How do you feel about the nerf to summon farming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akash, Dec 13, 2018.

?

Do you like the fact that pets can no longer loot items from monsters killed by summons?

1. yes

173 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. no

162 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. tazan

tazan Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    if i'm actively grinding on a high spawn map for event etc, why am i punished for using my 4th job skill? :confused:

seems like a lazy fix for 1 specific item from 1 specific map

[​IMG]

ZeroC, HikariNoPuri, Dipp and 4 others like this.
  2. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    My love of the server went away after new source was released and I lost interest in it entirely half a year ago and scarcely thought about it once in that time, so the update really doesn't make me feel sad or anything. I have to say though, I made an insane amount of meso from it and finished all my goals in the game thanks to it, so I can say for sure it was insanely broken. Making 800m daily minimum from ~5 hours of playtime is nuts, and on tryhard days of farming with 1b net income (even up to 2b with the Red Envelope event), yeah, the nerf was coming haha. :p

Mrkaren, Johnny, Ray and 11 others like this.
  3. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    People will realize they sell at a loss, and sell stuff in ht for higher, if anyone gets hurt by this its the buyer at the end of that chain

Shaderip likes this.
  4. Caedes

Caedes Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Caedes
    Level:
    Bitches be lazy 'round here. Learn to press the pick up button, mates :o

Ray, KWJ, jaydenlim and 6 others like this.
  5. Zerato

Zerato Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EclipseDK
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valhalla
    The whole summon farming thing is an extremely stupid game mechanic and the only mistake here is that it was even possible in the first place.
    Having never done it myself, I don't mind it going away. But I can see why some people will frown upon the fact that many old players had a source of wealth, which is not available to players from now on.
    I voted yes.

TheKing, Vinilos and MaiAh like this.
  6. Venin

Venin Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I think a lot of players, including myself and the ones who took advantage of summon farming would agree that it is just stupid gameplay, evidently from the votes casted.

But much of the frustration lies in the change without notice. Yea players have been raising their concerns about this since long ago, yes the Staff receive countless reports of botting in voodoos (I've sent a couple too) but the voices, concerns and frustration from the players for the longest time was never at all centralised.

There are threads about HP washing and they were obvious. It was and is still a hot topic. Any thread with regards to HP washing always invite a lot of comments and feedback from the forum users. Staff and veterans had inputs in some of those threads and therefore you could tell it was quite centralised.

The threads on class buffing/nerfing are blatantly smacked at the top for all to see as their title suggests in the pinned threads of the Feedback section. The Staff took their time and some of which are more than a month old. Those are clearly and obviously centralised.

As for something like this change, it never stood a chance in receiving inputs from the players. It would be so so so much better of players got to say something and get shot down or supported by the Staff rather than us having no say at all. Why are the Staff refusing to start a thread, just like class or pq changes, or tap on to an existing thread started by a player and build from there? Mind you, the latest thread on stopper farming is not about looting, it's about multi clienting and taking up multiple channels. The recent change focuses more on semi afk farming. So that's a different message it's trying to send.

The server is surviving partly and significantly because of the players. The game should be modelled to what the players AND the Staff think is best. Not modelled by only the Staff and only to prove that they are right afterwards.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Alstero, Johnny, Dipp and 6 others like this.
  7. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    I 100% understand how a lot of players will be feeling this way right now, and how it's definitely an unexpected and controversial change. The main reason for players not being given notice about this change, nor a thread being made about this possible change - or if it was needed; Is predominantly because any discussion or hint as to what changes could be upcoming, would give some players (those who visit the forum, read the thread, and understand the potential market consequences of the change) an opportunity to get what I think is an unfair advantage over others who had no idea. I also feel that as the topic is quite controversial (as the current poll results seem to prove), that any prior discussion about it would become pretty volatile and leave a bad taste on the forum, then cause further tensions after a decision had been made and it being implemented.

I really do believe that sometimes - as frustrating as it may seem - is that some changes are best done in the order of 'implement > get feedback > decide whether to keep or not', and I do feel this is one of those changes. So essentially, this is the feedback thread, and honestly I'm quite surprised and happy with how much support the change has gotten so far. But of course, if that changes over time, we could revert the change and try to find a better solution. However, a lot of thought has gone into this change, and I do think it will improve the overall gameplay experience in the long run.

