General [Feedback Request] Multi-Channel Multi-Client Farming

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Matt, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Hello all,

The topic of 'Multi-Channel Multi-Client farming' was brought up in our most recent Q&A, where we were asked for our opinion on this, and whether or not we are willing to implement any systems to tackle what seems to be a problematic style of gameplay.

For those unaware of what Multi-Channel Multi-Client farming is, it is the act of farming specific items from mobs by having many clients open on different channels of a particular type of map, most notably used within the Haunted House maps due to the small map size and Heartstopper loot. This style of play is achieved by using a class which can attack whilst not requiring frequent input by the player - in most cases these are the summon skills which mage and bowman classes have. The user rotates between all their clients looting, recasting skills, and to respond to any anti-bot checks. This is often done using in excess of 3 channels and in extreme cases we have seen more than 10 channels being taken by a single user.

As you may know, we have made certain changes over the years which have had an affect on this style of gameplay. The most obvious changes being that mobs killed by summons don't have their loot picked up by pets automatically - requiring players to manually loot the items, and patching the bug which caused key-down skills such as Hurricane to continue to attack after tabbing to another client.

Understandably it takes some substantial effort to create the multiple high levelled characters to able to farm items in this way, and is rewarding to those who do so, but ultimately the game was not intended to be played in this manner and it does promote what we would call an unhealthy style of gameplay and also causes difficulty for others finding unoccupied maps to use.

We are willing to implement further restrictions, and the next step would likely a change to map ownership so that only one map can be owned at a time per computer.

We have created this thread to hear your thoughts about this style of gameplay, whether or not you agree that further restrictions should be implemented, and for users to suggest any other ideas they may have.

lozy, chainyu0220, Noctiluca and 7 others like this.
  2. Taehyunn

Taehyunn Donator

IGN:
    AsuneNL
    Level:
    Guild:
    Wiggle
  3. Dann

Dann Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Surgyn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Don't fix something isn't broken please

Shanmango, MRNG, Snake and 8 others like this.
  4. bibz

bibz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gewn
    Guild:
    Rice
    just because newer players that don't know there are good alternatives and no reason to be salty are whining, doesn't mean you have to nerf the players that have been here the longest and put in the time and effort to find ways to make mesos on this server

just DON'T

literally the only people that have been upset about it are the newer players who don't know better

don't nerf the players that have been the most devoted for the sake of new players who aren't educated or informed. i swear to god. it would be the most brainless move ever.

5. Zusti

Zusti Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lemie/Zustee
    Guild:
    Rogue
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Why is my comment being deleted? I believe this is a very important point in this discussion. This is the primary method we farmers employ to keep up with the economy and inflation due to the hackers that aren't being permanently banned/are ban evading under different IP address/MAC address. Understandably this post can be on feedback if you'd like to further discuss on the deletion of this post. I, for one, would prefer to keep the conversation here as me and many players believe it pertains to this 'issue' you have brought up about multiple map owners. Are you trying to censor what our players believe in to filter out the comments you do not want to hear?

chainyu0220, Hahn, MRNG and 23 others like this.
  6. Nerd

Nerd Donator

Guild:
    Create
    @Matt - To be clear are you specifically talking about stopper farming or multi client farming in general? The title of the post is vague while the body specifies stoppers - these changes would effect almost every other multi mage farming method, is that your intent?

7. Sen

Sen Donator

IGN:
    Sentenial
    Your comment was deleted because it was phrased in a tone that was clearly intended to incite negativity. It would not have been deleted if you had phrased it this way the first time around. If you want to have a conversation on this issue, please make a good faith effort to phrase your thoughts in the Feedback section in a productive manner moving forward. Thank you.

Enticing likes this.
  8. Al3x

Al3x Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    13uccaneer
    Level:
    The issue of multi-channel multi-client farming should have been resolved ages ago but now changing anything without a fully implemented auto-ban will have a huge impact on the players that have established mules to farm.

