Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shiratsuyu, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    It’s really not though.

With what evidence I/the other unfortunate soul who got scammed posted I’m pretty sure unless someone has concrete proof DMed, Fayz isn’t getting banned at this very moment.

I’m only resorting to that because the extreme difficulty it is to get scammers banned.

The only time I think I saw someone get the first offense temp scammer ban was some guy who got posted here like 10 times for openly leech scamming for like two weeks straight. First offense isn’t even perma and to get them that ban you need so much evidence.

Blame the system I guess

2. PsYDani

PsYDani Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PsYDaniel
    Level:
    Last time i sold a big number of APR's i got paid in advance with WS/CS tbh.

3. DickDann

DickDann Well-Known Member

IGN:
    DLCKDANN
    Guild:
    KERNING
    You guys need a trustworthy middleman. I can be the one.:)

4. IDman

IDman Well-Known Member

IGN:
    iFoundMyID
    Level:
    Guild:
    DemonSlayers
    % fee?

5. DickDann

DickDann Well-Known Member

IGN:
    DLCKDANN
    Guild:
    KERNING
    No Fee, Just inbox me on the forum or add me on Discord.

eVolve, IDman and brandname like this.
  6. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    The unfortunate truth is that players who are lazy enough to drop trade high value items with a stranger won't bother securing a middleman. It's the same reason scammers get away with their behavior, players who are lazy enough to drop trade high value items with a stranger won't bother capturing the necessary evidence to file a report.

We find posts like this on the Community Blacklist over and over again because people don't learn their lesson until it's too late. Trust me, I've been with every iteration of the blacklist since it began. And we can shame scammers on this thread as much as we want, but let's be honest, it's hardly going to change anything. As much as I hate to place the burden on victims, players seriously need to learn to use common sense and protect themselves.

Kung, huipotato, LLew and 6 others like this.
  7. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

Not to mention that the punishment for this kind of scam is just a short ban.
    I still wouldn't feel satisfied if I got them banned and they kept my money.

Shai, Knoxz, Kung and 5 others like this.
  8. frozenrain

frozenrain Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    snowy803
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    The rules state that a 2nd offense of scamming is a permanent ban. Is that not the case in your experience?

9. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    In a lot of the older player experience, a scammer gets away with scamming a lot of players before they actually get banned. It’s not counted as different instances. If Fayz gets banned, even if theres concrete proof he scammed 4-6 people, unless an extreme condition happens (like with RWT items and knowledge they’re RWTed/etc.), it’ll most likely only issue him one instance of the scam ban. Fayz probably has profited at least 8b in scamming, and primarily off of year 1-2 players. If I was 1 year in and I lost 500m id be set back like 2-3 weeks of playtime.

Most scammers just stop aggressively scamming after that and do it more subtly and/or on different characters to make it really confusing. The items never get returned either because its impossible to figure out who got scammed exactly what, etc.

It’s why many of us sigh when we see scammers cause it hurts the new player experience so much but the current rules suck at combating scamming.

Kaeru likes this.
  10. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    I won't be discussing the evidence submitted above, and whether or not it's enough to get a ban from a Staff's perspective so please do not ask me, I'm just simply commenting because I thought about it over the past day or two and I just wanted to shed some light on the banning process for scammers. I'm not really directing this at anybody I'm just summing up my thoughts on the situation and trying to respond to everything that was mentioned previously.

It's currently 1st offence 14 days and 2nd offence permanent. I don't know what's short about it...?
    It would be a bit extreme perma-banning a player if they scammed a low end amount for their 1st offence, no? ~f12
    Unfortunately, the person scamming could just re-make a new mule and start the process all over again if they do get nailed with 1st offence, in that scenario there's not really much we could do (besides continuously banning those mules for eternity...) as it would be up to the person looking to sell their APRs to as Sen put it, use common sense to protect themselves, and gauge the situation/person who is promising you riches for your sweet, succulent APRs.

I do think there should be a clause added similar to vote abuse/account sharing (IE: Staff have a right to skip 1st offence completely if its severe enough) because if someone's getting away with 1-2b+ items and continuously getting away with it, then yeah I'd probably label it severe enough to bypass the 1st offence provided we have proper evidence documented for us to go forward with the hypothetical ban in this conversation, and if other Staff also agree with that kind of thinking during the discussion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand being frustrated at the current rules and wanting to put the blame solely on those, I get it-- I truly do. However, in my entire time of being on Staff I have only seen 1 or 2 people get successfully banned for scamming because the evidence required for us to issue the ban for scamming was always incomplete and we couldn't continue further with the banning process.

