Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shiratsuyu, Jul 9, 2020.

1. IDman

IDman Well-Known Member

IGN:
    iFoundMyID
    Level:
    Guild:
    DemonSlayers
    Sure, you're right. People can chime in.

It's just that it seems she was filling in some details and bringing it to light as facts/wrongdoings of Aqward, while that is not necessarily true.

Also, people vouching for one another should never be confused with facts. Because most people will cover for their friends even though they don't have damn clue about what happened. Wouldn't be the first time someone gets to deal with some pieholes that cover their creepy inner circle on every occasion, but in fact did nothing wrong.

And then there's always 'the enemy of your enemy is your friend'. People on here would love to see you fall. There's a reason the ban appeal section is much debated and visited.

The only thing that 'vouching for someone' in the sense of anecdotal evidence or subjective experience creates is injust bias and possibly fake credibility.

If I were to post some issue here, I could name you 3-4 persons that would reply to the issue saying I'm the one in the wrong without any hesitation whatsoever. They will tell you that I'm all kinds of nasty things, because you know, they hate me. At the same time, there are dozens of people who could vouch the opposite. Does it make any difference to the situation at hand? No. At least, it shouldn't.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  2. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    Well in that case, might as well chime in too. I know well enough catsclaw AKA APPLEBEAR to be a TW player, and English is certainly not her strongest suit. I have also never have had any issues with any HT run with her. @Aqwrd please try to understand hosting a HT is not as easy as you think. With that said, here's my very cheap 2 cents, which may or may not be of any value;
    Hours? Really? Are you trying to lose credibility right off the bat?
    Not sure if they're talking about you, were you the NL? in your attached screenshot they were specifically talking about an NL. Anyway, it really is unfortunate that "zzzzz" was offensive to her.
    Now this is the real kicker. You accuse her of "griefing" the run when 1. Everything went fine in the end, 2. You clearly don't know how much DPS you're losing by being the main Sed target, thus leading to her muling sed in the first place. 3. How do you even prove she was trolling? Shit happens you just die as Sed sometimes anyway.

IN SUMMARY: Poor twnese player got offended by mildly impatient royaller, some miscomm happened, run was shaky but other than that, was there anything really blacklist worthy? Sounds just like your typical pub HT run to me.

Well at least now I know who NOT to bring for HT, no prizes for correct guesses

3. midwinter

midwinter Donator

IGN:
    astro
    i'm confused, how was catsclaw trolling or griefing the run?

she died, and she decided to ress herself with her bs mule

couldn't she had just fake dced or simply fuck ress up intentionally on her NL/BS if she was trying to grief the run?

NLs tend to die to 1/1 + sed combo, it happens often.

Perhaps it would've been better if she let you sed since you're a shadower but none of what you described was trolling/griefing in any form :confused:

irmy, jaydenlim and Prefyx like this.
  4. NANI1

NANI1 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    NANI1
    Level:
    Guild:
    Playboys
    KDT likes this.
  5. Aqwrd

Aqwrd Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aqwrd
    Thanks for correcting this. Just trying to emphasize that she's very very aware of horntail mechanics

I'm a little confused by this. Only the first two images weren't from the actual horntail run, and of course the last image which was taken one week later. I wasn't going to drop everything or get distracted whilst fighting Horntail to take a screenshot during the actual run. The chatbox has like a 10,000 line limit. Some of the things that were said, were said, during the horntail run.

I think I have lost you a bit. I said I wanted to preface this situation by another horntail run she was recruiting earlier in the day, which also had poor communication. Those hours did pass, and we came to the current horntail run, which happened...a few hours later.