Zusti, Aestel, jeff8434 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kenny

Kenny Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shadower
    Level:
    Stopper farming is just a notable example. Other example includes holding a boss map, particularly big foot, with multiple characters.

This thread simply aims to collect feedback on this topic. Please keep the conversation productive as we wish to further understand both arguments!

Kyree, Weird4Live, Nerd and 1 other person like this.
  10. Rielle

Rielle Game Balancer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Riellex3
    Guild:
    Wiggle
    I do appreciate the conscious effort to seek feedback on this matter.

From my observations, the people complaining about not getting a stopper map are those that aren't aware or just simply refuse to go to the other options available to them. Hoodoos/Voodoos aren't the only map that you can farm stoppers in. There's a total of 3 maps I believe that are decent maps. With 20 channels, that's 60 possible maps you can farm at. I know with certainty that not all 60 maps are occupied at all times. Psycho jacks aren't even entirely worse than the former because they also drop Screws (about the same value or higher vs. stoppers these days).

Holding bosses are also part of the natural competition. There's tons of maps for bigfoot and headless horseman that players can look through. I haven't once had an issue where I couldn't find a single bigfoot in all the maps and channels around. It seems more as a matter of players not being aware or aren't willing to learn about the available locations. If you're out of bigfoots, there's always Samurai, Black Crow, Anego, Ulu, Ellin, ToT, etc. Just because you can't get the BEST map whenever you want doesn't mean that the system is flawed.

My point is that there's almost always more options in the game that players give it credit for. There's other maps to summon farm that are even arguably better income than stoppers.

Rather than take away a mechanic to screw up some of our most devoted players who have found their unique ways to make income, why don't we focus more on adding more viable options so that people don't feel so hard-stuck on one thing at a time? LHC is probably one of the best examples added this year. It's content that many players definitely enjoy and often partake in it without ruining the other option of bossing.

11. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Whats the solution we are looking at yet again? To continue punish legitimate, hardworking and dedicated players,
    • Summon pet loot nerf
    • Global equip/potion drop nerf
    • Potion prices increased
    • Mage Ulti marco nerfs
    • Hurricane nerf
    • Ulu1 nerf
    • Duku map nerf
    Royals is flooded with hackers, botters, and RWTers even until today, without Joong & Tim actively around and at this point players got totally no idea what's the autoban situation is like right now.
    Let us take a look at our October GM Blog & November GM blog

upload_2021-12-19_3-43-22.png
    upload_2021-12-19_3-52-53.png
    "Very close to being ready to be put onto the live server", "The auto banner will continue to be developed and improved, and the road ahead is clear"
    The assurance from a year ago is currently, questionable. I wish my "almost nothing is getting worked on" feeling isn't true.
    2Smokeyy has been flying in FM everyday for god sake, and staff letting these hackers be, says alot.

-

Why are dedicated players consistently trying to create these methods to farm?
    The answer is simple, the market is inflated by these cheaters and without autoban throughout the years to a point that the staff created the meta where legitimate players has no other options but to do this.
    Deep down, no one likes to multiclient with tiny clients when you have the choice of a full HD client immersion.
    Players could only do this to somewhat reasonably keep up with all the hacker and botter armies funding all the cheaters.

Lets be honest, the problem isn't the map ownership toxicity, but the methods players have came out with that creates the gap between veteran & casuals.
    These complaints are made because not everyone have the time to create a bunch of lvl130 mages to mass farm, but we all know, the bigger concern is : Theres a large amount of currencies generated from these methods.

Solution
    But hey joon! There are close to no hackers at one point. Great, yet the market is already broken.
    Fix the inflation created by hackers & RWTers if the autoban works. Players will no longer need to multiclient like this to compete against them is the perfect world that what we are looking for.