Evidence can be "concrete" however if they do not capture everything we need to place the ban on them for scamming we're unable to continue forward with the ban. The evidence needed to get on the blacklist is unfortunately a bit different than reporting it because you mainly just need a screenshot of the scam after it happened and usually that'll get them added to the list, but for getting somebody banned we do need additional evidence required to move forward with that approach.

With that being said, please please please report these people even if you think a ban won't happen.
    It helps us keep track of problematic individuals and it could open the doors for Staff discussions on case by case situations.
    It could lead to a ban if more people come forward but it needs to be reported because we don't accept any blacklist posts as valid reports. (Unless its to show the individual's patterns, and aiding the current evidence you have gathered in your report.)

Here is the required evidence needed to increase your chances of getting a successful report to nail these problematic people copy-pasted from the Capturing Evidence thread:

Scamming:
    • Record the entire interaction to protect yourself and properly report the scammer in question.
    • Include evidence of agreement (agreed price of item/service, items included in trade, ~servertime, party window, your exp bar (if buying leech) etc.) In the case of expeditions or boss runs, please ensure that the agreement on who is entitled to what is settled prior to entering the expedition, and that this is clearly visible in the evidence.
    • Include evidence that agreement wasn't met (include ~servertime command to show time duration, screenshots of person offline or gone, your exp bar, party window)
    • Include evidence that the other part doesn't intend on rectifying the issue (chat screenshots, etc).
    • Please understand that Staff does not refund/return/pay back any transactions.

I agree the hoops you have to jump through are a lot, especially to have a higher chance at getting a successful scam-related ban, however in the same vein there's a reason why it has to be like this. Ignoring the "Include evidence of agreement/agreement not being met" portion of the evidence needed will open doors for people to lie, or splice together screenshots to make it look like the truth. (It has happened before, and it didn't work.) Or get their friends in on the report and have them accuse the person in question even if they didn't do anything wrong. Then we would need to get an Admin to verify chatlogs when they are already backlogged, and then on top of that it will open the doors for "well how come so and so had an Admin check their chatlogs?? Why can't you get mine checked too??" Which will lead us into requesting the Admin for essentially every single report so they can search through the chatlogs for every single incident dealing with missing chatlog information that wasn't gathered initially by the reporter otherwise they would get labelled as "cherrypicking certain reports."

So it's really an "everybody gets special treatment" or "nobody gets special treatment" when it comes for requesting Admins to check chatlogs for scamming or harassment reports which is why we rely on YOU (the person reading this) to document the evidence needed when making a report.

It is up to the reporter to gather as much evidence as they can. Our chatboxes can hold over ~10 hours of text now instead of the 64 lines they could do previously, tab out and read the Capturing Evidence thread that is pinned under Report Abuse and try to document everything you possibly can.
    There's no time-crunch to grab evidence because in the past having a shorter chatbox evidence would get washed away quickly, but now it's easy to scroll up and gather everything you can that supports your case.

A lot of the evidence submitted via Report Abuse unfortunately does not cover what we need in order to land a successful ban for scammers. It pains us just as much as you guys because we obviously don't want these people in our community, but in the same vein we also have to be fair to everyone because contrary to popular belief we don't ban first ask questions later. (Unless it's a very serious incident such as RWTing and the Admins noticed dodgy/suspicious trades/logs taking place with them.) We need that evidence of the initial interaction agreeing upon the terms, and then showing the agreed upon terms not being met as well, otherwise we have to decline it and it does suck knowing someone got away once again because the proper evidence was not captured.

It's a lot of work that needs to be done in the heat of the moment, I record any kind of deal (end of boss kills, trading APRs, hell even letting someone borrow a chair/wanting to try on expensive NX lol) that could end poorly. I am using Windows 10 its just as easy as pressing the Windows key + G to get the gamebar capture to appear and then press the record button. It takes me ~2-3 seconds minimum to get a video started.

