*NEWER* Community Blacklist

Discussion in 'Community' started by lilaznpnk, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilaznpnk

lilaznpnk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Time for another new blacklist to keep it active.

-WHAT IS THIS?-
    The Community Blacklist is a list of players who have abused the community in a way in which no formal action (bans) can be taken against them. This can include things such as scamming, harassment, toxic players, or anything else which takes away from the community as a whole. While they may have not done enough to be banned, building a Community Blacklist helps us avoid these players and any problems they may cause in the future.

-HOW I'M RUNNING THE BLACKLIST-
    There was some debate in the old blacklist about what exactly was worth reporting or not. I am going to add anyone who is toxic to the community. This can range from major offences such as serial leech scammers, to minor fame scamming. If you have lost the community's trust in some way, I see it as reason enough for you to get on this list. I will be organizing this thread by type of offences, so it will be up to you to decide what someone's name on this blacklist means to you.

-FORMAT-
    IGN: (example: IGN123)
    Reason for blacklisting: (example: scammed Zakum helmet during run)
    Details (include picture if applicable): (example: looter named IGN123 was told to hug left wall, but as soon as Zakum died, he ran towards the drops, looted everything and logged out)
    or
    Original Thread:
    If you already created a post, you can just provide a link to it.

-Blacklist-
    -Slapeye: Boss Runs, Leech & Harassment/Other
    -Makayla: AP Reset & Leech scams
    -Jacto/Doue: Boss & AP Reset scams
    -LxiaoWuGuil: Boss Runs & Leech scams
    -Zico/Worker: AP Reset & Leech scams
    Boss Runs:
    -ShadowTW: Zakum - Stole TT20 & Leaf (1) (2)
    -L0rde (0 is a zero): Zakum - Not following run instructions. (AFK, not HBing, etc) (1)
    -SharpStars: Zakum - Stole all drops (1)
    -Magicii: Mislooting boss drops (1)
    -FreezeForst: Zakum - Did not pay for helm (1)
    -Slapeye: Zakum - Stole helm (1) (2)
    -YODO: Zakum - Intentional mislooting leaf (1) (2)
    -Jacto/Doue - Multiple cases of looting Helms/Drops (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
    -LxiaoWuGuil: Intentionally stealing drops (1) (2) (3) (4)

FM/Shop Scams:
    -RamboTW: Bundling shop scam (1)
    -FatAmber: Bundling shop scam (1)
    -Oxigen0102: Fake chair shop scam (1)
    -FlyForg: Fake chair shop scam (1)
    -Eckstazy: Fake chair shop scam (1)
    -RaFaCuLa: Fake chair shop scam (1) (2)
    -Karlavian: Fake chair shop scam (1)
    -GosuOuO: Bundling shop scam (1)
    -Deadfeel: Serial AP Reset Scammer (1) (2)
    -Makayla: Serial Scammer (AP Reset) (1) (2) (3)
    -Jacto/Doue: AP Reset Scammer (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
    -Eror: Serial NX Scammer (1) (2)
    -Haul: Serial scammer (1) (2)
    -LordLanceLot/Adler/Mast: SCG Scammer (1) (2) (3)
    -MyShop: Serial AP Reset Scammer (1) (2) (3) (4)
    -zico/Worker: Serial Scammer (AP Reset) (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)
    -SAFARIMAN: Attempted to scam AP Resets (1)
    Permanently banned from the server

Leech Scams:
    -Kosamkars: Not paying for leech (1)
    -Sargantas/JoelGuty: Scamming leech. (1) (2) (3)
    -Slapeye: Scamming Leech (1)
    -Netila: Samming Leech (1)
    -Makayla: Serial Scammer (Leech) (1) (2) (3)
    -LovelyBear: Serial Scammer (Leech) (1) (2) (3)
    -lumixo: Not paying for leech (1)
    -LxiaoWuGuil: Intentionally stealing drops (1) (2) (3) (4)
    -zico/Worker: Serial Scammer (Leech) (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)
    -Vlada: Serial leech scamer. (Did not give service)
    Has quit all known characters

Fame Scams:
    -Throwbaq: Fame Scamming (1)
    -CHSH503C: Fame Scamming (1)

Harassment/Other:
    -H3rmiTLuiz: Harassment and stalking (1)
    -Kaim: KSing low-health BF (1)
    -Slapeye: Harassment & Toxic player (1) (2)
    -yuukikonno: Stealing Manon Cry (1) (2)

If you feel as though you or someone no longer deserves to be on the blacklist, then feel free to post. The community can then talk over whether or not we feel the blacklist needs to be updated.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  2. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    Yay thanks for remaking this Kevin!
    I will keep my eyes peeled O________________O

Edit;;

Would a shop scam be like those people who do the teeth 200 for 500k, then like the 1 for 500k hidden inbetween?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    xFishy, Plenty, Mono and 1 other person like this.
  3. lilaznpnk

Country Flag:
    Moved over the old blacklist. Will slowly work to link as many as I can back to their original posts.