Players farming in 2 maps with a single computer results in a : first ban 14 days, second ban 30 days, third ban perma.
    Then yes friends, you're directed to use controllers and buy more computers to keep up with the market. All we're missing is someone to find a comfortable method to do it, and it will once again be a problem.

-

Let me add this in, these farming methods aint broken, the game is.
    What kind of MMO's hardest end game bosses and using a low level 130 mage single client farming in ulu results in the same profit/h?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  12. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sena
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    I have a genuine question. What would be the point of multiclienting anymore if these limitations were imposed?

jaydenlim, ^-^, Filter and 1 other person like this.
  13. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Bossing. No one needs the map ownership in a group boss map after all.
    And buff mules in general like HS for leechers.
    But to keep claim on a popular map in multiple channels would be impossible with more than a single client.

14. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

We are literally going backwards :-/

15. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Sounds like something people will be able to bypass with multiple computers, and VPNs. And when that happens, you'd need to find those who bypass your rules, and ban them after collecting evidence. Frankly, this sounds like a lot of hassle added for staff that won't be preformed regularly enough to fight the small amount of players that will still try to game this new system. At that point, you'd make a newer gap in the playerbase that you'll need to actively fight.

And you know what, even if you do manage to keep all of the players in check (because maybe people will find it not worth the risk or time), would all that effort result in a massively more healthy market and gameplay? The amount of players that go to the extreme with summon farming are in the large minority, their effects on this game should be measureable. Did you guys really check the effect these players had on the server as a whole to deterim this is a major issue that is worth your time?

As a side note, there are other stopper maps in the game (psycho jack), which are still fairly good in terms of droprate, that are far less populated. If this change will come into effect, it will release the most popular map, and force the players that already invested in summon farming to just, yknow, move to those less popular maps (instead of throwing their months of time investment). Why would anybody bother "stealing" their inferior map now that the voodoo maps are more available? So you didn't stop these players from playing in this "unhealthy" manner, you just nerfed the droprate for them, and freed up the popular map, at the price of developing a complicated system for the map ownership, and maybe even needing to actively hunt down those who try to game your new system.

Idk about this one...

MaiAh and nut like this.
  16. JuliusOmega

JuliusOmega Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Guild:
    Create
    hello hello, you could also implement other places where the same mobs appear, two or three more maps, so there would be an opportunity to make way for 40 or 60 more people, it is only to change the mobs with the existing maps, I guess that would save you a lot admins work and benefits the slowly growing number of new players

17. AshPile

AshPile Donator

IGN:
    AshPile
    GMs and/or admins should first ensure the game environment is clean and free from hackers before putting any restrictions on legitimate users.

You should understand that restricting meso farming of legitimate users will only increase the hacker's income/hr.

Kloss, CodGhost, Spriggin and 15 others like this.
  18. Kethoe

Kethoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DripBrew
    Level:
    Guild:
    Freaky
    Instead of releasing new promised content and moving the server forward, let’s NERF SOME MORE AND SPEND TIME TARGETING THE GAME’S MOST DEDICATED PLAYERS!

I don’t even play anymore cause I lost faith in the direction the game is headed and it looks like (surprise surprise) nothing has changed.

CodGhost, Spriggin, azuma and 13 others like this.
  19. Relmy

Relmy Donator

IGN:
    Relmy
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Hi, starting on, regardless of I may look a bit passive agressive with some of my toughts, this is not the intention at all, is just that in this matter I not only disagree with the proposed changes I even think that the starting points of view that lead to the conclusions of the "problem" are wrong. This is not longer a matter of points of view, theres several missinterpretations that creates wrong targettings and as a results bad moves like a nerf here would be. But sharing this toughts have the only purpose of be a positive feedback.

