be in the top3? Like:

Drk:ski
    Hero:2h sword
    Pally: heres when 2 categories work
    Nl: Dps
    Shad:kanzir
    Etc,etc

"What if i want to aim for the top 3 nl with a rc?" Do anyone think that is even doable?

And yes. I know is a range thread and not a dps one, but i truly believe this is not just the easier solution, is the one which can avoid future issues. Think about it a bit Is it really that bad?

What about the old player who, we dont know what weapon are using?
    Most of them are not in the top3 , so it shouldnt be a real problem there, and the ones who are, i think most of us know, not only what weapon are using, even almost their full set, so it shouldnt be a big deal there.

I even would recomend that the top5 show their weapon, but theres certain jobs as shadowers for example where, you can aim for top 4-5 withouth a kanzir, so i think apply this rule like this is not doable.

Personally im not too exited with the idea of a new thread, this may sound ridiculous, but the idea of beat players considered "legendary" is an extra motivation, at least for me.

Again, if you want to use a "non meta weapon" and you can aim for the top3 something(i think just warriors can do this, right?) Not being in this thread ,is not taking it away from you, again is it really a big deal to habe a unique weapon choice?(except for pallys again)

Jesseh likes this.
  9. Johnny

Johnny Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Create
    Locking this thread as per requested by @DongHuang

Doo, Tect, Sen and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.