Once again, I have lost you, I must have done a poor job explaining this and I'm sorry for that. She wasn't muling sed. She had recruited me to be sed, she chose to make herself sed, she enters prehead and dies. That picture of them talking about putting me on their guilds blacklist was during the prehead that killed her. No Hero's Will, no mention of lag, she was muling bs and I didn't see an attempt to heal herself, no mention of anything. She chooses again to make herself sed during main body, knowing I'm capable of being sed, she gets sed, and again doesn't will, doesn't heal herself on bs, doesn't mention lag or anything. I really won't entertain language barrier excuses as everything I've said was common maplestory terms barring the zzz. Also on the note of DPS loss, why on earth would you make a near 10k range NL sed when you've recruited a very weak shad in comparison with 17k hp who told you he could sed. It is trolling. Obvious trolling imo. Just because the run completed successfully doesn't excuse what she did. This post is to shed light on that.

If she fake d'ced or fucked up ress then this post wouldn't exist, dcs are just a part of the game, and mistakes happen. She INTENTIONALLY made herself sed twice, once after already dying to sed, when she recruited me to be sed. I cannot explain it any better, it is griefing. If i recruit an Auf party and get a Bucc as my pinner, and I show up as Bowmaster trying to power knockback auf into the corner.....

upload_2022-10-21_15-38-34.png

eVolve, frozenrain and Prefyx like this.
  6. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    Thank you for the clarification. Being in Leafre confused the heck out of me. I understand now those were the chat logs in mid HT.

That being said I do believe you did not outright flame them but also not able to determine if they were trolling from the chat logs.

Aqwrd likes this.
  7. Aqwrd

Aqwrd Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aqwrd
    Right, I don't care too much if they get put on the blacklist or not. I'm just not gonna sit idle while you tell your guild/friends I was toxic and I was some evil random in your horntail without me getting my side of the story out there. This wasn't even our first or last horntail together.

8. eddymeow

eddymeow Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    eddywoof
    Level:
    Guild:
    Degens
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

KittehIshMad, Ghostie, KDT and 8 others like this.
  9. lxlx

lxlx Donator

IGN:
    awlz
    Guild:
    Create
    Context matters, typing zzzzz when you are in a 3 hour duo HT run means you are sleepy, typing zzzz when you go -5 on a CS means rip item. In your scenario, typing zzzzz after you been told there isn't a door means you are obviously annoyed, so I don't think it's about the act of typing zzzzzzz but more towards a courtesy issue as you were displaying your annoyance openly by typing that when there was no door, even though they waited for you to finish your Zak. Since she's the host, she took your annoyance more personally and that's probably why she didn't want anything from you, hence she took on your role as sed. Highly doubt that there was any intention to troll or grief the run.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  10. midwinter

midwinter Donator

IGN:
    astro
    i'm not gonna comment on whether recruiting you as sed then proceeding to sed on her NL is blacklist-worthy or not, i frankly don't even know how this blacklist system operates nor do i take it seriously

i do agree that the run was made less optimal and more dps was probably lost as a result of her NL sedding (and dying twice to sed) instead of your shad sedding, which was supposed to be the plan.

but i still find it hard to wrap my head around how this is griefing though, because if anything, she's inconveniencing herself the most by needing to ress herself after dying no?

the bucc/auf example you raised is disanalogous, she's the host of the run, she did not show up to YOUR run and take sed priority to inconvenience YOUR bs mule (or anyone else in then party) by being sed/dying to sed

perhaps i don't know the full story, but as @lxlx mentioned, i'm also struggling to see this as trolling/griefing intentionally

jaydenlim, jeff8434, Shnang and 2 others like this.
  11. DickDann

DickDann Well-Known Member

IGN:
    DLCKDANN
    Guild:
    KERNING
    Saw some people forum post on Blacklist about him scamming.
    He came to me to buy some fames.
    Seems like a Noob Newbie.
    Not sure if he gonna scam people again.
    Please be careful and record trade just be safe.

Subtlety likes this.
  12. Aqwrd

Aqwrd Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aqwrd
    There was no waiting, she was still smegaing filling roles as zak was finished. Hence why I showed up with se when she had already filled it and didn't tell me. I agree with your point on context.

I mean... how much of an inconvenience is it really to alt+tab to your bs mule and idle while tl comes off cd? I'd argue not much tbh.