That, or they place an ETC item that looks like a chair (Death Teddy ETC) in between multiple high priced chairs.

@Andreas, if you wouldn't mind switching the stickies on the blacklists so we have an active one on top ^^

Mono, Jeen and Andreas like this.
  4. ZforZack

ZforZack Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Utalitarian
    Level:
    Guild:
    N/A
    Watch out for yuukikonno she will swoop in and take the manon cry when you kill.

5. lilaznpnk

Country Flag:
    Would you happen to have any screenshots, additional proof, or anyone to back up your story? I haven't decided whether or not I want to add individual reports without proof such as this yet.

EDIT: Buccaneer/Jackson has vouched for this but can one of you still post a better explanation of what happened please. It'll help in the long run =]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    Mono likes this.
  6. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Privateer
    I was there with Zack when this happened. The bishop came by when I was killing manon and the health was 1/3 of the way down. We told her to cc several times, but she would not, so we just decided there isn't a way to actually get rid of her. Fo the duration of the kill, she stayed on the opposite side of the map away from manon and mobs. I was killing it on my bucc when it was almost dead, but Zack recently died, so I had to hold off killing it until he came back. By the time he came back, I was typing for him to hit and kill the manon, it 1/1 and killed both of us. At this point, the manon was at 2% health. We both relogged to see if we can salvage the kill on time. Right when I got into the map, I see the manon getting killed by her, and dropping 2 manon cry's. I quickly picked one up, but she picked the other one up. Zack was too late and it was stolen.

The screenshot doesn't really tell us anything, but it was just a SS for authenticity of any sort.

Attached Files:

lilaznpnk likes this.
  7. Muren

Muren Donator

IGN:
    Mooren
    Level:
    OuO
    Guild:
    426Unity
    Since the community blacklist became something useful for many people I think things should be handle better this time so here are some things I think could be improved:
    No one should be added without solid proof. There are many people who was reported in the old thread without any solid proof, In my opinion this people should not be in the blacklist until there is proof of their 'crimes'.
    This is a community blacklist not your guild blacklist, if someone should be added/removed it should be discussed here where everyone from the community can participate.
    If that is for you then it has nothing to do here, (again) this is the community blacklist not your own blacklist if you want to add someone you must do a report just like everyone else.

Sen, Ranika, Michael and 7 others like this.
  8. lilaznpnk

Country Flag:
    My problem with this is that actually obtaining proof for a lot of the offences made can be quite difficult here. The easiest example being looters on runs. We all know that there are plenty of people who just play ignorance after they've stolen items, and in the end you wouldn't be able to produce any proof at all. While proof makes it easy, I think an informative account of what happened also has its merits. At the very least, not requiring proof encourages those who are less experienced and have absolutely no evidence to still post in the thread. That way, if the same person comes up again, in a completely separate report, we have more information to consider.

Can't really argue with this one. Just used to trusting my guild and talking things through with them. I'll change this right away =]

While I had did say this one is for me (I'll remove the message), I am still going to leave this category on the blacklist for now. As one of the people that lives in the forums, and often times the shoutbox, I feel as though this is an important thing to have on the side. Right now, there is no formal consequence in place for requesting a GM in the shoutbox. I've personally seen someone continuing to do this multiple times over months after I, other members, and even STAFF reminded them that it was not allowed and extremely rude. Just yesterday, I woke up to five different people asking for GMs in the shoutbox because noone told them to stop and they didn't care about the text above.
    As a whole, this problem has gotten so bad at times that Matt has joked around about adding shoutbox bans more than once. Until those bans go into place, I feel like there should be somewhere to keep track of this. And, like I explained where how I'm going to run the Blacklist, I will be adding anyone who is toxic to the community. I feel as though people who choose to ignore big red text and constant reminders from the community and staff fall under this category.
    In the end, this list will mean as much to any player as they make it out to be. It is still left to them to decide what someone's place on the blacklist says about another person. Personally, I wouldn't want to boss with someone who either can't read or respect the staff of this community.

EDIT:
    In addition, if you're curious as to how I'm currently trying to handle the shoutbox section, I'm saving screenshots of those who have been told to stop requesting staff in the shoutbox. If a staff member remind them, there is a high chance that I will take a screenshot as proof. If a community member reminds them, I'll likely screenshot it as well. But I will still try and take into consideration whether or not they actually saw the reminder. I know that there are still a lot of new members that don't read the red text above the shoutbox, and leave as soon as they post their message and I'm trying to be forgiving of that. But if I do see this happening too often, I will add them to the blacklist.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Mono likes this.
  9. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    I disagree with the solid proof thing. If we were able to get solid proof of it, we could just report it.
    This should be for things that we were unable to get proof of due to things like looting and such.