Alstero, Catalyst, Johnny and 27 others like this.
  8. CerealnOats

CerealnOats Well-Known Member

IGN:
    xTeacup
    The argument for there not being any prior notice/hint for a change like this doesn’t hold much ground, especially if you agree it’s dumb gameplay.

The only let down here should be that this change didn’t come sooner, before so many have invested and come to rely on this source of income.

Treat this backlash as ripping off a bandaid - hurts a fuck ton, but healthier for the server in the long run.

Yan, sids, Ray and 4 others like this.
  9. MeguFire

MeguFire Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MamaHong
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    I support the new change.

My stand is that people should play the game the way it was meant to be played.

And by that I mean the good old days where people weren't multi-clienting (more like they couldn't), using mules for buffs or afk summon farming.

This is a good step in that direction.

Muff, Nes, sids and 5 others like this.
  10. jaydenlim

jaydenlim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    acme
    We sell 200m
    [​IMG]

Seojoon, Iridescent, Cynn and 14 others like this.
  11. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
    small apologize
    I support the new change yea,but
    mine support it's for combating that semi-afk/multiclient(bot looking like) farming
    after talking with few archers and farming myself pigs activly as bishop
    i came to small issue where my pet could not loot things that my bahamut killed
    and i had to manual loot that + other things that i normaly have item pet ignored

we lose something we get something i guss =[
    i was thinking like
    if pet's can get timer so if the person don't show any activty for 10sec auto loot off
    if after 1min still not actity pet off

Catalyst, NTR, Fatlip and 3 others like this.
  12. Venin

Venin Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Is it worth considering maybe reducing the summon time? Reducing the summon time forces players to be more active than the current summon time. So instead of 160+ seconds, is making it about 80 seconds possible? Not sure if this was suggested before.

Ohad likes this.
  13. Nostalgia123

Nostalgia123 Donator

Country Flag:
    maybe try sp resetting ur summon

Catalyst likes this.
  14. HuaiEn

HuaiEn Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HuaiEn/Yun
    Level:
    Guild:
    [N]akama
    Excessive multiclienting is the issue, not the farmers. People hosting 3 man cwkpq, hogging lots of bosses using mules, bringing all sorts of mules to boss runs, doing lpq or kpq by themselves etc.

I always thought it was better to restrict multi clienting to 2 to 4 than to nerf all the farmers.

Personally i just started farming with my bm at lepre, and its discouraging to know that i can no longer do casual farming while busy with other things (e.g. Studying, movie). Manual looting means i have to always be looking at my screen.

Besides there is no other source of stable incoome other than voting or selling leech if have mage, or grind at ulu.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Kung, Sh0oK, Fatlip and 1 other person like this.
  15. Tentomon

Tentomon Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainHeidi
    Level:
    That's kinda the point though...

Kung and Ghostie like this.
  16. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    @sids where is your mage

Mrkaren, sids and jaydenlim like this.
  17. purple

purple Member

i've usually farmed heartstoppers for personal use only (no intent to distribute) with 1 client while doing something else outside the game, and i come back every 2-3 minutes to rebuff and keep mapowner with an attack so having to also walk across a (small) map holding the loot key for a couple of seconds isn't a big deal to me.

Sh0oK, Kai and Tentomon like this.
  18. CerealnOats

CerealnOats Well-Known Member

IGN:
    xTeacup
    Have you guys maybe read the patch notes on why this change was made. . ?

[​IMG]

You're welcome.

Kai likes this.
  19. Sh0oK

Sh0oK Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sh0oK
    Level:
    I guess I'm in the minority but I don't support this change. Feels like its punishing legit players because of an increased amount of botters/ multiclients hogging the channels. I don't like the people who take up all the channels with tons of accounts either. But I think using one account, watching the screen in your peripheral vision, and rebuffing manually every 2-3min while making sure map owner is yours should be fine. There aren't many ways to get decent attack pots and to the people suggesting PQ's become the main supply I just really don't think the two are comparable. This server isn't big enough for that to be a steady way of obtaining them like farming on your own terms is.

Fatlip and Nostalgia123 like this.
  20. Nes

Nes Donator

You can pretty much still do that now, just have to loot everything when you recast. So it's slightly less effective than it was before, but still works. It only becomes a problem if you're trying to do it on a ridiculous number of clients, or while almost completely afk (like while bossing, or leeching on another client...something like that)

Vinilos, KWJ, NTR and 1 other person like this.