This part's a bit difficult to word and I apologize of any miscommunication stems from it: I don't want to put the blame solely on the victims, however in the same breath due diligence does need to be done and expecting to not get scammed is unfortunately wishful thinking. People get scammed everywhere and its an unfortunate truth, I learned my lesson when I was 7-8 years old in GMS someone wanted to try on my brown bandana and poof! Like a fart in the wind they were gone, and never to be seen again. RIP my brown bandana. :'(

Most of the scammers are using mules and for a good reason-- to avoid getting crucified publicly and any other consequences that may come their way. It's already been listed in here what to look out for and such, so because of that I just want to touch on a few ideas and suggestions that were already submitted above:

Don't do trades with characters that look like mules: low level (under 120 to be safe), basic NX, default hair/faces, bathrobe wearing noobs, guildless, etc.
    Ask for a 50/50 split up front, or ask for the person buying the APRs (in this situation) to pay you first. If they get all whiny and weird its safe to assume it's a scam and you are more than allowed to back out of the deal if you do not feel comfortable going through with it.

I want to encourage those of you who can be bothered to record these interactions because it will greatly increase the rate of these scamming reports to actually get banned. Recording with Windows 10 takes literally ~ 3 seconds to set it up and hit record and will definitely help us in removing these people from our community.

Notes:
    When I took over the Blacklist back in 2019 I went out of my way to create a "How To Report" thread because at the time the current Staff "How To Report" didn't cover scamming, and even with those additional steps I am still seeing scamming reports unfortunately getting denied because it didn't capture the required evidence we need.

https://royals.ms/forum/threads/capturing-evidence-for-reports.177814/
    Scamming:
    • Record the entire interaction to protect yourself and properly report the scammer in question.
    • Include evidence of agreement (agreed price of item/service, items included in trade, ~servertime, party window, your exp bar (if buying leech) etc.) In the case of expeditions or boss runs, please ensure that the agreement on who is entitled to what is settled prior to entering the expedition, and that this is clearly visible in the evidence.
    • Include evidence that agreement wasn't met (include ~servertime command to show time duration, screenshots of person offline or gone, your exp bar, party window)
    • Include evidence that the other part doesn't intend on rectifying the issue (chat screenshots, etc).
    • Please understand that Staff does not refund/return/pay back any transactions.

11. Aqwrd

Aqwrd Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aqwrd
    IGN:CatsClaw
    REASON: Intentionally Trolling Horntail
    DETAILS:
    I need to preface this horntail run by some hours before, she was recruiting for horntail, asking for attacker with cr / se or something. I whispered and she told me to CC. So I did, and I waited...and waited, sent a whisper, about 10 minutes goes by and I see her smega again, recruiting for last attacker with cr, at some point I realize she isn't taking me and just chooses to ignore me. This lack of communication is a common theme.

A few hours pass by ....
    unknown1.png
    She smegas again looking for an attacker with se / cr mule. Great, I have both of those, I tell her i need a few minutes as I'm finishing up a zakum run, couldnt scroll up anymore to ss. She tells the channel. A few minutes go by and zakum is killed, she smegas again looking for an attacker with se mule, I whisper saying yeah I have that and am omw.

unknown2.png
    When I join the party the first thing she asks if I can sed.

unknown3.png
    I ask for a door and the leader and bishop have already gone inside. No checks, no R's?, no anything. At this point, I'm thinking to myself, okay is it really that hard to type something and check if people are ready before going inside? So I simply let out a zzzzzzz. I refuse to accept that this is some super toxic statement, its a command to your pet ffs. You can literally type zzz to your pet and it will gain happiness.

unknown4.png

Anyways as you can see, nothing was said about not needing a se. I responded to the smega saying she was looking for an attacker with se by literally saying "i bring se mule". So once again, lack of communication, I type zzzz again because at this point its getting ridiculous. I wasted a dragon elixir bringing my se inside, which I said I was bringing. This Auf'ed NL doesn't know how to organize a party? I knew that arguing was going to get us nowhere though and eventually just settled and said "ok". I just wanted to continue on the run. It really wasn't that big a deal.

unknown5.png
    Them talking about adding me to their guilds blacklist, because apparently zzz was too much for them. Mind you, there's nothing I'm hiding in these messages. It was two zzzzz's and then us talking about what happened. No flaming, name calling etc. Pretty funny considering what happens next.