Yes, I think the guild thing, while we are all great people <3, should be changed to a community thing as well ~f3

Finally, I also think it should be okay to blacklist stuff about the shoutbox. I personally believe that the shoutbox is a privilege, not a right.
    You can go there to ask questions and get answers and connect with people. If you choose to ignore the rules of the shoutbox, just like how you ignore the rules of the game,
    I don't see anything wrong with there being repercussions to that.

I like how you added that you would make note to see if they were reminded not to be added on the blacklist until proof that they were shown not to do it anymore was given. I think it would be a good idea to make that the rule for reporting shoutbox issues.

10. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    Isn't the point of the blacklist to warn members of the community about toxic players in the community who have done certain things that aren't bannable? I personally don't understand why there is a "Shoutbox Related Issues" Section. Are those people annoying? Yes. But they don't belong on this list. The previous black list helped a lot of people to avoid toxic players. There's no point in adding irrelevant information into it.

I personally think that there should either be proof or multiple witnesses before someone gets added to the black list. There were a large number of people who were added to the previous list without any proof. Anyone could easily come up with a story to get someone added on here without them actually doing anything wrong.

Unknown, BabyRaine, Gangsta and 4 others like this.
  11. Muren

Muren Donator

IGN:
    Mooren
    Level:
    OuO
    Guild:
    426Unity
    IMO If someone doesn't have solid proof they can still post here to warn other players but they shouldn't be added to the blacklist.

As trevor said, the point of the blacklist is to add the people who do things that aren't in the T&C, if someone scams you and you do a regular report it will most likely be closed without any actions taken regardless of how much evidence you had.

Getting proof of somone misslooting isn't hard, taking a screenshot of the people who sign up for your run (like this one), and one after your run where you are at least attempting to contact the scammer should be enough, or even better start recording when the boss is about to die.

I wasn't criticizing that there was a shoutbox related issues section (even though I agree with trevor on this topic), I was criticizing that he added someone to the blacklist without making a report. No one should have the right to add someone to the blacklist without a public report and the approval of someone else.

Personally I don't care much about what happens in the shoutbox since I barely use it but I will point out that there has already been people banned for misconduct in the shoutbox (I remember Sila once gave a forum ban to a guy who was been rude in the shoutbox during a server freeze) so if this people are really that annoying for you all then make a regular report and see if they get a forum warning/ban.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Unknown likes this.
  12. lilaznpnk

Country Flag:
    Yes, that is the point of the blacklist. I, and others I have talked to feel that people that are unable to respect the GMs and the basic shoutbox rules are toxic to the community. I want the Community Blacklist to be a reference for people to help them determine whether or not they want to interact with a person, be it in game or on the forums (most prominently the market section). For me, I think someone's inability to follow basic instructions shows a part in that.

And again, I want to emphasize that the Community Blacklist is exactly what you make it out to be. If you think a section is stupid, then just skip over it. I want it like this for two reasons:
    1) So that those who want that information have it. Some people feel more strongly about the little things than others, and they will still have the information if they want it.
    2) So that we can avoid any arguments over "petty things" such as Fame Scamming. On the last blacklist, I remember at least a couple times where long off-topic arguments because a people were tired of all the "petty reports" that were popping up, even though the report was completely within the bounds of the blacklist. There had even been fame scammers already added to there.

Although this will be still be extremely subjective overall, I am looking for multiple witnesses/reports before adding someone to this blacklist. The reason I don't want to put any explicit requirements is that I don't want anything deterring someone from posting a report on here. Even if they don't have any proof, it is still better for them to make a post so that we have some kind of reference of an offence made in case the name comes up again.

This is kind of awkward to phrase, so please don't take this as me being power-hungry or anything of the sort if it comes out wrong. I am trying to run this as fairly as possible since I really do want this to be a good resource for the community as a whole.
    But I'm kind of confused over the method behind/reason for posting a report. Unless we implement a type of voting system or something alike, the final say on whether or not something belongs on the blacklist does go to through me. And the problem with trying to implement a voting system is just getting enough people to try and vote as this typically isn't a high-traffic thread. In addition, it would risk being detrimental to some reports such as the Fame Scams which we know people have fought over before.

Or would you prefer me posting a reply on the thread and linking to the reply instead of directly to the screeenshots, just so that there's a consistency within the thread? Or any other suggestion as to how to manage the thread as a whole? Open to suggestions.

Mono likes this.
  13. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    Okay so, you are going to add people to a list which generally result in people becoming an outcast in the community because they were annoying in the shoutbox? That is way too harsh. I'm guessing that this list won't gain anywhere close to the same amount of traction because of that. Shoutbox related issues are irrelevant in a list like this.