Speaking specifically of farming(not keeping maps) just look problematic because of 2 reasons:

1.-Theres several ppl ataching server inflation to multiclient farming as "the main source of inflation". Wich is directly WRONG. with the current rates of mesos flooded daily to the server, if you check how much is actually made by this method you will see the % is low compared to how much is made by both hacking and the influx of ilegitimate nx flooded into the server. Several ppl who have an slight idea of economy have made several comparissions in the past,with real life economy, sadly most, if not all( havent heard any player even the most expert ones) have no clue whats the Biggests problem the servers has currently. If any player keeps talking about meso sinks- auf helm- multiclienting and believe it or not hacking exclusively as the main source of the problems, youre failing to see the biggest issue. Nver stopped to think the difference between real life economy where we have natural forced currency sinks, where things dont last forever and mainly where exist multiples types of currencys... But this is a very VERY large topic to adress.... TLDR.- If you think multi client farming is the main economy problem in this server youre just wrong.

2.- Because It makes a difference in progress between ppl who do it, and those who dont.- This is entirely a personal experience problem, is not real. Despite theres several areas where this game is actually competitive, most of the content actually requires COOPERATION. So if your method makes you get the same benefits in 1 month that i get in 1 year, great. As long as your method dont screw anyone else, theres no real problem. Sadly several low self estime ppl actually feel jelous about others progress. I have been here almost non stop close to 4 years.. and theres several players that have equal or more wealth than me having less than 2 years... and you know what? THATS FAIR, they broke their asses off, they found unique techniques, they deserve it...even more I boss with those ppl, and the most they progress the faster my runs actually are too LOL. If you found yourself being TOO competitive...maybe this is not your game after all.....

And here we are looking for another nerf.... Maybe its time to change the perspective?....

OK...what? OFC the moment this server was created you haved a POV of how this game should be played... youre in your right to have your opinion, but with all of respect, how do you know how is this game supossed to be played?????... OFC theres some parts of the game with a pretty clear intention but, even with that i think NO ONE should say these words ever, or at least express them as facts instead of merely personal opinions....

Unhealthy... for who?.- The ones who do it?.- They will spend hours sit anyway..is not the gamestyle. For others? .- why would someone complaion about ppl taking 3-4 chs of voodos? bcs they cant find a single ch for them? or bcs they ALSO wanted to stick their 4 mages there?... Those ppl are just venting their frustations bcs they cant do what they wanted to, I havent seen a clear argument fro mthese ppl yet.

Last, if you express this questions saying this.....cannot complain about the playerbase getting mad, or defend yourself under " I never said were nerfing it, we were just asking" .Look at it again it clearly shows you on favor of nerfing, and if you arent, comon, you have to admit that this is poorly expressed then......

To finish Any form of nerf to the current legally meso making method is dependant of auto ban and vote abuse fix system. Not because it would distarct you ot ahything, its bcs is related, not gonna give more details as previous replys adress them perfectly, I am not in my right to give orders or whatsoever, but You really should not even talk or consider this things wiotuth fixing those first 2 1st. Does not make sense. You cant do any positive change here, even if you want to.

Cloudette, 2ScoopRice, Filter and 4 others like this.
  20. HikariNoPuri

HikariNoPuri Donator

Level:
    Before I state my opinion, I will say I am someone who currently benefits from multiclienting farming.

Why do people multiclient farm? Because there isn't a good alternative to raising mesos besides leeching. The prices of things have dropped tremendously in the past two years especially when it comes to stuff like HT drops, neo tokyo drops (scrolls, coins etc). This is pretty demoralizing when you have to invest so much into building a character (and most likely a mule or two to support party plays).

The income from multiclient farming has dropped as well but not nearly as much as bossing or rare scroll/drop farming.

Don't nerf multi-client farming until good alternatives are made available. I think it's silly that maps that require high mage investment (besides skeles) like at Temple of Time give worse meso per hour than the maps that require zero investment with level 1 mage ults. Give people an incentive to invest levels and gear on mages. Give people an incentive to get excited about bossing being a competitive alternative to farming for mesos.

Multi-clienting farming is just a symptom of the poor end game economy, not the disease.