I don't think it was intentionally trolling/griefing at first either but, its like, if you sit around with a jammed gun and aim it at your foot and pull the trigger. You have this nice shad bulletproof vest next to you that you could aim at, but you decide to mess around and shoot yourself in the foot. THEN you decide to mess around and shoot your other foot, meanwhile the team has to carry you to the hospital.

Why would your first bloody foot not make you aim at the shad? ....or will.....or use your bs mule to heal.....

Whatever, I'd rather be put on those guilds blacklist for making this post as opposed to some bullshit zzz excuse shes decided to take offense to, when her actions were far worse than mine.

13. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Honestly your “ZZZZZ” shows how uncooperative you’re probably gonna be in the horntail run, and for god’s sake everyone knows how painful a uncooperative teammate will be in any game.

The seduce mechanics in horntail is designed to kill the player, and logically a shad on apple probably does more dps than a NL when they’re at the right side. Theres a hundred and one ways you can look at it.

Heck you can even say that catsclaw simply just doesn’t wants to talk to you and inconvenience you any further & get it done and over with.

Yes inefficient problems can happen inside a horntail run, but you guys cleared it nonetheless?

If theres any splits, I believe its distributed evenly. You can’t expect every run to be great, you can’t expect everyone to think like you either.
    With all that, just accept it and move on.

Just my 2 cents

Tail, Ghostie, jaydenlim and 2 others like this.
  14. Kung

Kung Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Schnegge
    To me - taking into account all the context of this server and small community - it seems really extreme to NOT ban a proven, malicious scammer for at least 30 days (and additionally strip them of all their mesos and items and of course return all the stolen stuff) no matter how much they scammed for.

Is not intentional scamming very malicious to such a small community?

Also I dont see how there will be a positive atmosphere with such people in the future in such a small community?

KittehIshMad, frozenrain and Donn1e like this.
  15. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CygnusQueen
    Level:
    Guild:
    WorldTour
    Although this part sounds good for the players being scammed, the scammers can avoid this by converting the items to meso or something else, or simply passing the items to friends as "gifts"

The ownership of items really complicates should the Staff wish to perform such "rollbacks" for scammed items/meso

Would recommend submitting a Feedback thread with detailed scenarios if you feel the Scamming situation can be tackled in a better manner

16. Wooxi

Wooxi Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Wooxi
    Level:
    1. IGN: x3frozen
    2. REASON: Leech Scamer. I smega buying leech 75-78. He whispers me says 60m/lvl. I say lmk when to tp during trade then he says "wait here"
    I wat 1 minute then /find him, hes in ch1, we were previously in ch 14. I msg him ? and he's offline.

3. DETAILS:

17. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    I would suggest that you try and reach out to them a few more times. Otherwise, I would make sure that you follow these guidelines and report them because you have enough initial evidence to get them banned.

18. spring2941

spring2941 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    darkshades
    Level:
    Guild:
    -
    Hi, I'm Gimmemana. Catsclaw was asking my nl issit in wiggle guild, she just typo "bl in wiggle?"... you misunderstood it-.-'

Shnang and bloodsicle like this.
  19. bloodsicle

bloodsicle Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    that more than checks out in the screenshot :D

20. Jen123

Jen123 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    1. IGN: marmota
    2. REASON: leech scam
    3. DETAILS: I bought 1 hr leech from Marmota and at the time I asked him to go to fm because my mules don't have mesos on them. After the hour was over, I said I could do another and said I would give him 6 apples as a guarantee for the 70m payment, since again, my mules didn't have mesos. In the ss I clearly said I would give him 6 apples, take it back and pay him 70mil and he said 'okay'. I gave him 6 apples, he asks for 7 but I only had 6 on my mule so I tell him I only had 6. I didn't ss everything since the 1st hour was fine, but basically in the fm he asked me to pay 70m, so I asked for the apples back, but he wouldn't give them. Then I said, if you want the apples, that's fine, I'll give you 1 more for 7 apples for 70 mil, to which he replied 'yes'. He then leaves party.

Additionally, he isn't a great leecher anyways as I often noticed that hs had run out even though I barely paid attention to my mules.