Unknown, Gangsta, inversion and 5 others like this.
  14. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    There are a couple things I don't agree with. First, the main point of this page wasn't even for shoutbox banning so I don't see why it should be such a huge issue to not gain traction. Second, people HAVE been banned from the shoutbox for saying profanities and being inappropriate in the shoutbox. Like, if they're shouting profanities in it, I don't see why we can't report it? It's still a community thing, but it's minor so this is a more appropriate place to put it imo.

Back to my first point though, the whole point of this page was to have a place where people could upload things they saw, but aren't bannable/too petty to flood the report thread with. I don't see what's wrong with uploading ss, or even mentioning something that happened here. For example, GMs don't do anything about scamming because it is ultimately your fault for trusting a person someone. For example, if you get scammed for leech, a report won't do too much because that's between you and that other player. By posting it here, even with no evidence, we could see if next time they do it again. Of course, I think nothing should be put on the list without some sort of evidence as well too. But for people maybe trying to buy leech and fame or such, this could be a place to double check.

I think this is a good resource to have as a community tbh. I don't know why there is so much hate over such a small portion of it.

Plenty and Mono like this.
  15. workteam

workteam Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    No
    Level:
    In my opinion the blacklist should stick to in-game matters.

If you want to keep track of shoutbox offenses, you can just make a list for yourself.

Shoutbox offenses have no impact whatsoever on the server, why bother adding them to the blacklist?

Gangsta likes this.
  16. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    Because like it's been mentioned, this is is community blacklist, and the forums/shoutbox are part of the community.

xFishy, Plenty and Mono like this.
  17. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    The point of the first black list was mainly to make people aware of scammers so they could be basically punished by the community because the GMs don't take action on those who scam. You are putting people who are annoying in the shoutbox on the same list as a person who has scammed a countless amount of people. It doesn't matter if the main point of the thread wasn't for the "Shoutbox related issues", it is still a category on a list made up of some of the more toxic members of the community.

No one is hating on the overall list, it worked fairly well before when Sami was doing it. I am personally upset over the fact that this list will basically ruin some people's mapleroyals experience because they simply asked for a gm in the shoutbox.

EDIT: Also, just want to point out that SAFARIMAN was permanently banned a while ago.

Unknown, seanc and workteam like this.
  18. Jeen

Jeen Donator

Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    Of course, if it is a simple thing of just asking for a GM in the shoutbox because they didn't know then it's obviously not something that should be listed. But when they've already been asked to, politely, that they are not supposed to do that and continue to do so, I don't think it's bad to list that.

Here are the reasons why I think that it is.
    1) People who ask for a gm in the shoutbox rarely use it except to ask for a GM/rewarp anyway so it's not like it really affects their game experience hugely (except they won't be able to continually pester for a gm)
    2) The fact that people who know the rules of the shoutbox, and continue to nicely remind people, have to deal with repeating themselves over and over again ruins our shoutbox experience.
    3) Definition of harassment is when people are asked to stop doing something and then don't. Now I can't say anything for the GM's, but I personally wouldn't like it if I was constantly being asked in the shoutbox when what I really came to do is connect with the community (and might not even be at a computer). Harassment is a bannable offense and I don't see why if (after MULTIPLE occasions && proper proof) it is a bad thing to upload it here.
    4) There is NO rule as of yet implemented for a shoutbox ban, but if the shoutbox abuse is bad enough to the point of implementing it, this thread would provide support for that.
    5) Again, it would only be after multiple offences and after they were reminded multiple times (and there were ss's of that) that it should be listed.

xFishy and Mono like this.
  19. Sekiryuutei

Sekiryuutei Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sekiryuutei
    Level:
    Guild:
    Unity
    I think one of the point that the canadian doode is trying to say is that shoutbox related problems are/will be personal and will in no way be harmful to the comunity itself. It has been said before, if you had a argument with someone or think they were rude then make your own blacklist and keep it to yourself, it doesnt matter to anyone else.

Plenty, Unknown, Gangsta and 3 others like this.
  20. DontBanPlz

DontBanPlz Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DontBANdit
    Level:
    ???
    While I think this blacklist is a fantastic idea, I don't think it's completely necessary to add someone to the blacklist for shoutbox related issues.

The problem here is we can't exactly avoid them if they're in the shoutbox, and the only way to stop them would be if a staff member blocked them or if they decided to stop on their own. However, at the same time, I don't think it's a bad idea. Just not entirely necessary and in a way, different than what the rest of the blacklist is doing.

As far as adding people without proof, or in cases where proof is near impossible to gather, I'd suggest adding a seperate section for those members. Perhaps a "People to be cautious of" section. That way, it's not saying, "Don't buy leech from this person because he's been proven to scam!", but it'll still warn you to be cautious.

Gangsta and Aviate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.