unknown6.png
    Apparently, unbeknownst to anyone in the party, she has decided to make herself sed. She asked if I could sed earlier, I said yes, she can clearly see I'm a shad....so what happens? The first sed of prehead two, kills her. Okay, hold on. Accidents can happen, even I know that. No, she makes herself sed on main body as well and the first sed kills her again. Not even a tail touch either. Her response when she died for the 2nd time was zzzzzz which I thought was hilarious. So everyone in the party and the buyer has to play extra careful because she wants to troll the horntail. Rez was already on CD because we wasted it on her 2nd prehead. I think even TL was on cooldown. Had she died a 3rd time, we would've been without the team's strongest attacker, and down to a quad ht. When she entered first, she didn't show any signs that it was a mistake, or that she forgot. I repeat, this is an Auf'ed NL, she understands Horntail very well, she was calling out dp timers as well. This was not a mistake. My two Zzzzz's caused her to troll the entire horntail run. Maybe zzzz is super toxic and I just inkabaned myself, oh well, better by my own hands than yours.

[​IMG]
    A week later and the Wiggle member randomly defaming. As if I was the one that crossed the line, not the 10k range NL who intentionally dies twice to make the experience bad for the entire team and buyer.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
    Sweetbean, Fergerar, eVolve and 5 others like this.
  12. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

Just to point out a few things @Aqwrd :
    - catsclaw = applebear, she was muling her BS
    - she's not auf helmed, its far from finished, so using that as an argument is irrelevant
    - the reason she preferred being sed is most likely because she was muling the BS and could heal herself
    - there seems to be a lot of communication issues and confusion (and a little bit of language barrier perhaps), as i've never seen her being rude in my life

I don't defend her or you and don't want anything to do with this conflict, just thought i'd point out some things u got wrong.

Kung, linkbane, CreamGoddess and 6 others like this.
  13. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JustJae
    Guild:
    Blacklist
    Also regarding the catsclaw incident.

Why are there no screenshots/chatlogs of the actual HT run?

We have all these screenshots of your SE mule wasting elixir which sucks but how is there no pictures of the 40-60minute HT run?

You can't say they are trolling and provide all these screenshots not regarding the main reason you're posting about that person.
    Yes it sucks you wasted elixir on SE but I'm pretty sure it was just really bad communication.

CreamGoddess, jaydenlim and Shnang like this.
  14. Doo

Doo Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    #Create

zzzzzzz means you are dumb :donke:and are taunting:spoop: in our culture

kinda rude:karven:

source
    https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/1772471141501183860.html
    https://www.ptt.cc/man/WarCraftChat/D2C/D69C/M.1234679493.A.BE0.html

Dong, Tail, CreamGoddess and 3 others like this.
  15. frozenrain

frozenrain Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    snowy803
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Also no comment on the actual report but this seems like a them problem?

You play in a global community you follow global cultural conventions, and that says zzzz is not being rude.

If we started tiptoeing around every local cultural grievances there'd be no end to it.

Shai, eVolve, benkrong and 3 others like this.
  16. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Why are you the one that gets to dictate "global cultural conventions" though lol

17. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    And calling someone 87 by "global" standards is nothing but it's pretty well known what it means here. Just gotta be mindful. I'm sure Doo is just giving an explanation on why APPLEBEAR reacted that way. I personally did not know about the "zzzz" thing, TIL too

Tail, Doo, Tyloo and 3 others like this.
  18. IDman

IDman Well-Known Member

IGN:
    iFoundMyID
    Level:
    Guild:
    DemonSlayers
    Why not let catsclaw respond by herself?

Also, just because you haven't seen something, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Although you say you have no intend do defend her, it sure looks like it (to me). Besides, (the last) 2 of the 4 points you say Aqward is wrong about are merely speculations on your end and/or subjective perceptions.

Aqwrd and incostancy like this.
  19. bibz

bibz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gewn
    Guild:
    Rice
    then why does this blacklist exist lol

ofc other ppl are gonna chime in with their experiences with the person being blacklisted, negative or positive

Dong, KDT, jaydenlim and 5 others like this.
  20. frozenrain

frozenrain Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    snowy803
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    You are free to argue otherwise, and I'm all ears as to how saying "zzzzz" deserves being called kinda rude from anyone not part of that culture.

Seems a bit of pedantry.

My point is that people should not be justified in taking unintentional slights that others have no means of knowing about and using that as a justification to slight others in return. Which again I am not suggesting happened, just want to ward off that argument from Doo.

I mean my limited experience with Catsclaw was wholly positive too. But I feel that Aqwrd should get to have his say on what appears to be legitimate grievances without being shut down wholesale on the topic.

eVolve and Aqwrd like this.