Class/Skill Rework Destroyed Park 2 to make solo AM leech more viable

Discussion in 'Closed' started by UrbanJuggernaut, Feb 2, 2021.

?

Should Destroyed Park 2 be reworked?

1. Yes

85 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    37.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

If anything what about ToT maps?
    Maybe tweak the droprate/drops table and add more female warr/thief equips an good scrolls and make it so it will be atleast 90-110m per hour (on average)?
    Just an idea, I'm not the biggest expert, but I think that it will be a viable option for a single high level mage.
    High level mages and legit farmers will benefit, and hackers won't really be able to touch those spots since its guarded by prequests.

CreamGoddess, Jooon and Kenny like this.
  2. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Quad mage + looter you get a full inventory 20mil in 25 minutes. It actually needs a overhaul & redesign of the entire ToT maps for single mage. Its so bad.

Imagine u have to make 4 I/Ls, do the blizzard quest 4 times, spend mesos in the highly priced EleWand7 or level to 163 to wear the ice elestaff.
    just to OB farm to make lesser amount of mesos then ulu1 or even petri leech. You can’t even sell leech here too. Yikes.

I can’t remember i left ToT without disappointment ever since the helm int 60% ninja nerf.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Zusti, CreamGoddess and Donn1e like this.
  3. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    I think ToT has lots of potential before and after the release of pink bean (soonTM). We are always open to ideas on how to make the map more viable

I personally don't think we should touch the ToT map design. It's better to work with spawn rate, drop rate, drop tables, etc.

AshPile and CreamGoddess like this.
  4. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    You’re making us multimage fans quite very happy here with this reply. Thank you.

I do feel if players who actually spend effort in getting these setup should be rewarded more.
    RoR & OB spawn rate & drop table buff hype.

5. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    Thank you for the many reminders to this thread @CreamGoddess

Anyways its almost 2022 and AM is still trash

MoriForest, BertEast, Fli and 4 others like this.
  6. bibz

bibz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gewn
    Guild:
    Rice
    Bump

Johnny, noobgamer97 and CreamGoddess like this.
  7. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    I am curious regarding the pros/cons of this change after the trio duku balance, and why did this idea receive mixed poll results?
    upload_2021-12-18_20-20-8.png

8. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Something to consider is that this thread was active while trio duku was still a thing... as an alternative to use only 1 high lvl AM instead of 3 baby ones, this thread didnt take into consideration what was going to happen after... Im quite shure several opinions have changed since trio duku was completely destroyed( the balance was making the map, from way too OP to completely useless).

On this topic duku was buffed to give AMs a spot to shine over Bishops...yes the result was very questionable, but it simply got nerfed into the ground and returned AMs to their previous stg of just farm mules....Not shure if things are actually balanced now...

CreamGoddess, Kenny and Geyforlife like this.
  9. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    Pretty much this. As we can see now, Duku was completely wrecked and is pointless once again, leaving AMs, for the millionth time in Royals history, as useless. While a buff to a new farming/leeching spot would be welcome, I think we're at the point where there are (slowly but surely) enough new ways to gain HP coming out that we can completely phase out leeching and allow AMs to FINALLY participate in the game (ie. bossing), since they get nerfed and gatekept out of a vast majority of content releases and have been relegated to pretty much the exact same few contents since Ulu was released. Another thread would probably be more appropriate.

10. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    I am a bit confused. The trio duku map is destroyed park I and the map listed here is destroyed park II. Aren't you advocating a better map layout of park II for AM?

11. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    I would suggest to read the whole thread to get a clear idea what was this about. my comment was to answer your question of :
    and the reason is because this thread (and by consecuence most of the votes) were made when trio duku was still a thing. If this thread is remade fresh, you will see a bigger % of ppl on favor of redo DPS2 as a leeching map(and im pretty shure a big% of the votes agaisnt this would be from skele leechers+leech haters afraid that this thing will break the game again)

A sum up for this thread is: "It doesnt make much sense that 3 baby no gears AMs perform better than a high lvl geared one, what about change DP2 map to also give a room for those wiotuth killing trio duku" Just because due layout of DPS2 its not suitable for a good TC session. That was the whole idea..... What happened afterwards is that trio duku got killed, this map didnt got touch and AMs got back to their cave

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  12. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    Is this proposed change still relevant today? do you or others see a need to change this map layout?

Shnang likes this.
  13. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    At least IMO its shurely is! Not for the same reasons tho, but AMs does need some love..... some ppl might suggest skills rework,but that could be a bit tricky. Give them a new leeching map could be an feasible option....but i think its not only the map, several things should be done to make this possible, good enough to be worth, and at the same time wiotuh affecting bish negatively( always remeber that classes are related and a positive change to some job can be a negative one for others).

My proposed changes would be the following:

Skele map has a problem at that is their lvl range. Most other leech maps work for a period of 5-8 lvls while skele is relevant from 108 to 120, and even more, so, DP2 should be not only changed in terms of layout no make TC feasible, it should also be buffed in terms of more mobs spawn on the map or increase the EXp received per duku killed, to make possible to get at least 52-55m exp per hr if TC is well done(remeber skele split can go up to 44m exp/hr) but at the same time increase mob lvl from 115(currently) to 120 so ppl start leeching there from lvl 115 instead of lvl 110. Keep in mind that the resources needed to 1hit dukus even with elemental advantage is quite a thing

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  14. BertEast

BertEast Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I feel like there's a lot of good ideas in this thread in regards to the viability of AM's and it's definitely a discussion that needs to be had. IMHO what would be huge is if they reworked destroyed park 2 to make solo AM leech more viable.

Zancks likes this.
  15. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I made this post at the height of trio Duku as a way to give high level AMs a relevant niche as, at the time, it was only fruitful to make 3 naked mages and sell trio Duku. In the present, I'd say leeching can go and let Mages boss or do anything besides farming and leeching the same like 4 fucking maps for the past 3-4 years. As new and better ways are released to acquire HP without the need to wash, I'd like to see Mages leeching ability nerfed/removed and allow them to just do the same stuff everybody else does for once. Playing a Mage that isn't a dedicated money slave is complete ass on Royals.

BertEast, nut and Tsue like this.
  16. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Every class is a money slave. Why Boss? For mesos.
    Archmages/Bishop simply does it significantly better than every class, and its nostalgic to play it that way! [:)]

But if archmages are a required class in von leon, it would be quite interesting. I believe this class doesn’t require changes, but new boss mechanics can be adjusted in a way that brings them into play.
    Inb4 R>8.5k+ NL with washed AM mule

Aestel, Zusti and nut like this.
  17. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I boss for fun, and to level up, or hang with my friends. Not every minute in this game has to be spent being 100% efficient in the most profitable way possible. I have 2 jobs irl, I don't need a 3rd. I enjoy making money as much as the next person, but to shoehorn an entire class into only being able to do that is lame and bad game design.

I'm also not even going to entertain the nostalgia argument anymore. We are coming up on nearly a decade of Royals existing, with numerous custom balance, content changes, and meta iterations that simply did not exist in official servers. This is not GMS. This is not v83 nostalgic. It is its own thing completely and it is very possible to allow Mages to play the game instead of gatekeeping them from a majority of content releases and relegating them to pure farmers.

benkrong, BertEast and Tsue like this.
  18. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Lets go back to the main topic, which is
    Rework Destroyed Park 2 to make solo AM leech more viable”
    Since its getting alittle swayed with my reply, my apologies for that.

In all honesty, readjustments to the map in my opinion still somewhat required, the current metagame after petri’s nerf does indeed make archmage quite “meh”. Being able to provide leech from lvl105-108. With Petri’s drop tables not as attractive as Skele’s, Duku should open up more popularity to this class. Since its main intention for its original adjustment is to have a upgraded area for archmages to play in.

Adjustments for its leeching level to be 120-135
    Skeles adjusted from 108-135 to 105-120

Aestel, Zusti and nut like this.
  19. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    Guild:
    Resignation
    The thread itself is not really relevant anymore as I do not think this feedback is the direction to go at this time with Mages. I think another thread detailing what has been discussed since this thread's revival would be more prudent. Rather than giving Mages yet another leeching map, I'd rather see them reworked to be able to do everything else.

BertEast, Jooon and nut like this.
  20. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Yet not everything about the game is bossing, and there are players who enjoy leeching/farming way or even going around killing mobs like saledor way more than bossing.
    Players who spent time making multiple mages suddenly have its value removed is also another concern.

Simply disregarding all these and reworking this class just because “i want to boss with my archmage” just simply doesn’t seem right. Ontop of that, players with a decently leveled Archmage will be forced to remake or do HP quest for 2 years.
    Which i doubt its should be made possible for mages to be able to do HP quest anyway.

Royals main advertisement is Nostalgic maplestory, to be able to play the game you enjoyed 10-15 years ago.
    Archmage rework.. Really isn’t gonna cut it or even should be considered by the game designers anyways.
    Its beautiful as it is.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    Aestel and Zusti like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.